DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 7, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #11,791 of 14,084
I m thinking to convert all my wav n cue album to flac just for 2.1.8... Is dbpoweramp the best out there?

I've had dBPoweramp since I started ripping.  I am a big fan.  Rips to FLAC and WAV and any format you want to download the codec for.  I've never used cue sheets so cannot comment about that .  However, every rip I do, I do in FLAC.  Then I immediately highlight them in windows file explorer window.  Right click.  And dBPoweramp has an add-on function where you can convert right from the file explorer window.  Extremely fast.  Converts like 76x speed.  So I convert the FLAC immediately to 320CBR MP3 for use with my ipods.  That conversion for a 10 to 15 track CD usually takes less than a minute from FLAC to 320.  And that is with an i5 processer running 4 CPU cores at one time.  When I had an i7 with 8CPUs, it would run 8 at a time.  (but that computer crashed. NOT dBPoweramp's fault.  ;^)  )

So for the cue sheets, I'm sure they can do it, but I never have.

dBPoweramp also has saved settings so that you can rip WAV to one location with one set of parameters, but if you change to FLAC, or MP3, etc, you can save different paths, and settings, and DSP options.  (For Digital Signal Processing, the only thing I use is calculating replaygain and writing it in the metadata.)

With gapless, I haven't had any issues ripping CDs to FLAC and having the FLAC play gapless.  Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd is my goto to check for gapless.  Listened to it yesterday on my DX50 with Doc's Favorite Final FW.  (I know this is the DX90 forum, but I'm commenting on the dBPoweramp, not the DX90, since I don't have it.)

So my experience is that dbPoweramp is the best for me.  I have used EAC, but that isn't my favorite.  YMMV, etc.

Apr 7, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #11,793 of 14,084
I think I better stick to the OFW as the only things I am missing are gapless playback with MP3 and FLAC files and the total number of songs in a folder being displayed on the playback screen.

BTW: I've got the feeling that my battery drains faster with the 128 GB Micro SD than with my old 64 GB.

Apr 7, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #11,794 of 14,084
  yes - i even tried in the recovery menue to update the firmware 2.18 from SD Card, but the update.img file, which i copied via cardreader directly to the card,  could not be found on the SD Card by the ibasso updater ... thx for your response :wink:!.

This could be a driver problem on Windows' side.  I had that happen a few times on my Android devices after Windows updated. Go to your Windows Device Manager and plug in your DX90.  Do you see an "ACER ADB Interface" device come on?  If you do, uninstall that driver, then press the Windows key on your keyboard + X.  Click on Shut Down (not restart).  Turn on your PC again and replug your DX90.  The right drivers should be installed.  

I hope it helps.

Apr 7, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #11,796 of 14,084
Apr 8, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #11,798 of 14,084
Is there a good SACD iso ripping software for our Dx90s

Apr 8, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #11,799 of 14,084
Is there a good SACD iso ripping software for our Dx90s

Only thing I know of is an old PlayStation with some special software

Apr 8, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #11,800 of 14,084
Not so good news from Paul.. Ibasso has already patched the bugs for 2.1.8 but the sound is no where to their mark thus they still have not release it.

interesting... I thought iBasso claimed that they never changed the sound of the Player through the firmware intentionally. Which means all the perceived changes in sq are due to other things. So if they are not satisfied with the sq for the time being, how do they intend to change it, by optimizing other processes running?

Apr 8, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #11,801 of 14,084

interesting... I thought iBasso claimed that they never changed the sound of the Player through the firmware intentionally. Which means all the perceived changes in sq are due to other things. So if they are not satisfied with the sq for the time being, how do they intend to change it, by optimizing other processes running?

We do not try to change the sound. Software implementation does change the sound because of the affect on the CPU and other chips. What we do is try and understand why and correct what is changing the sound.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 8, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #11,803 of 14,084

Thank you, mate. 

I have copied theunzipped .rockbox folder but when I reboot it doesn't boot with RockBox. What have I done wrong?

Download and unzip firmware patched with boot loader.

Where do I find the boot loader and how do I patch the OFW?

Does your RB build really have the same volume step size in dB as the OFW?

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #11,804 of 14,084
hi guys , i have a question

at the lurker FW read me text it says

Instruction For Firmware update:
1, extract the zip file, and copy the update.img into the DX90;
2, once copied, safely disconnect the DX90 from the computer;
3, select Settings--->Advanced--->System update (the system update option appears only after the update.img is inside the DX90);
4, click ΅°OK΅± to start the firmware update;
5, the DX90 will reboot after firmware update completed.
6, select Settings--->Advanced--->Factory Reset to reset the DX90.  This is to avoid conflicts with residual settings from the previous firmware
7, delete the update.img.

is step 7 necessary ? i usually just leave the FW img in the dx90 folder-  is it bad ?

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #11,805 of 14,084
hi guys , i have a question

at the lurker FW read me text it says

Instruction For Firmware update:

1, extract the zip file, and copy the update.img into the DX90;

2, once copied, safely disconnect the DX90 from the computer;

3, select Settings--->Advanced--->System update (the system update option appears only after the update.img is inside the DX90);

4, click ΅°OK΅± to start the firmware update;

5, the DX90 will reboot after firmware update completed.

6, select Settings--->Advanced--->Factory Reset to reset the DX90.  This is to avoid conflicts with residual settings from the previous firmware
7, delete the update.img.

is step 7 necessary ? i usually just leave the FW img in the dx90 folder-  is it bad ?

No biggie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back