Dynahi Moving Sale. Local pickup cheap!
Mar 23, 2006 at 2:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Jon L

For him, f/1.2 is a prime number
dynahiblue5bw.jpg

dynahiinside24sz.jpg

dynahiinside33rf.jpg

Sold! Sold! Sold!

I'm moving in 2 weeks, so I'm letting go of my beloved Chillysalsa Dynahi, which sounds beautiful and immendsely powerful. I have compared mine to other Dynahi's (such as Veda Audio) and even Dynamights, and for driving non-balanced headphones, they all sound very, very similar. I would NOT be able to pass a blind test.

Asking SOLD but will take SOLD for local pickup in SoCal, Fullerton 92833. I would prefer local pickup as these things are very heavy. This one features:

Heavy-duty outboard power supply with dual transformers.

One input for direct path.

Preamp outputs!

TKD carbon comp pot, which some say sounds more musical than stepped attenuator.

Two headphone outputs, one optimized for low-impedance cans like Grado and one optimized for high-impedance cans like my AKG K1000 and K340, which BTW are man-handled by this Dynahi.

Mar 23, 2006 at 2:52 AM Post #2 of 8

Firam

500+ Head-Fier
The picture is pretty but could you tell us about it? Condition, how long you had it, ect. I would even settle for where you lived to pick it up locally.

Mar 23, 2006 at 2:58 AM Post #3 of 8

saturnine

Headphoneus Supremus
mine0cr.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 2:17 PM Post #4 of 8

saab

500+ Head-Fier
Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnine
Where are you located?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L
for local pickup in SoCal, Fullerton 92833.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnine
Also, does it have a stepped attenuator?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L
TKD carbon comp pot, which some say sounds more musical than stepped attenuator.

Read carefully.
icon10.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 3:57 PM Post #5 of 8

Disiskurt

500+ Head-Fier
Quote:

Originally Posted by saab
Read carefully.
icon10.gif

I don't like to discuss in FS threads, but the seller editted the original post (rather than creating a new one) to address those questions after they were asked.

Mar 23, 2006 at 5:08 PM Post #6 of 8

Jon L

For him, f/1.2 is a prime number
Quote:

Originally Posted by Disiskurt
I don't like to discuss in FS threads, but the seller editted the original post (rather than creating a new one) to address those questions after they were asked.

Yeah, something was going slow, and my first post didn't show up for a long time, so I made a second post, so please ignore the empty FS post below this.

Let me add a bit more info.

The condition of the unit is excellent. There are some inevitable faint marks and such where the feet rested on the second unit's top, but nothing visible from any reasonable distance. On top of amp unit, there's a slight smudge that can only be seen with your eye in certain angle and light shining from a certain angle, which is too light to show up on photos. The unit looks brand spanking new from the front or a few feet away.

I've tried this unit with various headphones, all with excellent success:

Senn HD6xx series--I don't know why not more people use this combo as Dynahi brings out neutrality, grip, and authority these cans need.

Grado RS1/HP1000/PS1--These sound heavenly. There's some serious synergy here even though Dynahi is supposed to be the amp for high impedance cans. No peaky highs but with all the detail. You want Bass out of PS1? I've never heard better.

AKG K1000, K340, K701--Of course, these extremely difficult-to-drive AKG's (not K701) are made for Dynahi. Nothing else will drive them like the Dynahi. If you own one of these, you NEED the Dynahi (or Dynamight). Even the less demanding K701 will come alive with serious power like this.

In fact, if my Dynahi is sold, I will have no amp to drive my modded AKG K340, and that will need to be sold probably
frown.gif

Folks, I would NOT be selling my Dynahi if I wasn't moving. The asking price is just a bit more than what I paid for my Xin SuperMacro!! (which cannot drive any of the AKG's mentioned)

Users who are viewing this thread