EAC Foobar ASIO4ALL WASAPI Settings Pictorial
Jan 18, 2009 at 3:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 251

olblueyez

Banned
TIP: Set your power scheme to "High Performance" This will keep your CPU from Throttling Back and creating dropouts,,,!!!

[size=medium]Links are marked in DARK BLUE.[/size]
wink.gif

http://blowfish.be/eac/

Ripping with EAC

Accuraterip is included with all newer versions of EAC. Choose to install all components of the program (eBay Button optional).

Introduction » Exact Audio Copy

eacar0.jpg

Copy and Paste
-6 -V -T "artist=%a" -T "title=%t" -T "album=%g" -T "dates=%y" -T "tracknumber=%n" -T "genre=%m" -T comment="%e" -T "comment=EAC(Secure Mode)" %s

People with Vista SP1 can use the WASAPI DLL instead of ASIO and ASIO4ALL, it provides "Bit-Perfect" without the set up hassels associated with ASIO4ALL.

foobar2000

Place the "WASAPI DLL file" in your Foobar2000 Component folder on your harddrive.

foobar2000: Download foobar2000 and optional components

SPDIF can be set at 24bit and the Foobar buffer should be set at less than 1000.
newpicture1fr8.png

OR

USB should be set at 16bit and the Foobar buffer set at less than 1000.
newpictureum5.png

WASAPI users can stop here, you are ready to rock!!!

Foobar2000 and ASIO4ALL Settings

Download and install Foobar2000 and ASIO4ALL.

foobar2000

ASIO4ALL - Universal ASIO Driver

Be sure to download the "ASIO Support DLL file" and move it to the Foobar Components Folder on your harddrive.

foobar2000: Download foobar2000 and optional components

ASIO4ALL Settings for SPDIF (Set your Buffer Size as low as you can go without having any Glitches during normal use)
newpicture16de8.png

<~~Lower Latency~~~~BUFFER~~~~Less Glitches~~>(Mine is set at 196)

ASIO4ALL Settings for USB (Set your Buffer Size as low as you can go without having any Glitches during normal use)
newpicture14if2.png

<~~Lower Latency~~~~BUFFER~~~~Less Glitches~~>(Mine is set at 196)(For extreme cases tick the Use Hardware Buffer Box)

Foobar Output Settings (Buffer size is best at lower settings, your mileage may vary)(Mine is set at 500ms)
newpicturedr4.jpg

Volume set to 100 and Preamp set to Zero
newpictureji6.jpg

DSP (Digital Sound Processors) will prevent "Bit-Perfect" Playback. (Advanced Limiter can be used to prevent clipping. I dont know if this is still considered Bit-Perfect).
newpicturecz1.jpg

ASIO4ALL Settings in Foobar (Use the left mouse button to map and un-map channels. If you wish to prevent foobar from using a specific device then map channels 1 and 2 for that device to <none>. Any devices mapped as channel 1 = left and channel 2 = right will receive a signal when foobar is in use. If you look at my ASIO virtual Devices you can see I have USB and Optical active at the same time, this way I can listen to either one by merely changing the input selector on my dac.)
newpicture1fb6.png

Windows Audio Control Panel (Its best to NOT make usb your default device when using usb with Foobar so windows sounds are not attempting to use your usb Dac at the same time FOOBAR is). (Exception to this rule is when you want to hear windows audio such as watching movies on youtube etc.)
newpicturedd4.jpg

Windows Audio Control Panel (Choosing "No Sounds" for the sound scheme will prevent windows from interfereing with your Dac as well).
newpicture19pk2.png

Audio Card Digital Settings (May need to be different according to your dac specifications.)
newpicture26re9.png

SPDIF settings (May be different depending on your Dac)
newpicture27ft5.png

USB Settings, (Always Use 16 Bit 44.100 Hz)
newpicture4zo5.png

All levels for digital out should be 100 percent in all programs.
newpicture1qu0.png

Anytime you see a "TEST" button in a control panel. make sure it works, if not then you need to change a setting or two.

Good Luck
bigsmile_face.gif

Tip: You may want to put a shortcut for your audio control panel on your desktop so you can change outputs quickly, Laptop Speakers, SPDIF, USB, etc. You can do this by going to the control panel and right click the speaker and then click "Create Shortcut". Then you will have a speaker on your desktop.

newpicturezg4.jpg

That will take you to these settings.

newpicturedd4.jpg

Interesting Article About Bit-Perfect
newpicturebu8.jpg

Suggestions and comments are welcome. Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

Jan 18, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #5 of 251
Quote:

Originally Posted by rmh1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would recommend setting Foobar2000 to output at 24 bit, not 16 as pictured, so as not to truncate data.

It is greyed out, I think that setting would be in ASIO4ALL. That setting is availible using other output methods.

Jan 18, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #6 of 251
Quick question to clear up some confusion. In my setup, my usb audio volume is controlled by windows volume. There is also foobar volume. Which one should be set to 100%.

Jan 18, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #7 of 251
If it is setup properly then the windows volume slider should have no affect on the volume when listening to music through Foobar. I added a new picture for you. Second one under Foobar, volume set at 100 and preamp at 0.0

Jan 18, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #8 of 251
Okay, got it. I believe that happens in cases where your USB device has its own audio controls. In my case, my usb device doesn't have it's own volume control, its controlled by windows volume control.

Jan 18, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #9 of 251
Quote:

Originally Posted by powerslave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, got it. I believe that happens in cases where your USB device has its own audio controls. In my case, my usb device doesn't have it's own volume control, its controlled by windows volume control.

The windows sliders work when you listen to music through WMP or IE, etc. That is what is good about Foo/ASIO, they skip over the Windows crap that ruins the sound quality.

Jan 18, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #10 of 251
I'm bored today so I'll give this a shot. Currently just running WMA lossless through Zune software to AV710.

I need to get this setup anyways since my comp will become my main source in a couple weeks.

Jan 18, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #11 of 251
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is greyed out, I think that setting would be in ASIO4ALL. That setting is availible using other output methods.

Set it to 24 bit when you have another output selected, then when you select ASIO4ALL, it will stay at 24 bit, albeit greyed out.

Jan 18, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #12 of 251
Having problems with the very first picture as many things don't match up. For instance there is no box to 'uncheck install Lame'. Next problem is I can't seem to find anything to download to install AccurateRip. Their download page points to EAC and dBpoweramp.

Jan 18, 2009 at 7:33 PM Post #13 of 251
Looks like I managed to get through it with all the right settings anyhow. Ripping a CD atm then I'll move on to Foobar/ASIO setup.

Jan 18, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #14 of 251
Ok question: If it's going to take (so it says) 3 hours to rip this brand new Opeth Watershed cd (only ripped once before to wma lossless, never played) does that mean something is wrong?

My drive is a NEC ND-3550A 1.05 CD/DVDRW. This pace is unbearably slow
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back