DYI battery pack for D-25s
Jun 15, 2002 at 2:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Pepsione1

1000+ Head-Fier
I was wondering if it would be possible (or has anyone done it yet?) to make some kind of rechargeable battery pack for the D-25s.

For example, by using NiMH 9v or 4-6 1.5v AA's. I don't walk around with my D-25s but I do bring it to different places once in a while where wall outlet isn't always available. I have about eight extra AA rechargeables lying around the house I thought I could make use of them.

Jun 15, 2002 at 7:16 AM Post #2 of 11
HeadRoom actually sells battery cases (using 4D cells) for "almost any portable CD player" -- look at the 3400 battery holder or the battery holder for the Cosmic/Supreme.

Jun 15, 2002 at 11:58 PM Post #3 of 11
Wonder if they fit the adapter plus slot of the D25...

Jun 16, 2002 at 1:11 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by jaskin
Wonder if they fit the adapter plus slot of the D25...

I bought one from them for my 3400 back in 94 or so. Basically, when they say "for almost any player" they mean "for any player for which we can find the right plug." They splice the correct plug onto the player so that it fits into the AC jack.

Jun 17, 2002 at 1:10 PM Post #6 of 11
It's easy I made one myselft from radioshack part. Cost about 3-4$ canadian not including the batteries.
Check some picture since then I replace the cord for something much stronger.

batt2.jpg

batt1.jpg

Jun 17, 2002 at 5:12 PM Post #7 of 11
Any can you give some details on the parts you used? Battery holder, adapter size, voltage & how its wired.

-----------------------
edit: that's not a D-25s in the picture is it?

Jun 17, 2002 at 5:25 PM Post #8 of 11
No, it's a Denon DCP-100 but the principle remain the same. Same thing with the optimum 3400 batteries they talk about except they use 4-D batteries instead

What I use is a 8-AA batteries pack. Because my denon has a 9V wallwart so 8*1.2V =9.6V I figured that would work fine.

Then the radioshack batteries holder only have 9V like connector So I used a wire used to plug in 9V batteries. Solder that to a normal electric wire, tape everything solidly so it doesn't move if I accidently pull on the wire.

Then Radioshack sell also replacement plug for their wallwart of different size (the white plug) I bought the right size(take the wallwart to radioshack and compare it with the different plug) and solder it to the wire.

That's all then plug it in the DC jack from my cd players. Quick fix take about 5min to do.

The problem with my initial design in the picture is that the wire connecting the batteries to the cd player was too short and fragile. So earch time I was removing my cdplayer from my bag I was plulling on the wire after a while it just became lose even If I was carefull. So I put a 3 feet wire now. And put tape around my batteries pack a few time without preventing the access to the batteries. So now the player has the range to move and even If I pull on the wire. It's only the tape that move a bit.

Jun 18, 2002 at 5:56 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by Pepsione1
How long does it last?

The true is I don't realy know because I don't lisent to cd for contious hours and as soon as the batteries drain I change it so I don't realy notice it. I would guess maybe around 5 hours defenitivly less than 10hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back