DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod link 1st page !!. .NEW FW! 2.3.0 . . . . .
Apr 16, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #3,421 of 14,084
The majority of X5's out on the market, at least the early ones that you could only get on Ebay at first are Replicas. When I was considering buying one on Ebay I asked 3 different sellers and all their replies were the same. "They are Replicas". Am I saying they are all replicas now, NO but buyer beware, I would only buy from a reputable seller.

I have an X5 purchased from an authorized Fiio dealer....An original with chops......really enjoy it.

Apr 16, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #3,422 of 14,084
I have so far had no problems what so ever with mine, everything wors fine and as expected except from usb dac functionality which I dont need anyway. My SR71-B is not going to see much use from now on, mostly on longer trips in car with many nights in one place where I might bring my HE-500. With JH13, Tzar350 and Signature Pro the build in amp is plenty good enough and at least as good if not better than SR71-B single ended. Balanced SR71-B is better but not by much except for HE-500.

what's the problem with the usb dac?

Apr 16, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #3,423 of 14,084
I was referring to the x5 being available in North America for more than 2 weeks. IBasso didn't rush the dx90 to be first on the market.

We are splitting hairs here. Whether the X5 has been available for North America sales for more than 2 weeks now or not Ibasso should not have rushed the DX90 out until it was ready. Just like Microsoft and their new OS's every other year. Get it out and fix the bugs later at the cost of the end users wasted time and grief. And every site that I checked that had the X5 at the proper marketed price just got their X5's about a week ago. 

Apr 16, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #3,426 of 14,084
The DX90 hasn't been rushed and for me, the UI works fine with no problems. Plays formats up to 24/192 and will have a driver for the dac, per an email from iBasso.

I have compared it to my daps and find it to be one of the best daps I have. The Hugo is a great system but even against that, it has a speacial sound.

Apr 16, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #3,428 of 14,084
DX90 arrived today. From several hours of preliminary listening the DX90 has more detail, separation and a broader sound stage than the DX50. The sound stage appears closer to the listener than the DX100 as well. Power consumption appears quite a bit higher than the DX50. It is about on par with the DX100, approximately 6 hours of continuous play at 180 volume level. The unit runs hotter than the DX50 as well but not as hot as the DX100. It appears extremely sensitive to static build up with faint crackles and volume fades to zero in the left, right and both iem earpieces if kept in a fleece lined jacket pocket. Switching locations solved the problem. It works well with Shure 535 and 846 iems with Double Helix silver linz cables. Bass, sound stage and separation are better with the 846s.

Apr 16, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #3,429 of 14,084
  I hope you are right. 
Either way the last audiophile DAP I purchased was the Cowon J3 (which was decent in its day)  so I amazed by the improvements made. Also both Fiio and Ibasso managed to hit a nice price point vs quality. 

Well, don't expect insane improvements over the X5, but you will be pleasantly surprised by what the DX90 brings to the table. It's "better" for me, athough the X5 is good enough to coexist. I don't have to get rid of the X5 because it's unlistenable or anything.

You got me interested. A portable DAP versus a desktop DAC unit at a similar price range...Wow. 

I'm coming from a world of desktop DACs. The X3 was my first real DAP. I'm fairly certain the DX90 outperforms the Bifrost, unless the Sabre delta-sigma conversion is just not your thing. AKM4399 sounds very different (I'm told it sounds more like vinyl, which can be a good thing for some folks). The DX90 sounds like the Concero which I thought was noticeably superior to the Bifrost. I also think the X5 is better than the Modi and near the level of the Bifrost (non-uber).

Apr 16, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #3,431 of 14,084
  Um, Er, Uh, Ya like I was saying. Lol :) Just buyer beware, there are a lot of scammers out there and it really sucks to spend your hard earned money only to find out it was not on a genuine product.

Counterfeit a DAP? that's crazy.  
rolleyes.gif

Apr 16, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #3,432 of 14,084
  The DX90 hasn't been rushed and for me, the UI works fine with no problems.

+1

It feels fairly polished. Is it perfect? No, but seriously the UI is pretty mature with only minor annoyances if any. The only thing I've found so far is a slight 2 second lag when I want to pause my music. I can live with that until a firmware update.

Apr 16, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #3,433 of 14,084
I can't wait for Rockbox to be released on DX90 if they are, that would be near perfect.

Apr 16, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #3,435 of 14,084
  Need help guys.

Ordered. How long does it take for ibasso to send order acknowledgement or invoice. I have payed by paypal btw. I havent got any email from ibasso. It has been more than 24 hours.

This is normal. Standard MO.

I got nothing from Ibasso until I sent them an e-mail asking them to confirm my order. You can do that if you're worried, but I think your DX90 will probably just ship out and then they will send you the tracking, probably get it in a few days unless you live in Singapore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back