E-MU Wooden Series Headphones
Feb 8, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #1,486 of 1,955
Ooooh, I dunno why I thought you could only get them through Drop and it'd be years since. You're the best!

Feb 9, 2021 at 2:45 AM Post #1,487 of 1,955
Any of you guys order directly from the States, and if so, how long did it take for them to arrive? The website is pretty barren of information, let alone if they even ship to the states. I already made my order and paid, though I sent an email asking if they could send a balanced cable instead. I heard it takes forever to get a response, so, I'm kinda just sitting in the dark, half a grand out of my pocket, and little info. Lol.

Just wanna see if anyone has any experience here that doesn't involve Drop.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2021 at 5:07 AM Post #1,488 of 1,955
Any of you guys oprder directly from the States, and if so, how long did it take for them to arrive? The website is pretty barren of information, let alone if they even ship to the states. I already made my order and paid, though I sent an email asking if they could send a balanced cable instead. I heard it takes forever to get a response, so, I'm kinda just sitting in the dark, half a grand out of my pocket, and little info. Lol.

I'm not from the states, but I know they do ship worldwide, and it shouldn't take more than 2-3 weeks, possibly even less.

Feb 9, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #1,489 of 1,955
In case you were following my ESx mod adventure, there will be no updates for awhile. I accidentally broke an internal wire connection during mad mod session. I was too careless.

However, E-MU’s death will not be in vain. The ancillary parts will be contributed to another project. The company has not exactly gone public yet, eta for reveal is still some weeks away. I could’ve just had wiring fixed, but the path to upgrade is inevitable anyway. I cant talk about new headphone yet, sorry. Goodbye E-MU thread.

Feb 9, 2021 at 5:29 PM Post #1,490 of 1,955
Any of you guys order directly from the States, and if so, how long did it take for them to arrive? The website is pretty barren of information, let alone if they even ship to the states. I already made my order and paid, though I sent an email asking if they could send a balanced cable instead. I heard it takes forever to get a response, so, I'm kinda just sitting in the dark, half a grand out of my pocket, and little info. Lol.

I ordered mine directly from Chan through email, and he invoiced me the next day. After I paid immediately, it was three weeks before they shipped. I sent a few emails in the meantime to check on their progress, but got no response until he actually shipped them with FedEx and sent me the tracking number. Then they were in hand one week later. The whole process took almost exactly one month, and this was back in 2018. At the time, I had expected 3-5 weeks' wait from hearing from everyone else, so it was essentially right on the money. He isn't, um, super responsive to emails, but honeslty I wouldn't worry at all unless/until you hit that 5 weeks mark. Hope that helps!

Feb 9, 2021 at 6:47 PM Post #1,491 of 1,955

Had similar experience as phthora when I ordered last year, though just ordered as directed on the site so not sure if it went through Chan. My email communications with them have been a bit spotty in general too, had to send multiple emails sometimes.

My correspondence said they ship within 7 business days after payment, they shipped it out after about a week. The Fedex shipping was fast though, arrived the next day lol. But that could be cause I'm on the West coast.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #1,492 of 1,955
Can anyone comment on the durability of these? I've done a lot of research and it appears these aren't that durable, and because of that I'm on the fence with purchasing the Campfire Cascades instead (in spite of knowing that I prefer the sound sig of the Teaks).

Am I worrying too much? I'd like to feel confident about the durability, at least that I don't have to baby them.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2021 at 7:19 PM Post #1,493 of 1,955
Can anyone comment on the durability of these? I've done a lot of research and it appears these aren't that durable, and because of that I'm on the fence with purchasing the Campfire Cascades instead (in spite of knowing that I prefer the sound sig of the Teaks).

Am I worrying too much? I'd like to feel confident about the durability, at least that I don't have to baby them.

I've had mine for three years now and, since they're closed back, they travel with me pretty frequently. They've held up perfectly. Everything still moves that's supposed to move, and nothing moves that isn't supposed to move. The jacks work 100% of the time, just like new. No dings or scrapes or anything, and they still sound amazing. I do feel the need to baby them a bit, since they have wooden and plastic parts. They aren't solid metal tanks like some Audezes, but they only require a reasonable amount of cautious handling to hold up. If you plan on tossing them in a backpack bareback or dropping them onto a desk willy-nilly, they won't be a good choice.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2021 at 7:30 PM Post #1,494 of 1,955
I've had mine for three years now and, since they're closed back, they travel with me pretty frequently. They've held up perfectly. Everything still moves that's supposed to move, and nothing moves that isn't supposed to move. The jacks work 100% of the time, just like new. No dings or scrapes or anything, and they still sound amazing. I do feel the need to baby them a bit, since they have wooden and plastic parts. They are solid metal tanks like some Audezes, but they only require a reasonable amount of cautious handling to hold up. If you plan on tossing them in a backpack bareback or dropping them onto a desk willy-nilly, they won't be a good choice.
That's great to hear. I don't plan on mistreating them or tossing them around, but the internet had me believing that it would fall apart even if I treated them really well — glad to learn this isn't the case.

