E1DA DACs Discussion Thread (PDV2, 9038S, 9038D, 9038X, HiFiToy, HPToy)
Mar 19, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #646 of 1,481
you should check the discord if static3 is around..it wont be helpful here in the forum to find your problem..there are so many stupid things your phone can do that have to be enabled or disabled.

Mar 23, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #647 of 1,481
Hi all, could someone explain to me how to import EQ presets into the HPToy app? I have the E1DA PowerDac v2 and an iPhone, and I tried to follow the instructions here -- https://e1dashz.wixsite.com/index/pdv2 -- and here -- https://audiodigitale.eu/?p=182 -- to import an EQ preset, but nothing seems to be working. I'm trying to import a Harman-target EQ preset for the Focal Elex.
I am using the EQ presets for the Focal Elex that are available at this GitHub page.

In the HPToy app, I tried to import via an image file by pasting in the direct link to the PNG file, but it didn't seem to work. And then I tried to import via a text file by pasting in the text values as written here but that didn't seem to work either. When I say, "It doesn't seem to work," that is because after I supposedly import and apply the preset, in the HPToy app I click on "Filters," which opens up the EQ graph, but the EQ graph is totally flat -- it is like nothing has been applied.

Thanks for your guidance!

Mar 23, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #648 of 1,481
PS: After I import the preset, I tap on the name of the preset, the app asks "Warning: Are you sure you want to load [name of preset] preset?," and I tap "Yes." Then the app loads it, but when I go to "Filters," which opens up the EQ graph, the EQ graph is flat.

Mar 24, 2020 at 5:25 PM Post #650 of 1,481
Nice i hope it works now. Needs a bit of practice and you are able to get a pretty good result with some practice.. Since i work with 3D software stuff i got a lot of practice in tweaking bezier spline curves so its very similar.

you should save many iterations and on the next day just skip through them. i was very surprised about the differences once a new preset is loaded and its not that harman is the truth :wink: .. some weird presets sounded better so i kept them

Mar 25, 2020 at 3:59 AM Post #651 of 1,481
Great, thread galleries are back (top right) ! Was useful back before....hunting back a year for a preset much easier now.

Mar 31, 2020 at 1:40 AM Post #654 of 1,481
Can I power a T50rp with any of these?

Mar 31, 2020 at 12:09 PM Post #657 of 1,481
they are not balanced, and to be honest, I doubt they can be converted to balanced (but I'm not sure here)

Okay, let me rephrase. Can I use a ZMF Blackwood with these? (T50rp mod with balanced connection)

Mar 31, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #658 of 1,481
Okay, let me rephrase. Can I use a ZMF Blackwood with these? (T50rp mod with balanced connection)
I assume so, but may depend on how well you hear. The PowerDAC V2, that is. Not the 9018.

I use it with my Ether Flow C. I'm assuming they are similar efficiency. But it is -just- loud enough for me. However I damaged my hearing from decades of loud music. You may hear much better than me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back