DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
May 13, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #331 of 3,609
Good lord when will the info drop...
triportsad.gif

May 13, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #332 of 3,609
A quick question.....

Why are owners of the DX100 interested in the DX50? It is obviously marketed below the DX100 sonically?!

I am hearing that it is still weeks to perhaps months away...........

May 13, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #333 of 3,609
Quote:
A quick question.....

Why are owners of the DX100 interested in the DX50? It is obviously marketed below the DX100 sonically?!

Probably the same reason someone like me, a CLAS owner, is eyeing it, because the form factor is by far better for mobile use.

May 14, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #334 of 3,609
A quick question.....

You just dampened my enthusiasm on it.

May 14, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #335 of 3,609
Quote:
You just dampened my enthusiasm on it.

Apologies................

It wasn't suppose to come across that way...I was just curious.

What DigitalFreak said is fair and correct.

I just never thought about it from that perspective, that is all, as usually I carry a messenger bag of some sort with my gear inside.

My bad!

May 14, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #336 of 3,609
Quote:

I just never thought about it from that perspective, that is all, as usually I carry a messenger bag of some sort with my gear inside.

My bad!

Form factor and I am anxious to hear it and read more about it. Players have really come along in the world and sport much better sound (I state the obvious)  that we could have gotten a couple of years ago for on the go or even home.

May 14, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #337 of 3,609
Quote:
Form factor and I am anxious to hear it and read more about it. Players have really come along in the world and sport much better sound (I state the obvious)  that we could have gotten a couple of years ago for on the go or even home.

I actually asked the original question because I was immediately asked the same question, I posed, by the manager of a retailer who sells a lot of DX100, when I enquired about the DX50 on Sunday. 

May 14, 2013 at 12:57 AM Post #338 of 3,609
Quote:

I actually asked the original question because I was immediately asked the same question, I posed, by the manager of a retailer who sells a lot of DX100, when I enquired about the DX50 on Sunday. 

Human nature. It all started with stone tools, sticks.

May 14, 2013 at 1:01 AM Post #339 of 3,609
Quote:

My bad!

Here here's how I see it. With me because of work demands I'm out of the house a good 80% of the day. Because of my work schedule my main rig for music is my mobile rig. I have a CLAS rig, an iPod Classic that I pair with my Leckerton UHA-6 (plus a few other amps) and a Studio V. The Classic unamped doesn't work for me. It sounds alright but it does not sound anywhere close to my other gear. My absolute best sounding go to rig would be my CLAS/ALO RX MKIII-B setup. It sounds absolutely great but it's not the greatest mobile solution. Yes I can cart it around easily enough in my backpack but after a couple of months of doing that you find yourself quite fed up lugging it around and having it take up valuable backpack space. Also factor in the RX MKIII has a lot of hiss with IEM's which can be quite irritating. My second best sounding reg would be my Studio V. It's small enough that it really doesn't become a bother to cart it around. The thing is only slightly bigger then a box of matches so it's tiny plus it sounds far better then any unamped iPod could ever sound and comes close to sounding as good as my CLAS setup. The problem with the V player is the OS. Put very bluntly it sucks and is quite buggy. There are workarounds for the bugs but it's not what I would call an optimal OS for a mobile player. The next rig I use is my Classic amped with my Leckerton MKII. This setup has a little of the best of both worlds. The Leckerton as an amp is a great sounding amp plus because I'm amping my Classic I have a player whose OS is fluid and smooth and very easy to navigate and create playlists for my music. The problem is it doesn't sound as good as my CLAS setup and I'm still stuck with a 2 piece solution instead of just one.

The problem as I see it is all these DAP companies still haven't got it in their head that a player, even a boutique hi-fi player, needs a good smooth stable OS in order to have a complete product. Apple figured that out as well as Google. The others. most of the players I've run across I've hated. They're just unintuitive and buggy and half the time they don't even sound that great. If iBasso puts all the right ingredients together this could be a very nice player.

May 14, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #340 of 3,609
Quote:
Human nature. It all started with stone tools, sticks.

Indeed but it wouldn't make much business sense for iBasso to have their cheaper DX50 out-perform or come so close in performance to their Reference Dap that is proudly printed on the back of the DX100.

I am definitely in the market to buy 1 or 2 DX50 as it looks rather nice but they will be for my daughters
size]

May 14, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #341 of 3,609
For me, size....size...size, and please DO NOT SAY TERA PLAYER....
cool.gif

May 14, 2013 at 2:15 AM Post #343 of 3,609
Quote:

Indeed but it wouldn't make much business sense for iBasso to have their cheaper DX50 out-perform or come so close in performance to their Reference Dap that is proudly printed on the back of the DX100.

I am definitely in the market to buy 1 or 2 DX50 as it looks rather nice but they will be for my daughters
size]

Personally, I'm hoping for the same DAC implementation as the DX100, but sans digital outputs and with an IEM-optimized amp section (with analog line out). Then they could have two reference daps, one of them capable of driving bigger cans as well as IEMs and one optimized for IEMs, needing an external amp for use with hard-to-drive full size cans.

May 14, 2013 at 2:20 AM Post #344 of 3,609
Quote:
Personally, I'm hoping for the same DAC implementation as the DX100, but sans digital outputs and with an IEM-optimized amp section (with analog line out). Then they could have two reference daps, one of them capable of driving bigger cans as well as IEMs and one optimized for IEMs, needing an external amp for use with hard-to-drive full size cans.

I wished that it would have a ES9018 DAC chip but I highly doubt it. It will probably be WM8740 DAC chip which is much cheaper. 

May 14, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #345 of 3,609
Quote:
I wished that it would have a ES9018 DAC chip but I highly doubt it. It will probably be WM8740 DAC chip which is much cheaper. 

Maybe your wrong!....
wink.gif
....I can confirm that many will like the specs on the DX50..(Maybe...?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back