What cable do you prefer using with your Teaks?

Thanks again

Feb 9, 2021 at 7:36 PM Post #1,495 of 1,955
That's great to hear. I don't plan on mistreating them or tossing them around, but the internet had me believing that it would fall apart even if I treated them really well — glad to learn this isn't the case.

Thanks again
Theyre not going to fall apart if you look after them as mention. The only complaint i would have is the cup heigh adjustment mechanism is a bit too loose. But not too bad.

Feb 9, 2021 at 8:00 PM Post #1,496 of 1,955
I had the issue with the connector thingy that connects the headband to the gimbal, it is a relatively well known fault point (I found that out after it broke), but it's a minor thing, it has nothing to do with the sound and was relatively easy to fix ($50 from a local guy here). So if that's the worst case, I think that's pretty acceptable. I just wish they used a standard screw or bolt - it was some weird spring-loaded thing that I could never get right myself and had to seem professional help.

Feb 9, 2021 at 8:00 PM Post #1,497 of 1,955

Thanks again

There may be some concern about the cups drying out or warping due to atmospheric humidity, but I doubt there's much you can really do about that when the cups are installed. Storing them separately, you have some options. The humidity out in NM hovers between 15% and 25% most of the time, and I've had no cracks, shrinkage, or warping. Maybe that's the sweet spot. Other than that, they are prone to the same minor cosmetic damage as anything else, but the general build seems not to wear down over time due to faulty materials or deficiencies in design. It's based very closely on the standard Fostex headband, and those seem to last with minimal fuss. I've handled 6-7 year old Fostexes (Fosteces?) that were like new, no issues.

I like Periapt and Venus Audio cables quite a bit, but Venus doesn't seem to be fulfilling new orders these days and Periapt cables are pretty heavy for the very lightweight Teaks. My go-to is a Dyson cable. Very flexible and light in weight, still built robustly, and I would recommend that whatever you get, go with a cable on the shorter side, just to keep the weight down.

Feb 9, 2021 at 11:10 PM Post #1,498 of 1,955
There may be some concern about the cups drying out or warping due to atmospheric humidity, but I doubt there's much you can really do about that when the cups are installed. Storing them separately, you have some options. The humidity out in NM hovers between 15% and 25% most of the time, and I've had no cracks, shrinkage, or warping. Maybe that's the sweet spot. Other than that, they are prone to the same minor cosmetic damage as anything else, but the general build seems not to wear down over time due to faulty materials or deficiencies in design. It's based very closely on the standard Fostex headband, and those seem to last with minimal fuss. I've handled 6-7 year old Fostexes (Fosteces?) that were like new, no issues.

I like Periapt and Venus Audio cables quite a bit, but Venus doesn't seem to be fulfilling new orders these days and Periapt cables are pretty heavy for the very lightweight Teaks. My go-to is a Dyson cable. Very flexible and light in weight, still built robustly, and I would recommend that whatever you get, go with a cable on the shorter side, just to keep the weight down.
Thanks for the additional input Skullar and bigjako, makes this decision a lot easier.

I'll be going with the Dyson cable and be ordering the Teaks soon! Appreciate your time phthora

Feb 20, 2021 at 9:59 PM Post #1,499 of 1,955
Which Fostex / Denon can would the best fit? I have the Teaks now. I'd like something with additional sub bass. Also some additional overall weight and fullness to the sound. Nothing where the mids are more recessed. A little better resolution, but this would be the least important. I'm also okay with a little less extension in the presence region, but not much. Is the Ebony what I'm after? How does the 7200 compare and contrast against the Teaks? I understand they have more bass, but the lack of treble is a bit of a concern. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Feb 20, 2021 at 10:07 PM Post #1,500 of 1,955
Which Fostex / Denon can would the best fit? I have the Teaks now. I'd like something with additional sub bass. Also some additional overall weight and fullness to the sound. Nothing where the mids are more recessed. A little better resolution, but this would be the least important. I'm also okay with a little less extension in the presence region, but not much. Is the Ebony what I'm after? How does the 7200 compare and contrast against the Teaks? I understand they have more bass, but the lack of treble is a bit of a concern. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Ebony has the best bass and sub bass response IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back