E-MU Wooden Series Headphones
Sep 22, 2015 at 7:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,955

BearMonster

100+ Head-Fier
This one seems to have slipped by. These headphones are by E-Mu who are connected to creative known for their soundcards.

E-MU Teak

E-MU Walnut

http://www.emu.com/images/headers/topbanner/Woodseries.pdf

E-Mu Teak looks interesting wonder how close it will sound to D5000.

Sep 22, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #2 of 1,955
Wow interesting, looks just like woodied AH-D2000 and AH-D1000. 

Sep 23, 2015 at 3:02 AM Post #3 of 1,955
I heard the E-MU Teak at Comex and was really impressed by its sound. Airy, natural, with excellent soundstage and imaging properties. Resolution and detail level are also quite high. Mids are slightly laid back though. Reminded me of the Sony Z7 but more fluid and effortless. I only had a limited time to audition it, but from what I could tell it might be capable of competing with high end woodie closed backs from Audio Technica and Fostex. Hopefully someone who owns/have a review set chimes in.

Sep 23, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #4 of 1,955
Wow interesting, looks just like woodied AH-D2000 and AH-D1000. 

I believe the teak is the exact same oem used for the d5000.

I heard the E-MU Teak at Comex and was really impressed by its sound. Airy, natural, with excellent soundstage and imaging properties. Resolution and detail level are also quite high. Mids are slightly laid back though. Reminded me of the Sony Z7 but more fluid and effortless. I only had a limited time to audition it, but from what I could tell it might be capable of competing with high end woodie closed backs from Audio Technica and Fostex. Hopefully someone who owns/have a review set chimes in.

Interesting i wonder if they have left the drivers untouched.

Sep 24, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #5 of 1,955
That first picture looks EXACTLY like a Denon chassis!  Maybe Fostex is the OEM? 

Oct 19, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #7 of 1,955
Foster is the OEM for Creative's bio-cellulose headphones. E-MU is owned by Creative. These are almost definitely made by Foster/Fostex.

It looks like we might have the successor to the Denon line coming. Now we just need to figure out how to give them our money!

These will almost definitely be my next headphone purchase.

Oct 20, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #8 of 1,955
Nice looking Fostex's, but I'd be happier without the big logo on the cup. Here's hoping they don't go crazy with the pricing like they did with the Fostex-branded phones. If it has the same (old) drivers as the Dxxx Denons, I'd be miffed if they hiked the price. I guess we'll see.

Oct 20, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #9 of 1,955
The winner (was there a contest?) got the SGD 999 version which is equivalent to US $717.  So a Denon D7000 basically. 

Was on a chat session with them asking about the E-MU and they (Creative) gave me the link to them directly. 

http://emu.com/ is the website.  Trying to get an answer and will post up if I do. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back