EAC read and sync errors, few questions.
Jan 30, 2015 at 12:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

plonter

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi all,
I have just bought a few used second hand cds,they pretty much seem in readable condition e.g not too big and ugly scratches.   Now ripping with EAC I get read and sync errors and the error correction red dots are blinking.
I can generally undestand that EAC is trying to correct the errors. Finally it succeds in finishing the reading.   Will the tracks be accurately ripped in the end? will they contain read errors or the EAC can actually correct them (how does it do that anyway..)?  And what sync error means?

Thx.

Jan 30, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #2 of 4
  Hi all,
I have just bought a few used second hand cds,they pretty much seem in readable condition e.g not too big and ugly scratches.   Now ripping with EAC I get read and sync errors and the error correction red dots are blinking.
I can generally undestand that EAC is trying to correct the errors. Finally it succeds in finishing the reading.   Will the tracks be accurately ripped in the end? will they contain read errors or the EAC can actually correct them (how does it do that anyway..)?  And what sync error means?

Thx.

Are you getting the same errors ripping new CD's or just the used ones? The EAC wizard does not always make the optimal choices for drive settings and you may need to experiment with what works for your drive. http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=EAC_Drive_Options

Did you setup Accurip with a test CD as well?

Jan 31, 2015 at 1:54 AM Post #3 of 4

Are you getting the same errors ripping new CD's or just the used ones? The EAC wizard does not always make the optimal choices for drive settings and you may need to experiment with what works for your drive. http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=EAC_Drive_Options

Did you setup Accurip with a test CD as well?

Only one used cd gave me problems, actually some rip I did yesterday went for a few good hours!  non of the tracks could be verified as accurate (I don't really care about accurate rip actually,it is just a nice bonus for me).
So I decided to listen to it anyway,but there are a lot of holes and jumps in the audio..it is really unlistenable.  It is strange because the cd doesn't look in such terrible state. I just listened to it straight from the WMP and it is fine,
I don't know why EAC rip have a lot of holes in it.    
Anyway,I am now going for straight WAV rip with WMP and convert it to flac. 

I did all the initial setting of the wizzrd in the program installation, I didn't added any other manual configuration. but it seemed to configure accurate rip automatically when I first entered a cd.

Jan 31, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #4 of 4
I still don't understand why EAC couldn't pass on the errors on the cd and just rip it normally. when I did a rip with the WMP all the tracks played well , e.g without jumps and holes in the audio, with EAC they were many of them.
Is it because WMP compensated for the errors (filled the "holes") and EAC don't do this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back