E7 vs E6???
Jul 25, 2012 at 11:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

hi-fifan

New Head-Fier
Hey everybody,

I have a mid 2010 macbook pro that I most often listen to my music with. I'm looking to pair either an AMP or a DAC/AMP with my ATH-M50's.

My question is.... is it worth it to get something like the FIIO E7 because am I really going to hear a significant sound quality upgrade from the soundcard on my macbook vs the E7??

Or should I just go with a regular bass boosting amp like the E6 or maybe something a little more expensive because I want to be able to use it with my iPod classic also???

Thanks for y'alls help!!

Jul 25, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #2 of 9
M-50s arent going to benefit that much from an amp.

But..... if you have seen all the kewl rigs and feel you jus hav to hav one, then maybe and fiio E17 would do the trick, and get a Fiio L9 lod for the ipod.

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #7 of 9
Awesome! thanks for linking to that review of E6.

One more question for anyone,

If I plan on stepping up to a pair of slick expensive headphones in the future (haven't really looked at any yet), is it worth it to get E11 instead of E6?

Jul 26, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #8 of 9
Yes and no. The E11 has relatively high gain, so using it with sensitive IEM's will not be fun. It also cannot properly power many of the more demanding headphones, and you would want to pair those with a better amplifier anyways. However, it will be fine for the vast majority of headphones under $400 and a few above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back