DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
May 10, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #288 of 3,609
The DX50 will about the size of the iPod and a little thicker. Should be very manageable. With iBasso knowing what they do, and having a number of years of experience getting the sound right and knowing what the market once, and having the DX100 to compare to, the DX50 should not disappoint. More specifications should be known soon. 

May 10, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #290 of 3,609
Since we're putting up a wishlist, at the very least lots of external storage meaning it can handle 128 GB SD cards, good battery life meaning minimum 15 hours or better, a UI that works meaning intuitive and NO BUGS, oh yeah and sound that will knock my socks off.

I was gonna add it better make me breakfast in the morning but I'll just wait for version 2 to come out
biggrin.gif

May 10, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #291 of 3,609
And the new cards. What are they SDX, no, you know the new format ones that I reformat to fat 32. 

May 10, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #292 of 3,609
Quote:
And the new cards. What are they SDX, no, you know the new format ones that I reformat to fat 32. 

They should make it backwards compatible with both SDXC and SDHC so there would be no need to format the extra large cards. If they must use android make sure it is free of bugs on release. Get rid of all the extra crap that is not needed. Just have the main focus on the actual dedicated player. Nothing else is really needed.

May 10, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #293 of 3,609
Quote:
They should make it backwards compatible with both SDXC and SDHC so there would be no need to format the extra large cards. If they must use android make sure it is free of bugs on release. Get rid of all the extra crap that is not needed. Just have the main focus on the actual dedicated player. Nothing else is really needed.

They aren't using Android. 

May 10, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #296 of 3,609
Quote:
Someone actually corrected that figure to 5 ohms...

Am I the only one here who thinks iRiver have a cheek releasing a DAP so soon after the AK100, and at an outrageous $1200, after the shameful debacle with the AK100 and being heavy-handed with agents and modders who were merely trying to rectify a design ****-up that should never have made it to market, considering the serious expense of the AK100?

Anyone who is willing to give iRiver their money, so soon after the AK100 debacle, and at that price, and with (yet again!) an overly-high output impedance is... sigh.... I dunno...

May 10, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #297 of 3,609
Quote:

Am I the only one here who thinks iRiver have a cheek releasing a DAP so soon after the AK100, and at an outrageous $1200, after the shameful debacle with the AK100 and being heavy-handed with agents and modders who were merely trying to rectify a design ****-up that should never have made it to market, considering the serious expense of the AK100?

Anyone who is willing to give iRiver their money, so soon after the AK100 debacle, and at that price, and with (yet again!) an overly-high output impedance is... sigh.... I dunno...

What can I say? :). It seems consumers are getting more an more accustomed to such and are developing thicker hides. I know I am lol :).

May 10, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #298 of 3,609
Quote:

No, you're not the only one.

May 10, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #299 of 3,609
I think the problem comes down to poor management. Chances are the developers are asking for more time, little more budget and the finance department is telling them to 'just release the darn thing. '
I dont think we will ever get a chance to see any company to release their pricing schemes with complete transparency. As I said before iriver have got the size perfectly but their pricing is incredibly high.

I am just amazed to see how far the market has grown. We have universal IEM which come with impractical portabiliy that cost as much as HD800. I think at the end of the day we are to blame ourselves for it due to our incredible high tolerance towards such pricing. 

May 11, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #300 of 3,609

Maybe they are going to use it with high impedance full sized headphones or earphones? /shrug

Users who are viewing this thread

Back