DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Mar 15, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #11,371 of 14,084
  We are working on an update to the FW. We are going to hand out nerf balls so they can be thrown at the SW team if they don't get this right.
smile.gif

What about the bug where, if you don't have scanned the whole sd card and enter a FLAC folder for the first time, so it's scanned.
And then the Tracks are played in the wrong order. Only if you skip forward/backward/pause and play again, the tracks will be played in the correct order according to the tracknumber tag/filename.

Very annoying if you listen to a lot of new music, like me.:wink:

Mar 15, 2015 at 4:49 AM Post #11,372 of 14,084

Also to note that the mod doesn't affect the battery life of the DX90, and very slightly reduces the volume of the headphone out. Volume matching the 2 units to the same numerical volume left the DX90MM at an audibly lower volume. Had to up the volume by 4-5 to get it approximately matched.

After sanmigel's mod an output volume changes just to 1dB down.

Very pleasant to read another one opinion about Michail's work!

And in addition... with MM (the mod by sanmigel) I really fear for my ears because the "comfortable volume level" is more more up with mod.

The "highly reccomended" isn't mine phrase but - just a listen it before and after.

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #11,377 of 14,084
Hi,
I have a question.

When Ibasso go out an improved version of the drivers USB-DAC?
Because time delays are a bit annoying, making it impossible to watch movies.

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #11,378 of 14,084
Hi,
I have a question.

When Ibasso go out an improved version of the drivers USB-DAC?
Because time delays are a bit annoying, making it impossible to watch movies.

My guess is that there is never going to be a dac driver with good movie timing

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #11,380 of 14,084
I'd be happy if iBasso SW team could add at least DFF file support in their new FW (DX90 + SACD.ISO is a dream that will never come true). The X3-II (much cheaper than the DX90; DSF, DFF and SACD.ISO support announced) will be available very soon... Some tough rivalry is what the DAP market definitely lacking...

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #11,381 of 14,084
  I'd be happy if iBasso SW team could add at least DFF file support in their new FW (DX90 + SACD.ISO is a dream that will never come true). The X3-II (much cheaper than the DX90; DSF, DFF and SACD.ISO support announced) will be available very soon... Some tough rivalry is what the DAP market definitely lacking...

I've the hapiness now - with the _current_ device (and L2 as I sayed) at all. The market is just the market.

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #11,382 of 14,084
  The market is just the market.

It's not saturated yet. Prices are still unreasonably high. A price gap between models like Lotoo Bear Paw and Cayin N6 is hard to explain (Milchmädchenrechnung? Simon said? No idea), considering that audio chips and components are not that expensive.

Enhanced functionality is what I'm ready to pay for, be it a DAP, a BD-player or a tablet. I'm lazy and don't waste time on converting audio files into other formats. LP, Cayin, Lotoo, FiiO models already support what I'm missing in my DX90. But hope is still there... 

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #11,383 of 14,084

It's not saturated yet. Prices are still unreasonably high. A price gap between models like Lotoo Bear Paw and Cayin N6 is hard to explain (Milchmädchenrechnung? Simon said? No idea), considering that audio chips and components are not that expensive.

Enhanced functionality is what I'm ready to pay for, be it a DAP, a BD-player or a tablet. I'm lazy and don't waste time on converting audio files into other formats. LP, Cayin, Lotoo, FiiO models already support what I'm missing in my DX90. But hope is still there... 

The "prices" still are in our minds :)
But as I saw (heared etc.) :)) I'd payed for THE mine and the DX90 is about a second of its price. But - it's our pleasure and in _this_ time of.

In addition - mine DX90 costs about twice vs stock version.

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #11,384 of 14,084
  it's our pleasure and in _this_ time

True. Captain Obvious is here again: The longer is SW support (FW stability and responsiveness, interface, battery life, new functions, etc) of a current product, the longer is its "useful life", the higher is customer loyalty. Nobody would by a car without available parts and service. The same is valid for gadgets and their HW and SW support.

Mar 15, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #11,385 of 14,084
Vizir, and another thanks to the Cap :)))

But yours opinions is just yours, noth pers!
Thinking (and listening) - by mine mind indeed.

Tnanks again! 

Still loving the sound from iBasso (and with the MM mod course :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back