DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
May 2, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #12,181 of 14,084
hai all, i need help, i thing i kinda mess up my dx90.

it is dead, but i can connect it to my windows 7 32 bit laptop,

when i plug it and press power and volume +, there rockusb installed, when i use rockchip batch tool 1.8, and i choose update.image (2.2.0L0), the firmware is okay.

but when i choose restore or upgrade : check chip fail!!!

please help me..

May 2, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #12,182 of 14,084
I met with this problem recently.
Just use a previous version of firmware (not Lurker's).
Click Restore and not Upgrade.

See:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/697035/dx90-2x-sabre-1st-page-downloads-info-inst-lurker0-fw-mod-link-1st-page-new-fw-2-2-0/12105#post_11546525

Also try taking battery out and back in.

May 2, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #12,183 of 14,084
  I met with this problem recently.
Just use a previous version of firmware (not Lurker's).
Click Restore and not Upgrade.

See:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/697035/dx90-2x-sabre-1st-page-downloads-info-inst-lurker0-fw-mod-link-1st-page-new-fw-2-2-0/12105#post_11546525

Also try taking battery out and back in.

Damn man! you just save my life! thanks a lot man!

May 3, 2015 at 8:55 AM Post #12,184 of 14,084
  my mind says , people should improve their music tastes not their gears

i see people with 2000$ iems and 2000$ daps listening to ****ty 'plastic' music and i feel like they are taking a ferrari to a dirtfield

cheers
biggrin.gif

Haha that was a very honest and true statement, thank you for sharing. I get frustrated at times trying to open family member's or friends minds to different music and I feel like it doesn't work out for me, o well at least my girl is willing to listen to different music and give it  a try.

May 3, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #12,185 of 14,084

I am with ya 100% on this - having had a number of different headphones of late [at the same time as having & using the DX90] and how different FW's effected them in different ways!
I thought the new 2.0 fw was great until I tried it with my new Fidue A83 triple driver IEm's - the sound was very flat & neutral with no bass - I thought i was having an 'off hearing' day . . . it happens :) but i went back to 2.8 and the sound now has almost too much bass!!
It amazes me how much difference can be heard with different headphones / various FW's ! 

Yeah ! Jon, It seems we have the same auditory sensitivity! I do not understand those who do not notice the differences in tone between the different firmwares nor those who say blindly that this firmware is better than another for cosmetic reasons ... Maby I'm lucky, but by using only lossless and perfectly tagged files, I have never had a single problem with any firmware. Only the signature sound is important to me. I think invest on Earsonics Velvet' in-ear monitors, and with this combo the 2.20 fw will be probably more appropriate than 2.18 (which is currently perfect with my Shure SRH-940). As with your Fidue A83, the 2.20 was too ringingly tiring with my neutral SRH...

hi *waves* :) 
Ive been realising of late its not always that easy to concentrate fully on the sound anyway never mind appreciate the more subtle nuances! In this day and age with an ever more increasing reliability on technology and a general increase in busyness its not always easy to concentrate & to mix fully with the sound :)  
It takes me a good 10-20 minutes to be able to sink down into the music to the point where Im relaxed into it, where I can easily spend time with each instrument and enjoy the music as a whole.
I work a lot in studios, mostly doing voice work. One of the interesting things Ive found is that from time to time I find all my mind concentrated into my ear area. A fully concentrated mind on hearing is a wonderful thing and really, not very easy to maintain ! Annoyingly, the best time for listening for me, when I seem to get the best 'audiophile' sound experience tends to be 3 -5 am ):
Its funny , sometimes I can listen to some music and get nothing from it. I can listen later and be blown away from the same piece of music :)
Im rambling on here . . . 

May 4, 2015 at 2:14 AM Post #12,186 of 14,084
Hey guys, I bought a used DX90 here on Head-Fi, I don't receive it yet. Somebody can point me to the right direction about the cable I need to use the DX90 as a transport to feed my mini M8 via coaxial. A short cable is prefered and a link to the site would be great!, thanks.

May 4, 2015 at 7:57 AM Post #12,187 of 14,084
Hey guys, I bought a used DX90 here on Head-Fi, I don't receive it yet. Somebody can point me to the right direction about the cable I need to use the DX90 as a transport to feed my mini M8 via coaxial. A short cable is prefered and a link to the site would be great!, thanks.

My DX90 came with a short Coax. Using it for Hugo duties.

May 4, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #12,190 of 14,084
Thanks for the reply, but I think the cable that comes with DX90 is 3.5 to RCA, in my case I need both ends to be 3.5mm. To connect to my Centrance Mini M8.

Correct.

May 4, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #12,191 of 14,084

My DX90 came with a short Coax. Using it for Hugo duties.

Thanks for the reply, but I think the cable that comes with DX90 is 3.5 to RCA, in my case I need both ends to be 3.5mm. To connect to my Centrance Mini M8.

I found this just searching for 3.5mm to 3.5mm 75 ohm on Google, never heard of Pacific Custom Cable though so I'm not sure how well made their cables are. Moon Audio can also make one, though they're significantly more expensive.

May 4, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #12,193 of 14,084

3,5mm both sides are pretty common...

So, any stereo mini to mini audio cable woul work?

For coaxial SPDIF connections, the cable needs to have an impedance of 75 ohms, so I don't think most analog mini to mini cables would work. In addition to the two cables I linked above, you could also get a female RCA to male 3.5mm adapter like this one and use it with the cable that came with the DX90.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back