e17 or e11 for cks77 and m50
Nov 23, 2012 at 5:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

deltaromeoz

New Head-Fier
hey, im new to head- fi and and this forum.cant decide between e17 or e11 as i havent tested them.heard that e11 has better amp..but spec shows that its amp is more power full but less (SNR 98 vs 108 IN e17 and THD .009% vs .001%) so not refined...also has bit more BASS than e17.dont know how much. i love BASS but refined (m50 like) not just boom.i like the e17 more from reviews and spec wise.but the less BASS and less powered amp thing is keeping me from buying it, also the hissing problem in e11.need a desperate help.thank you...

Nov 23, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:
hey, im new to head- fi and and this forum.cant decide between e17 or e11 as i havent tested them.heard that e11 has better amp..but spec shows that its amp is more power full but less (SNR 98 vs 108 IN e17 and THD .009% vs .001%) so not refined...also has bit more BASS than e17.dont know how much. i love BASS but refined (m50 like) not just boom.i like the e17 more from reviews and spec wise.but the less BASS and less powered amp thing is keeping me from buying it, also the hissing problem in e11.need a desperate help.thank you...

What source(s) are you going to be plugging the E11/E17 into?

Nov 24, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #3 of 6
thanks for the reply...anyway im gonna use samsung s3 and also gonna use with pc..mostly with s3.also hv a ipod..and read that i can use e17 as DAC by a LOD cable bypassing the internal DAC of ipod. is ipod's internal DAC is better? not sure.Are there any LOD cable for s3 or any android devices and will it do any better than the inbuilt?

Nov 24, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
thanks for the reply...anyway I'm gonna use Samsung s3 and also gonna use with pc..mostly with s3.also hv a iPod..and read that i can use e17 as DAC by a LOD cable bypassing the internal DAC of iPod. is iPod's internal DAC is better? not sure.Are there any LOD cable for s3 or any android devices and will it do any better than the inbuilt?

The E17 can not use it's DAC feature with the iPod or the apple LOD port.
For the IPod, just get the Fiio E11 and a Fiio L cable.

The cheapest external add-on DAC that can work with the Apple LOD port is the HRT iSreamer, $155.

Most cell phones do not come with a digital output for connecting to a DAC.
The Samsung S3 does come with a digital output that can connect with a DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back