DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
May 11, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #301 of 3,609
May 11, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #303 of 3,609
Quote:
Someone actually corrected that figure to 5 ohms...

Which means that the range of compatible headphones start at 40 ohms. That rules out basically all iems and ciems. Maybe Iriver got tired of dealing with customers and just really don't want the AK120 to sell?

May 11, 2013 at 4:27 AM Post #304 of 3,609
That was quick, who got to measure the AK120 this quick? If it is 5 ohm than they really should think of letting go the head of the development team and hire someone else. I mean if the DIY community know how to arguably fine tune a product better than their developers than those developers got  alot to learn. 

it is such a a shame that they got the concept right, the form factor right, the UI with bit more tweaking can be right and yet they cannot get the amp section correct. Why can't the companies just purchase the right of an already successful amp and just incorporate it in their DAP ? I mean it cann't be that hard to design a DAP around something like pico slim, right?

May 11, 2013 at 5:56 AM Post #305 of 3,609
Quote:
Which means that the range of compatible headphones start at 40 ohms. That rules out basically all iems and ciems. Maybe Iriver got tired of dealing with customers and just really don't want the AK120 to sell?

Maybe this will open up a whole new world of iems and ciems with high impedance like the Heir Tzar 350?
o2smile.gif

I bet the JHs, Westones, UEs of the world will have new audiophile markets to explore. Down with puny impedance!
We want JH16 320ohms and ES5 600ohms!
tongue.gif

May 11, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #306 of 3,609
Quote:

Maybe this will open up a whole new world of iems and ciems with high impedance like the Heir Tzar 350?
o2smile.gif

I bet the JHs, Westones, UEs of the world will have new audiophile markets to explore. Down with puny impedance!
We want JH16 320ohms and ES5 600ohms!
tongue.gif

What really cracks me up about the AK100 is that it doesn't have the power to drive high-impedance cans, leaving the Tzar 350 as basically the only proper match for it. I really like my Tzars, but I wouldn't want them as my only headphone.

May 11, 2013 at 6:18 AM Post #307 of 3,609
So true. Really wonder the yardsticks that iRiver reference to building the AK series.
It's almost there as the perfect portable player. Almost.

Which makes me wonder if iBasso strips out the amp section, coaxial, optical portions of the DX100 for the DX50, and price it .. oh, 55% to 60% of the DX100, many will likely jump on board faster than we can blink. And having a nice line out to that amp we've been ignoring in the desk, would make the DX50 sound all the more sweeter. :)

May 11, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #308 of 3,609
are we there yet 

May 12, 2013 at 2:12 AM Post #311 of 3,609
Quote:
I'm getting impatient, all this waiting really sucks

Do not worry, just fill the blanks and ibasso will do it for you:

The DX50 will have:
1- ............built in memory.
2- ............microsdcard slot.
3- ............dac chip.
4- ............amp chip.
5-.............min/max ohm.
6- ............OS
7- ............of battery, with flac/ape/wav.
8- ............Bit for Bit Decoding
9- ............Screen.
10- ..........Gain Switch.
11- ..........Case/cover.
12-............are Supported Audio Formats .
13-............ price.

May 12, 2013 at 2:50 AM Post #312 of 3,609
its said that the new dx50 will be slightly thicker than an ipod. But which ipod? :O if its only slightly thicker than an ipod touch that would be great lol but im guessing its slightly thicker than an ipod classic?

May 12, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #313 of 3,609
Meh, a Classic isn't exactly very thick to begin with. Considering I use a CLAS rig and a Classic strapped to a Leckerton amp the DX50 for me would be small

May 12, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #314 of 3,609
http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/11/iriver-ak120-mqs-player-fcc/

Audiophiles eager to get their mitts on iRiver's Astell & Kern-branded AK120 should take note: the portable Mastering Quality Sound player just passed through the FCC's labs. The [size=inherit]$1,300[/size] AK120 is the bigger, 2.4-inch sibling to the [size=inherit]$700[/size]AK100, promising to net deep-pocketed audio perfectionists improved stereo imaging and dynamic range; this is achieved by two Wolfson WM8740 DACs, each of which are dedicated to a single channel. The player features a physical volume knob and packs 64GB of onboard storage with support for up to 192GB through two microSD slots -- which is perfect for storing your pick of AV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE, AAC, ALAC and AIFF (and eventually DSD) files, as well. With this next MQS player from A&K sure to hit stores soon, we're left to wonder what's the updated word about Neil Young's streaming take on the action.

May 12, 2013 at 4:01 AM Post #315 of 3,609
http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/11/iriver-ak120-mqs-player-fcc/

Audiophiles eager to get their mitts on iRiver's Astell & Kern-branded AK120 should take note: the portable Mastering Quality Sound player just passed through the FCC's labs. The [size=inherit]$1,300[/size] AK120 is the bigger, 2.4-inch sibling to the [size=inherit]$700[/size]AK100, promising to net deep-pocketed audio perfectionists improved stereo imaging and dynamic range; this is achieved by two Wolfson WM8740 DACs, each of which are dedicated to a single channel. The player features a physical volume knob and packs 64GB of onboard storage with support for up to 192GB through two microSD slots -- which is perfect for storing your pick of AV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE, AAC, ALAC and AIFF (and eventually DSD) files, as well. With this next MQS player from A&K sure to hit stores soon, we're left to wonder what's the updated word about Neil Young's streaming take on the action.

dood. 

what r u doin

dood

stahp

popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back