DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
May 6, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #211 of 3,609
Quote:
I remember when 800mhz was an ultra fast computer. I also remember when 500mb was a huge internal hard drive. :^)

My friend had a 'portable' computer, years ago, and it had a 256kb hard drive - yes, you read that correctly: 256 Kb !! LOL

May 6, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #212 of 3,609
My friend had a 'portable' computer, years ago, and it had a 256kb hard drive - yes, you read that correctly: 256 Kb !! LOL

Oh dear, what'd he store on it?

One save file could probably overheat the damn thing and cause it to crash aha

May 6, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #213 of 3,609
The DX50 won't use Android. The information posted a couple of pages back, most likely isn't reliable. 

May 6, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #215 of 3,609
3 wishes please

1. Long battery life (at least 20 hours on a single charge)
2. Should drive basic audiophile iems (W4R, EX1000 etc)
3. No rquirement for amping and dacing to other souces

It should work as is!

May 6, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #217 of 3,609
For those only now arriving on this thread... STOP!  I just waded through 15 pages of comments and the only actual information was: Details of the product will be unveiled in the middle of May.

[One gigantic eye roll.]

May 6, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #219 of 3,609
Quote:
For those only now arriving on this thread... STOP!  I just waded through 15 pages of comments and the only actual information was: Details of the product will be unveiled in the middle of May.

[One gigantic eye roll.]

Well the title says it. The DX50 is coming from iBasso. Also on the first page it says that the OS will not be Android. There is also a basic size and there is an image of the DX50. When there is more info I will post it on the first page and will post in the title when an actual DX50 is heard and impressions with page number. It is morphing as time goes by. :^)

May 6, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #220 of 3,609
The DX I want is just a player with digital and line out, no headphone amp , just a
 pure portable source.

I don't care about onboard memory, battery life, gapless or sleeve art.
I want something that sounds just like a Linn CD12 in my pocket.

I am not holding my breath.

May 6, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #222 of 3,609
I just want it to sound good. I don't care about dig out. If they get the dac right, even a better one won't sound as good outboard due to added jitter, reclocking etc.

^ Exactly. For the same reason, I don't care about digital output either. A well-implemented line out is good enough for me.

Also a carefully designed circuit is as important as having an "audiophile" DAC chip (e.g., having an ESS Sabre chip does not automatically guarantee good sound quality).

May 6, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #223 of 3,609
Quote:
^ Exactly. For the same reason, I don't care about digital output either. A well-implemented line out is good enough for me.

Also a carefully designed circuit is as important as having an "audiophile" DAC chip (e.g., having an ESS Sabre chip does not automatically guarantee good sound quality).

For those who only rely on specs its does :wink:.

May 6, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #224 of 3,609
I think we should just sit back and mellow a bit. We'll know what this new DAP is about once iBasso finally drops the bomb. Personally, I really don't care what OS it uses as long as it's implemented properly. When the DX100 was first released I couldn't justify the price and decided not to bite. As first impressions began to flow in I breathed a sigh of relief that I didn't bite. Buggy OS's generally irritate me to no end and at the DX100 price point I find a buggy UI rather inexcusable. Of coarse what do I know, I still get nostalgic for my late 80's Sony Cassette Walkman.

May 6, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #225 of 3,609
If this is under $200, I;ll be thinking of it instead of X3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back