DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
May 2, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #136 of 3,609
Quote:
+1
I don't think that a DAP that size will be able to compete with the DX100. I do hope that it has a WM8740 DAC. Then, maybe it will be competition to the AK100. I hope that it is around $300 but I think that it will be priced around the AK100 and directly compete against it.

This parts fascination gives me a giggle. None of these bits can be fully optimized in any DAP so it comes down to interface and utilization. There are also cheaper ess chips. The es9023 is likely below $3 in bulk. My favorite DAC chip isn't even a Sabre but not a great fit for DAPs. Fiio considers a BB an upgrade to the Wolfson. I just hope the DX50 sings and that they concentrate on sound instead of universatility. (sic)

May 2, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #137 of 3,609
Quote:
This parts fascination gives me a giggle. None of these bits can be fully optimized in any DAP so it comes down to interface and utilization. There are also cheaper ess chips. The es9023 is likely below $3 in bulk. My favorite DAC chip isn't even a Sabre but not a great fit for DAPs. Fiio considers a BB an upgrade to the Wolfson. I just hope the DX50 sings and that they concentrate on sound instead of universatility. (sic)

Can I ask what is your thought on AKM DAC?

May 3, 2013 at 4:02 AM Post #138 of 3,609
I am just sitting hear shacking my head read through this thread. People are getting all worked up about a product that does not even exist yet say if it does do thing or have that it will not be any good to them. Will if it does not do what you want don't buy it. It was like when DX100 came out it stated what android os it was going to run on and people got the unit and complained about why Ibasso does not upgrade to better Android. If the DX50 comes out and is not your end all DAP don't buy it. If you want an End all DAP design one your self, or go work for Ibasso to give them guidance. At least they are trying to give some people what they want.

Sorry for the Friday morning rant, it but all this what it should and should not have just reminds me of a Apple launch with people waiting in line only to be let down because it is not the end all phone or tablet they been hoping for. Never owned and apple product myself just shake my head at the Hype companies make to sell something that is not in production yet only to have customers be let down

May 3, 2013 at 6:14 AM Post #140 of 3,609
Yes but if the product is coming out in the next couple of weeks / month I would think there development is just about finished at this point and suggesting changes would just delay it further. Maybe a thread should be started for DX200 or DX25 to get the suggestion.

May 3, 2013 at 7:00 AM Post #142 of 3,609
Quote:
I am just sitting hear shacking my head read through this thread. People are getting all worked up about a product that does not even exist yet...

You must be new here 
biggrin.gif

May 3, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #143 of 3,609
Quote:
You must be new here 
biggrin.gif

No just find it funny how people get all worked up about a product that:
a) Must already be done with development if they are going to announce it in May.
b) Think that stating ideas now will change what is already been developed
c) Or will complain about the delay because Ibasso does listen to ideas and the gear does not come out for another year because of the redesign.
d) Not happy once they get the new unit because it does not do thing besides what it was designed for like play music.

May 3, 2013 at 8:04 AM Post #144 of 3,609
Quote:
No just find it funny how people get all worked up about a product that:
a) Must already be done with development if they are going to announce it in May.
b) Think that stating ideas now will change what is already been developed
c) Or will complain about the delay because Ibasso does listen to ideas and the gear does not come out for another year because of the redesign.
d) Not happy once they get the new unit because it does not do thing besides what it was designed for like play music.

I was joking - this stuff happens with just about every single new product that is announced without a full spec sheet. "Looks good, but it won't sell unless they make sure it [insert personal preference here] and costs less than [insert random price point here]."

May 3, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #145 of 3,609
I'm pretty sure I'm not going to buy it if it doesn't have a built-in beard-trimmer...and not just any beard-trimmer - it must be self-cleaning. Thanks in advance, engineers of ibasso!

May 3, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #146 of 3,609
The DX100 already has that, put iems in your ears while turning it on and the pop will make tour beard fall down.
I'm pretty sure I'm not going to buy it if it doesn't have a built-in beard-trimmer...and not just any beard-trimmer - it must be self-cleaning. Thanks in advance, engineers of ibasso!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back