E1DA DACs Discussion Thread (PDV2, 9038S, 9038D, 9038X, HiFiToy, HPToy)
Jul 17, 2021 at 3:58 AM Post #1,291 of 1,482
The problem is that I prefer mpv that I configure in wasapi exclusive mode. I did not find hardware volume control in mpv. So android is way ahead windows regarding sound management...
I just ordered that PD V2.1 with no experience so far. When buying DACs or DAC-preamps you never know how they "behave" with volume control under Windows 10 when bypassing DirectSound, that's for sure . When e/g setting sound output from Qobuz app to WASAPI exclusive mode the one sort of DACs is still adjustable through W10 system volume control, while the other sort of DACs is set to a fixed 100% output with in-app volume control only (which I dislike due to security reasons). So I can only wait and see if PD V2.1 can be volume adjusted in exclusive mode, or unfavourable DirectSound mode the only safe way to protect my ears. If i understood you properly, as soon as set to exclusive mode the PD will deliver a non-adjustable 100% output, sadly.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2021 at 5:46 AM Post #1,292 of 1,482
Hi folks. my first post comes with a question about the Powerdac V2.1. As i learned a dedicated adapter (2.5mm 4-pin plug to 3.5mm 3-pin jack) will be supplied. When finally set to unbalanced mode by Android app, it will "transform" itself into a common single-ended DAC-amp. So far-so good... My question is wheter V2.1 *finally* can be connected savely and steadily to integrated or power amplifiers (naturally by 3.5mm to dual RCA adapter)?
I'm curious to find out whether with V2.1 the device might play out it's benefits in a home setup, too. Due to the grounding issue, with previous versions that wasn't possible by default configuration. - Maybe technical limitations still apply, I just don't know. What do you think?
From my understanding the answer is 'probably not'. it's not something I ever needed but I did see it discussed in the Discord Channel . The short answer seems to be that your amp needs to be immune to high frequency switching noise, but I would highly recommend going to the channel and searching. If you can't see a definitive answer then just ask. They're very quick at helping out on there.

Jul 27, 2021 at 1:44 AM Post #1,293 of 1,482
PXL_20210727_053956200~2.jpg

I just got my Y-splitter cable from the AliExpress link on the 1st page. I'm not seeing the red cable though. Do I need to go deeper? Feels like I'm just cutting through copper wires.

Jul 27, 2021 at 1:57 AM Post #1,294 of 1,482
PXL_20210727_053956200~2.jpg
I just got my Y-splitter cable from the AliExpress link on the 1st page. I'm not seeing the red cable though. Do I need to go deeper? Feels like I'm just cutting through copper wires.
You got a zoomed out picture so we can see where you cut?

Aug 8, 2021 at 5:33 AM Post #1,298 of 1,482
The E1DA 9038D never ceases to amaze me with how such a capable device can fit in this small of a form factor. I've been using it for a couple months now and it's become my go-to for both PC and mobile setups. It managed to replace my O2/ODAC, and has small but noticeable improvements to imaging/clarity on my HD650s. Excellent on all the IEMs I've tried with it. Dead neutral sound. Truly an outstanding value for its price.

Aug 8, 2021 at 7:27 AM Post #1,299 of 1,482

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #1,300 of 1,482
Aug 8, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #1,301 of 1,482
The E1DA 9038D never ceases to amaze me with how such a capable device can fit in this small of a form factor. I've been using it for a couple months now and it's become my go-to for both PC and mobile setups. It managed to replace my O2/ODAC, and has small but noticeable improvements to imaging/clarity on my HD650s. Excellent on all the IEMs I've tried with it. Dead neutral sound. Truly an outstanding value for its price.

Do you have any issues such as random clicking sounds or audio dropouts when using it with a PC?

Aug 9, 2021 at 2:05 AM Post #1,304 of 1,482
Ok, thanks. I experienced said issues when using the 9038S G3 Susumu on my PC. However, using it with my phone worked fine.
Did a bit of testing to see if I could replicate this. Might be relevant to your situation, might not. I've always used it plugged directly into my motherboard with no issues, but when I swapped it to my PC case USB ports (both 2.0 and 3.0) I got occasional crackling/pops during playback on my HD650s. Case USB ports provided way more power, so that might have something to do with it. Not an EE so I have no idea why.

Aug 10, 2021 at 12:14 PM Post #1,305 of 1,482
Did a bit of testing to see if I could replicate this. Might be relevant to your situation, might not. I've always used it plugged directly into my motherboard with no issues, but when I swapped it to my PC case USB ports (both 2.0 and 3.0) I got occasional crackling/pops during playback on my HD650s. Case USB ports provided way more power, so that might have something to do with it. Not an EE so I have no idea why.
Thanks for trying it out. I've come to the conclusion that the USB 3.1 port (USB type A) and also the USB-C port on my desktop PC is too 'dirty' and perhaps jittery for the E1DA to function well. I've sold the E1DA and opted for another dongle, the Shanling UA2, which works fine with no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back