E-MU Wooden Series Headphones
Mar 24, 2021 at 10:34 PM Post #1,581 of 1,955
Pilot Pad seems well made, but was way too bulky. Had the yokes maxed out and it still wasn't enough, compared to down 2 notches w/o the pilot pad. Used it for less than an hour and just couldn't get it to work properly. Maybe I have a bigger head than I thought lol. Time to resell.

Gonna try that BD pad next, hopefully it's better. On the bright side these things are so light that it's not too much of a burden to deal with the cheap band.

Mar 25, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #1,583 of 1,955
Just got the ZMF Ori pads, comfort is way better and the sound is pretty close to the stock pads. I don't notice a large difference at all.
Did the seal change?

Mar 28, 2021 at 7:39 PM Post #1,586 of 1,955
Just a heads up, but anyone who is looking for the headband pads should avoid the Vever/BD one linked above by amoeba. Just got it in today, it isn't even remotely close to being the correct size. I guess the BD headbands must be 1/2 the width of the Teak. On to the next one... *sigh*

Mar 28, 2021 at 7:45 PM Post #1,587 of 1,955
Well, at least I have a DT770 Pro modded by Custom Cans coming in...

Mar 28, 2021 at 7:50 PM Post #1,588 of 1,955
Just a heads up, but anyone who is looking for the headband pads should avoid the Vever/BD one linked above by amoeba. Just got it in today, it isn't even remotely close to being the correct size. I guess the BD headbands must be 1/2 the width of the Teak. On to the next one... *sigh*
Not sure about those replacement ones, but the stock Beyerdynamics headband from my DT990s do fit. It's a very tight fit though with all the buttons snapped on, I'd probably only recommend it if your headband is tearing up or something. Also can't have any overlap onto the silver portions of the Teak headband since they're a bit thicker.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2021 at 8:08 PM Post #1,589 of 1,955
Not sure about those replacement ones, but the stock Beyerdynamics headband from my DT990s do fit. It's a very tight fit though with all the buttons snapped on, I'd probably only recommend it if your headband is tearing up or something. Also can't have any overlap onto the silver portions of the Teak headband since they're a bit thicker.
Good to know. I'm gonna steer clear of BD ones then since my headband is still new. Any other headbands that are similar in size to the Teaks that you know of? I'm browsing Amazon but I find that most if not all the listings fail to include any type of measurements for the pads :frowning2:

Mar 28, 2021 at 9:02 PM Post #1,590 of 1,955
Good to know. I'm gonna steer clear of BD ones then since my headband is still new. Any other headbands that are similar in size to the Teaks that you know of? I'm browsing Amazon but I find that most if not all the listings fail to include any type of measurements for the pads :frowning2:
ZMF Pilot Pad fits well since it has more leeway than Beyerdynamics to fit over another headband. But unfortunately, I gave up on looking for replacement headbands for the Teaks because the extension is a few notches too little imo. Even the Beyerdynamics headband, which isn't that thick, makes it too thick when put on top of the existing headband unless you have a smaller head.

If it's about discomfort or pressure on the head (for me it's right in the center), using two pieces of foam to make something like the HD650 headband (where you have a gap in the center of the foam) works for me since it diverts pressure to the sides. I haven't tried them before, but maybe Dekoni Nuggets would have the same effect?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back