DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
May 12, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #316 of 3,609
err.. it's for the other thread right?
smile.gif

May 12, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #317 of 3,609
Quote:
Do not worry, just fill the blanks and ibasso will do it for you:

The DX50 will have:
1- ............built in memory.
2- ............microsdcard slot.
3- ............dac chip.
4- ............amp chip.
5-.............min/max ohm.
6- ............OS
7- ............of battery, with flac/ape/wav.
8- ............Bit for Bit Decoding
9- ............Screen.
10- ..........Gain Switch.
11- ..........Case/cover.
12-............are Supported Audio Formats .
13-............ price.

triportsad.gif
 It's gonna have a price :frowning2:. So sad!

Does anyone know if the DX50 will be released/sold like the DX100 intro? (i.e. intro price, beta firmware testing, 2nd round batch at a higher price, and final price for the 3rd batch onwards)?

I sent a mail to iBasso and it seems any questions from Japan, I get an automatic redirect to talk to Hibino.

May 12, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #318 of 3,609
Quote:

triportsad.gif
 It's gonna have a price :frowning2:. So sad!

Does anyone know if the DX50 will be released/sold like the DX100 intro? (i.e. intro price, beta firmware testing, 2nd round batch at a higher price, and final price for the 3rd batch onwards)?

I sent a mail to iBasso and it seems any questions from Japan, I get an automatic redirect to talk to Hibino.

very_evil_smiley.gif
.........soon  all will be clear, soon.......

price:    $389.99.....maybe...

May 12, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #319 of 3,609
Quote:
very_evil_smiley.gif
.........soon  all will be clear, soon.......

price:    $389.99.....maybe...

If it delivers in the sonics dept that would be a sweet spot sort of price.

May 13, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #322 of 3,609
Not D day yet :frowning2:

May 13, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #323 of 3,609
Quote:
http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/11/iriver-ak120-mqs-player-fcc/

Audiophiles eager to get their mitts on iRiver's Astell & Kern-branded AK120 should take note: the portable Mastering Quality Sound player just passed through the FCC's labs. The [size=inherit]$1,300[/size] AK120 is the bigger, 2.4-inch sibling to the [size=inherit]$700[/size]AK100, promising to net deep-pocketed audio perfectionists improved stereo imaging and dynamic range; this is achieved by two Wolfson WM8740 DACs, each of which are dedicated to a single channel. The player features a physical volume knob and packs 64GB of onboard storage with support for up to 192GB through two microSD slots -- which is perfect for storing your pick of AV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE, AAC, ALAC and AIFF (and eventually DSD) files, as well. With this next MQS player from A&K sure to hit stores soon, we're left to wonder what's the updated word about Neil Young's streaming take on the action.

Really not sure why you're posting the above in this thread, turokrocks, but I'll spend my money with companies like iBasso and Fiio, who aren't greedily trying to squeeze me for every penny thay can get their hands on, thankyou very much:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/663188/the-astell-kern-ak120/210#post_9433501

Back on-topic, I'm as eager as other contributors to this thread, to see what gem iBasso is about to offer us DAP-a-holics, for a fair price :)

May 13, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #324 of 3,609
Quote:

Really not sure why you're posting the above in this thread, turokrocks, but I'll spend my money with companies like iBasso and Fiio, who aren't greedily trying to squeeze me for every penny thay can get their hands on, thankyou very much:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/663188/the-astell-kern-ak120/210#post_9433501

Back on-topic, I'm as eager as other contributors to this thread, to see what gem iBasso is about to offer us DAP-a-holics, for a fair price :)

Mython, I really hated the AK100, and when the AK120 was announced with this price, I was like...WHAAAAAT??!!!
Just wanted to show how some companies are becoming "G" if you catch my drift.

May 13, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #327 of 3,609
Quote:
So you tried the AK100? What didn't you like about it?

Lee, my main IEM is the JH16 , and it sounded too harsh with it, just did not feel there is a good synergy between them (complete opposite to the DX100 )
The Hisound Studio 3rd sounded way better, and I do not want to derail the thread...

May 13, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #328 of 3,609
Quote:
Lee, my main IEM is the JH16 , and it sounded too harsh and with it, just did not feel there is a good synergy between them.
The Hisound Studio 3rd sounded way better, and I do not want to derail the thread...

Hmm. I'm guessing the impedance may have killed the bass and boosted treble for to some extent. Although I have a similar opinion on the RWA unit. But bass wasn't lacking (a bit bloated for my tastes). Well lets see if the DX50 can pull its weight :).

May 13, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #329 of 3,609
Well we know from experience that iBasso can get amps right, daps right, know their dac chips and they know output impedance. I look forward to the DX50 as I think/believe, it will give the AK100 a run for the money or may be better and I am pretty sure it won't cost near as much (waiting and hoping anyway).

May 13, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #330 of 3,609
Quote:
Well we know from experience that iBasso can get amps right, daps right, know their dac chips and they know output impedance. I look forward to the DX50 as I think/believe, it will give the AK100 a run for the money or may be better and I am pretty sure it won't cost near as much (waiting and hoping anyway).

Jamato8 just said everything I was thinking so here's a picture of a bunny with a pancake on its head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back