E2c and ER6i price difference
Jun 7, 2005 at 6:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

b-sides

100+ Head-Fier
i have found the ER6i for 17 dollars more than the E2c. is this worth it? i was planning to get the E2c over the standard ER6 because i heard that it was a decision between musicality and precision. i prefer my music to be a little more involving, so i decided to go with the E2cs. now with the slight price difference for a better model, i'm not so sure. how do the ER6is hold up in terms of warmth and involvement? i found the regular ER6s to be somewhat flat and boring.

Jun 7, 2005 at 7:52 PM Post #2 of 3
I prefer the ER6i over the E2C *and* the E3C, but it's definitely a less warm sounding earphone than the Shures

I'd say try the E2C if you didn't like the ER6, because they are very much a complete opposite in terms of sonic character. The ER6i sounds more like a ER6 with a slightly rolled off high end.

Jun 7, 2005 at 8:12 PM Post #3 of 3
I just got my e2s today, and they sound just great to me. Nothing harsh or imbalanced in the sound so far in my first moments of listen. I'm coming from having listened to Sony/Panasonics/Sharps, and e2's sound signature isn't completely different from them - hope that helps.

The stock sleeves hurt like heck, but foamies r0x. I can't believe the isolation I'm getting now. I'm turning the volume down 4-6 notches and still getting good detail.

Like many have said, the e2/e2c's got bass. Not muddy, but there is good amount of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back