e09k to the astro mixamp?
Sep 22, 2014 at 5:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

DEMENTxUSA

Head-Fier
I currently only have the original mixamp released with the a40s, do I need the 2013 edition to connect the two?

Sep 22, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #5 of 12
There's a diagram in the MLE thread just after the mixamp (etc) reviews.  It's called "Info, and how to attach external amps to a virtual surround device".

Plug in everything like you normally would.  Then pull your headphone plug out of the Y-adaptor.  Into the Y adaptor you plug a 3.5mm->RCA cable, which goes into your amp.  Then you plug the headphones into the amp.  

The short version:  Plug the amp in between your headphone and the mixamp.

Sep 22, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #6 of 12
I knoww
There's a diagram in the MLE thread just after the mixamp (etc) reviews.  It's called "Info, and how to attach external amps to a virtual surround device".

Plug in everything like you normally would.  Then pull your headphone plug out of the Y-adaptor.  Into the Y adaptor you plug a 3.5mm->RCA cable, which goes into your amp.  Then you plug the headphones into the amp.  

The short version:  Plug the amp in between your headphone and the mixamp.
I know what you are talking I seen the picture, thank you I just just couldn't find it

Sep 23, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #7 of 12
Yep, had to buy the adapter since i dont have one. but so far with just the mixamp it sounds pretty good. however i have to max it out

Sep 23, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #8 of 12
  Yep, had to buy the adapter since i dont have one. but so far with just the mixamp it sounds pretty good. however i have to max it out

You using Q701's?

Sep 23, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #10 of 12
yes I am, this is my 3rd headset/headphone over ear style I have ever owned, I am extremely happy and surprised how great I can pin point sounds

Yep, the Q701 is pretty amazing for gaming.  As you can see, it's what I use.  And yeah, you'll have to max out the volume, which kinda sucks.  That's one reason why people recommend and amp with it.  The other reason is that the Q701 sounds much better with a powerful amp behind it.

Sep 23, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #11 of 12
Yep, the Q701 is pretty amazing for gaming.  As you can see, it's what I use.  And yeah, you'll have to max out the volume, which kinda sucks.  That's one reason why people recommend and amp with it.  The other reason is that the Q701 sounds much better with a powerful amp behind it.
the only thing I dislike is the headband, but it's not a huge deal. Overall it's perfect. I am waiting on the 3.5 to rca to come in so I can use the amp.

Oct 29, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #12 of 12
Did this work for you?

For some Reason Im trying to make it work but am getting terrible sound. 

Im using an Astro Mixamp Pro 2013 with my brand new FiiO E10K and AKG 612pro headset.

The sound is coming really really low which makes me think im doing something wrong.

Im attaching a pic of my setup. Can anyone help me figure out what im doing wrong? Im trying to get the surround from the Mixamp for my PC. 

I'm using a USB table mic so dont really need the mic connected to the mixamp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back