Dynamic Top-end Headphone
Aug 13, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #16 of 40
I am more of a stat person but I spent some time listening to good dynamic systems at the LA Canjam. The HD 800 was the best of what I heard which included the AKGK1000, various Grados and Ultrasone 9, however it needed a balanced amp. The set-up sold by Headroom (BUDA I think) was excellent. Possibly som eof the others might work better on a balanced rig too though.

Aug 13, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #17 of 40
There is good recommendations here I see
smily_headphones1.gif
and my cash is not that limited atm
biggrin.gif

I am quite unable to get most of the phones you mentioned here due to and also found several things i might be drawn back by with some of the phones you mentioned

Akg K1000 = seem largely unavailable and not too fond of shipping over large distances

Grado Hp2 = also have not seen anyone of them here and it seems the "i" version is special
frown.gif

Sony qualia/R10 = seems very hard for me to get and like the above might not get anything out of it if something would happen with them.

With the rest of them I have seen more complaints on the others than on the HD 800. That alone' that it seems to be likened made it very intriguing to get a demo¨¨

Aug 13, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #20 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf18t /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you can find one you could also try a Grado PS1000. They're in production but I think they're rarer then the ATH L3000...

OP said he wants a neutral hp -the ps1000 are not remotely neutral.

Aug 14, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #21 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtomikPi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OP said he wants a neutral hp

Huh!?? Sorry if I missed something buy just re-read the OP and nowhere there's mention about neutral.

Edit: Ah OK just found the related lost. Yep the HD-800 are a very good option.

Aug 14, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #22 of 40
for the price of the hd800s you can (more or less) get the JHA 13 pros + an appropriate amp. yes they are custom iems but check out the jh13 thread and you'll find folks who've listened to or owned all or most of the top tier cans mentioned in this thread and will put the 13s squarely up there, or above, any of them. the thread is massive and unwieldy but i've assembled a meta-impressions post as a gateway in to the thread to get number of users take on this remarkable device:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/5911775-post3001.html

Aug 14, 2009 at 8:24 AM Post #23 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadmeat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Akg K1000 = seem largely unavailable and not too fond of shipping over large distances

Germany is not that far away from Sweden (hint eBay.de)..
wink.gif

If you just want to buy locally (national) and not get out-of-production units you are quite limited. Basically boiling down to HD800 and PS1000.
The Stax O2 would probably be a strong candidate, although it is not moving-coil.

Aug 14, 2009 at 9:54 AM Post #24 of 40
I will look into the eBay.de
smily_headphones1.gif

I think I will not consider any Iem atm due to the possibility of not being satisfied with the sound stage.

Akg K1000 were only found one Ex on Ebay.com and not .de
frown.gif

I would gladly appreciate if someone had anything close to swe that might be fitting for my needs and are available on a quick "hearing audition"-

Aug 14, 2009 at 10:40 AM Post #25 of 40
Quote:

I will look into the eBay.de
smily_headphones1.gif

<snip>
Akg K1000 were only found one Ex on Ebay.com and not .de
frown.gif

There may not be one there just now, but I can assure you they show up quite regularly. Just keep an eye, or add a filter which email you when a match is found.

Quote:

I would gladly appreciate if someone had anything close to swe that might be fitting for my needs and are available on a quick "hearing audition"-

Stockholm mini-meet 11-12th September - Mark your calendars! ...
wink_face.gif

The AKG K1000 and Sennheiser HD800 will be there, so will the Sennheiser HE90, HE60 and more.

Aug 27, 2009 at 9:51 PM Post #26 of 40
I have now looked into more of the Swedish meeting and I think that that might be a great way to find out more about the headphones.

Also I found out that I do not like quite a bit of other high-fi phones/speakers due to not enough details and transparency so that will yet again be something i will look for combined with excellent imaging and frequency response satisfying to me'

Aug 27, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #27 of 40
ö

Aug 30, 2009 at 5:05 PM Post #28 of 40
I'd start with the 800s... I haven't auditioned a lot of the other high end stuff, but the 800s would be a good ballpark anyways if you're going to demo them before buying. From there you can go in a different direction if you don't like 'em.

Sep 20, 2009 at 11:23 AM Post #29 of 40
What....?? No Ergo AMT in the Listings? Does it qualify? It is not really an electrostatic.
Opinions.... anyone..?....Duggeh...???

Sep 22, 2009 at 11:45 PM Post #30 of 40
Quote:

Grado Hp2 = also have not seen anyone of them here and it seems the "i" version is special
frown.gif

Naah, Nik is simply bragging about taking Joe Grado's last set of HP1000 drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back