1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Dynamic driver IEM's with bright treble?

1. bassophile
    Is there anything out there that fits this description apart from the Hifiman RE0/RE-Zero/RE-400/whatever it's called nowadays...

Looking for something slightly more high-end than that - though I know it performs very well for its price range.

I don't like the sound of BA drivers much, but most dynamic driver IEM's sound a little bassy and dull in the treble - is there any dynamic driver IEM with essentially the opposite signature - bright, cold and bass-light? That's what I'm after.

Thanks in advance!!

2. bhima
  3. kova4a
    Well, to be honest I don't think you'll find that. For me both the re-262 and re-272's highs roll off way too quickly and aside from the RE0 you won't get any special treble presentation from a single dynamic driver. Btw, what is your issue with BA - you want treble, you don't mind a bright, cold and even bass-light sound, so what's the problem. An ety er4s will give you high end and the best treble there is.

4. bhima
    Quote:
    Interesting that you feel that about the 272... I agree with the 262 though. OP, if you really want good treble and decent bass you are going to want to keep your options open to BA systems like the R-50 and the TDK BA200. I haven't heard the TDK, but the R-50 is leagues better than the RE0 or RE-ZERO in treble, midrange and bass. I think the TDK is a bit warmer than the R-50 which sounds pretty neutral to my ears without sounding too thin like the RE-ZEROs did for me.

5. tinyman392
    HiFiMan models have been talked about, so I won't repeat...  Actually, I will: HiFiMan models.  Outside that, the Etymotic EtyKids use a small dynamic driver that is treble-heavy.  

6. djvkool
    TDK IE800