DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
May 20, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #5,416 of 14,084
Sorry, I have to re read the linked page posted by M-13 ...

No problems the link he gave does not specifically talk about the dac itself, it's more practical ideas about dacs and their issues, I would check @goodvibes link instead which is specifically for the ESS 9018 dac line, it's more revealing about what iBasso has enabled. Like M-13 said, he's learning :wink:

May 20, 2014 at 7:38 AM Post #5,417 of 14,084
  @soundblast As I have understand this filters are implemented in the DAC for 44.1 kHz/16 bit material music files ...

Nop it' for anything that plays PCM which can go much higher and it's done in the digital domain. Lots of reads about it's features, just google the dac and you shall find.

It's for everything that will play. The DAC only sees a stream and doesn't care how it was previously uncompressed.

May 20, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #5,418 of 14,084
If it says firmware 2.05 under Settings>Advanced>System info and you have done a factory reset, then the Filters will be working fine. The rest is up to your ears, the quality of the music file and how revealing you earphones are. Its only a subtle difference, and not so revealing iems, or low bitrate files would make it difficult to hear

That'll be that then.using shure 846,no difference whatsoever:)
Will try with the big boys

May 20, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #5,420 of 14,084
No problems the link he gave does not specifically talk about the dac itself, it's more practical ideas about dacs and their issues, I would check @goodvibes link instead which is specifically for the ESS 9018 dac line, it's more revealing about what iBasso has enabled. Like M-13 said, he's learning
wink.gif

I'm learning too 
redface.gif

It's for everything that will play. The DAC only sees a stream and doesn't care how it was previously uncompressed.

Yes, I would have rather say targeted for CD sampling rates. 

May 20, 2014 at 7:55 AM Post #5,421 of 14,084
  guys, i tried several albums after the upgrade , but i really don't think there's any difference with the filters on my unit, does anyone hear an obvious one, how do i know the upgrade worked (oh, and thats after the factory reset btw)
Thx

That'll be that then.using shure 846,no difference whatsoever:)
Will try with the big boys

Maybe you could try to hear a difference whilst playing this?:

wink_face.gif

May 20, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #5,422 of 14,084
Maybe you could try to hear a difference whilst playing this?:

:wink_face:  

Nice one,ill give it a listen:blush:

May 20, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #5,423 of 14,084
Maybe it's a good thing if you can't hear a difference, if you already liked the sound of the previous firmware, anyway.  Just enjoy the snappier UI response.

Happy days...

May 20, 2014 at 8:21 AM Post #5,426 of 14,084
You really should be able to hear a difference between filters with the 846 and some FLAC files. Its no biggie anyway, the most natural one is slow roll, just set and forget :tongue_smile:

With flac I can clearly hear the difference if I switch between them while music is playing and prefer slow role. However if I was just given the player and started playing I'm pretty sure I couldn't say which one was selected

May 20, 2014 at 8:43 AM Post #5,428 of 14,084
Thanks for letting me know which phones to rule out.:wink_face:

Oh i would not rule the 846 out at all,in fact they are the best I've heard so far and the most enjoyable

May 20, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #5,429 of 14,084
Maybe it's a good thing if you can't hear a difference, if you already liked the sound of the previous firmware, anyway.  Just enjoy the snappier UI response.

Happy days...

What i did hear was a diference after the update before the f reset,i thought it was def a sweeter sound coming out,after the reset i wasn't sure i was hearing the same, but if there was any harshnes in the treble,now its def better:)

May 20, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #5,430 of 14,084
Hello all,
Man am I the only one having major problems getting this batch tool to load the old firmware ? I have a 64bit windows 8 laptop . I have followed the instructions that says to hold down the volume + and then plug the USB cable into the PC.
It shows a unnamed device and and no driver? When I do this after the failed attempt my player doesn't turn on? I have to remove the battery, and then put it back in and the player turns on. Am I going to have this problem when a new version of the next firmware is released or is it just trying to go back to the original firmware?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back