DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
May 6, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #197 of 3,609
Quote:
Now the DX100 works pretty well in terms of UI and the Ak100 is not much better. If dx50 has just slightly optimized UI it s enough for me.

I thought your top end DAP was Tera? 
smily_headphones1.gif

May 6, 2013 at 3:21 AM Post #198 of 3,609
Nothing to do with what I said :) the dx100 is great but not worth the bulk for me with only iems. Tera is awesome but pairs with difficulty. Anyways, after the dx100, I trust iBasso's sound quality and will try the dx50. I wish they compromise on power and not SQ.
I thought your top end DAP was Tera? 
smily_headphones1.gif

May 6, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #199 of 3,609
I've come to terms with the DX100 UI. It's okay for what it does, I find it heaps better than the Studio V UI and at least on par with the Cowon J3. And with 1.4.2, it's actually pretty responsive. I really, really like my DX100, but those minor annoyances really detract from the overall impression, even if it is an amazing feat of engieneering. Feels like driving a BMW M5 and the interior trim is coming lose... Such an amazing ride, but come on, fix those little things!

May 6, 2013 at 4:53 AM Post #200 of 3,609
Quote:

Do we have anyone here that actually reads thai and not just a machine translation? I think the list might very well be just a wish list.

my wife is Thai but if i ask her to translate then she will know im up to buying something LOL 

I will try my stepdaughter - her silence is easily bribed with shopping money

May 6, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #201 of 3,609
ok just got the stepdaughter to translate - it appears those specs are wrong specs and the post 2 below the spec post says the guy is dreaming lol

So it sounds just like what goes on here at headfi but in another language :p

May 6, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #202 of 3,609
Quote:
my wife is Thai but if i ask her to translate then she will know im up to buying something LOL 

I will try my stepdaughter - her silence is easily bribed with shopping money

I could take it to a Thai restaurant here but their Danish skills are like HELLO MISTER SUPPORT I AM JOB. They can barely understand how I want my noodles so asking them to translate a forum thread... Nah.

May 6, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #203 of 3,609
Quote:
I could take it to a Thai restaurant here but their Danish skills are like HELLO MISTER SUPPORT I AM JOB. They can barely understand how I want my noodles so asking them to translate a forum thread... Nah.

you gotta pick the restaurants where you can see their young children hanging around - they make good translators :)

May 6, 2013 at 5:20 AM Post #204 of 3,609
I will have to have a look see, I am more interested in this than fiios upcoming "better than X3 dap" I would like something like a DX200 though , you know as a straight up upgrade

May 6, 2013 at 5:36 AM Post #205 of 3,609
Quote:
I will have to have a look see, I am more interested in this than fiios upcoming "better than X3 dap" I would like something like a DX200 though , you know as a straight up upgrade

Imagine the DX200, a balanced DX100. Head-Fi is crazy enough for stuff like that to sell.

May 6, 2013 at 5:53 AM Post #206 of 3,609
The Dx 200, now with a desktop amp attached to it , instead of just a desktop dac,It have every port and connection know to man

Ps: I am fine with correct android implementation , but the dx100 implementation is just... bad

inb4 someone asked for USB OTG to connect HDD into it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back