DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
May 20, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #5,431 of 14,084
Hello all,
Man am I the only one having major problems getting this batch tool to load the old firmware ? I have a 64bit windows 8 laptop . I have followed the instructions that says to hold down the volume + and then plug the USB cable into the PC.
It shows a unnamed device and and no driver? When I do this after the failed attempt my player doesn't turn on? I have to remove the battery, and then put it back in and the player turns on. Am I going to have this problem when a new version of the next firmware is released or is it just trying to go back to the original firmware?

After you connect DX90 to pc while holding volume up button, if your prompted to find drivers, direct it to the RockUSB folder in the rkbatchtool file, if not prompted for drivers, You need to go into Device Manager on you PC, find the icon labeled with a question mark, open it up, go to Driver tab, hit update driver, direct to the folder labeled RockUSB from the rkbatchtool file you got and press update. Then you can open the rkbatchtool app, click the bottom left button and select the second option to change language to english, input the directory for the firmware you want to load at the top, then click upgrade at the bottom to start the flash.

May 20, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #5,432 of 14,084
After you connect DX90 to pc while holding volume up button, if your prompted to find drivers, direct it to the RockUSB folder in the rkbatchtool file, if not prompted for drivers, You need to go into Device Manager on you PC, find the icon labeled with a question mark, open it up, go to Driver tab, hit update driver, direct to the folder labeled RockUSB from the rkbatchtool file you got and press update. Then you can open the rkbatchtool app, click the bottom left button and select the second option to change language to english, input the directory for the firmware you want to load at the top, then click upgrade at the bottom to start the flash.

Thanks for the directions. I will try this.

May 20, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #5,434 of 14,084
Hello,
I followed the directions and I get an error messages saying found the driver software, the hash for tis file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering?

ok, thats just because the driver isnt digitally signed for win 8, to get around that you need to go to PC Settings > Update and recovery > Recovery > Advanced startup (press restart) > Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings > Restart > press key number 7 on your keyboard when on the screen with numbered list. When you have logged back into windows after this, the original directions again and it will work this time.

May 20, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #5,437 of 14,084
It's for everything that will play. The DAC only sees a stream and doesn't care how it was previously uncompressed.

He was talking about the fast and slow roll off filters, if you look at the documentation it's only good for the PCM inputs not DSD (the native implementation not the DSD to PCM which I am sure you know would also work).

Hi guys. Does the gain level affect the battery life? (high gain=longer playtime and low gain = shorter playtime)

I have been asking myself that very same question, what I can take out of this is it depends on the phones and if it's too powerful as you increase the gain, you'll invariably decrease the volume so you might be getting the same power requirement however it will allow you to keep your volume knob lower for hard to drive cans. So to conclude it will depend on the cans power requirement for the sound level you are listening to. You may want to experiment and see how long it will last in those different scenarios. :)

May 20, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #5,438 of 14,084
Hi guys. Does the gain level affect the battery life? (high gain=longer playtime and low gain = shorter playtime)

It doesn't matter if you use the same phone. selecting a higher gain can only make the volume louder on the same volume level but the phone will still consume the same amount of power.

May 20, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #5,439 of 14,084
So folks..

Who are we nominating to do the work on porting rockbox to our dx90..
tongue_smile.gif

May 20, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #5,443 of 14,084
  I feel the slow roll off filter to make the sound every so slightly hazy and blurred. I now prefer the sharp roll off filter. While I feel the older firmware still sounded uniquely great and the slow roll off is more emotional sometimes, I also feel the new sharp roll off filter is the closest to the recording or reference and it has become my favorite of the three 
biggrin.gif

Btw, Ive gone back and forth between firmwares 3 times now, lol.

Sorry I am new to the firmware things. I donot know how to go back to the original firmware after upgraded to new firmware.

Can you teach me how to do it ?

Thanks much.

May 20, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #5,444 of 14,084
Hey guys, I have a OTG question. I just received an OTG cable plugging an external drive to the DX90. Under Directory, I select USB OTG and I have a blank screen with no music selections. The drive is formatted as NTFS. What do I need to do see my files (please don't say reformat to something other than NTFS)...

May 20, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #5,445 of 14,084
  Hey guys, I have a OTG question. I just received an OTG cable plugging an external drive to the DX90. Under Directory, I select USB OTG and I have a blank screen with no music selections. The drive is formatted as NTFS. What do I need to do see my files (please don't say reformat to something other than NTFS)...

maybe the hard drive is too big to be powered by the dx90..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back