E10, new USB DAC ( updated with photos of real E10 )
Oct 24, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #361 of 541
Just checked the mailbox and there it was: the fiio e10. Wow that was fast mp4nation! Thought it would take at least another week.

I'm currently enjoying the major improvements. I only listened for <1 hr, so I can't give impressions yet. 

And I really like the bass switch. It's able to provide deep bass (yes, <60 Hz) improvements, giving a subwoofer boost to the music on my denon d2000 and panasonic htf600.

Oct 25, 2011 at 1:05 PM Post #363 of 541
I'm looking at this to power my FA-011's @ 160 ohms.  I don't know enough about amping but I read in an earlier post that it would be sufficient to power a 62 ohm set of cans but not to an optimal point...

Can someone tell me if the e10 will do the job for my FA-011's?

Oct 25, 2011 at 8:04 PM Post #364 of 541
the e10 will be more than enough for your phones.  someone just bought the fa-011 on here and i told him he got a very nice combo.  the fa-011 and the e10 will be like a bass monster while still having an awesome soundstage and details.  you have a very nice setup if you get it to pair with your fa-011.  the only setup i could recommend that would be somewhat better of a pair is the head-direct re0 and rezero.  im getting my old set of re0 back in a few days to recable and i cant wait to test them with my e10.  the re0 are known for probably the best details around in an iem but there is no bass.  the bass function on the e10 will be awesome to test with these.  but everything is pretty much obsolete once i get my t50rp in to mod if they are anything they are cracked up to be.  still the fa-011 will be an awesome pair with the e10 just get it.  i find myself recommending the e10 a lot because its such a great value and sounds awesome and has a bass boost.  its basically like an e5 + e7 + e9 all put together in one very affordable package.

Oct 26, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #365 of 541

Quote:
well once it says it left hong kong, it should arrive within a week or so if you live on teh east coast.  in the west coast i'd say about 2 weeks after it left hong kong.

I always thought Asian shipments hit California first.

Do they actually travel West through Europe?

Oct 26, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #369 of 541
That's getting a little ridiculous.. as good as the E10 is, and it is good, I can't see it even approaching the Benchmark.
In my 'real world' comparisons..
FiiO E10 << Matrix Mini-i <<<< PS Audio DLIII (from a DAC perspective)
What I did was hook them all up to my home theatre system (running in 2 channel mode) Rotel 15xx series electronics with Martin Logan speakers.. this definitely revealed the differences..
As much as I love the E10, you have to put it into perspective.. it's an amazingly good product for the money, but not a giant killer.. not even a mid-fi killer.

Oct 26, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #371 of 541
how do i use the e10 with my headphones with my ps2?  there is a line out on the e10.  if i connect an interconnect from the line out to my 3.5mm female to the 2x rca inputs?  ive tried this and it didnt work i dont think.  please help!

Oct 27, 2011 at 12:15 PM Post #373 of 541
Quote:
That's getting a little ridiculous.. as good as the E10 is, and it is good, I can't see it even approaching the Benchmark.
In my 'real world' comparisons..
FiiO E10 << Matrix Mini-i <<<< PS Audio DLIII (from a DAC perspective)
What I did was hook them all up to my home theatre system (running in 2 channel mode) Rotel 15xx series electronics with Martin Logan speakers.. this definitely revealed the differences..
As much as I love the E10, you have to put it into perspective.. it's an amazingly good product for the money, but not a giant killer.. not even a mid-fi killer.

There is no reason it can't be near the benchmark in terms of sound quality, longs the e10 has no audiable, noise , disortion, jitter etc, it will sound close to the benchmark I am guessing the benchmark probley has a better amp section though since it's mains powered so it probley does sound better in terms of driving headphones.

Oct 27, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #374 of 541
Quote:
how do i use the e10 with my headphones with my ps2?  there is a line out on the e10.  if i connect an interconnect from the line out to my 3.5mm female to the 2x rca inputs?  ive tried this and it didnt work i dont think.  please help!

There isn't any input on the E11 other than USB, and it won't work with USB on a PS2 either. If you want something with analogue inputs buy (or build) a darn standalone headamp.

Oct 27, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #375 of 541

[size=medium]

Quote:

​
[/size]

like you stated, the e10 has a line out, not line in.   you'd have to use a product like the leckerton uh-6 or ibasso d12 for optical in - then you could take a toslink cable and hook up your ps2's optical out to the uh6/d12's optical in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back