DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
May 1, 2013 at 4:05 AM Post #121 of 3,609
Quote:
I'm a girl so I don't feel like wearing bulky headphones in public places... I currently have some funds for a decent pair of IEMs and a portable source lol. I'll look into the fiio 3 thanks.

Welcome to our community....Please feel free to ask any question about your venture in this wonderful world.....

Hide your wallet......
biggrin.gif

May 1, 2013 at 4:10 AM Post #122 of 3,609
guys, take my predictions with a grain of salt but i guess there are some that we can already guess about dx50 : 
- it shouldn't be a competition for dx100 (ibasso wouldn't want dx100 sales to suffer from companies another dap)
so logically below would be my humble predictions for dx50 : 
- dx100 will be superior in sound, amplifying options and unique with it's android os.
- dx50 most probably will not have an ess chip but rather have a wm8740 as dac section and would sound similar to fiio x3 (or a tad bit better overall).
- it's price would be at around 300 $.
these are my personal predictions and they will be tested in two weeks i hope so :)

May 1, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #123 of 3,609
Quote:
guys, take my predictions with a grain of salt but i guess there are some that we can already guess about dx50 : 
- it shouldn't be a competition for dx100 (ibasso wouldn't want dx100 sales to suffer from companies another dap)
so logically below would be my humble predictions for dx50 : 
- dx100 will be superior in sound, amplifying options and unique with it's android os.
- dx50 most probably will not have an ess chip but rather have a wm8740 as dac section and would sound similar to fiio x3 (or a tad bit better overall).
- it's price would be at around 300 $.
these are my personal predictions and they will be tested in two weeks i hope so :)

+1
I don't think that a DAP that size will be able to compete with the DX100. I do hope that it has a WM8740 DAC. Then, maybe it will be competition to the AK100. I hope that it is around $300 but I think that it will be priced around the AK100 and directly compete against it.

May 2, 2013 at 1:05 AM Post #126 of 3,609
Quote:
If is funny how people want to guess stuff and give some insights about iBasso's strategy while we have no clue.

Meh, nobody knows and we're bored. It's sometimes fun bringing out the crystal ball and throwing out all the hopes and dreams and seeing what sticks to the wall. If the DX100 didn't have such abysmal battery life I probably would have bit. Here's hoping this little DAP sports 15 plus hours of juice and owns anything on the market as far as driving IEM's are concerned.

You guys think iBasso will go with a proprietary OS this time around or still stick with Android?

May 2, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #127 of 3,609
Quote:
Meh, nobody knows and we're bored. It's sometimes fun bringing out the crystal ball and throwing out all the hopes and dreams and seeing what sticks to the wall. If the DX100 didn't have such abysmal battery life I probably would have bit. Here's hoping this little DAP sports 15 plus hours of juice and owns anything on the market as far as driving IEM's are concerned.

You guys think iBasso will go with a proprietary OS this time around or still stick with Android?

Ok then. So I think the DX50 will read vynils and cassettes, and in terms of digital format, only rm (Real Audio Format). I think the UI will be eye activated like on the Samsung S4.

May 2, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #128 of 3,609
Quote:

I hope Proprietary OS, most folks on head-fi who purchase devices care about the music experience than what apps they can run on their devices or watch video. I really was mad when sony decided to increase their walkman size and focus on a tablet like walkman than a small great sounding walkman. 

May 2, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #129 of 3,609
Quote:
Ok then. So I think the DX50 will read vynils and cassettes, and in terms of digital format, only rm (Real Audio Format). I think the UI will be eye activated like on the Samsung S4.

Good start, I predict it will wash my car once a week and will have a DNA recognition  feature meaning it will auto scan your DNA sequence when you first touch it and from there on in only you will be able to use it.

In all seriousness though the 4 big hopes on my end is ALAC support, gapless, fluid UI, decent battery life. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, the number 1 hope is it sounds crazy good with my IEM's.

May 2, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #130 of 3,609
Interested to learn more ........

May 2, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #131 of 3,609
Quote:

Having worked for a large mobile phone company and being involved in the NPI process it was always funny to read what forums, blogs and "trustworthy" news sites came up with in comparison to the real upcoming product.:)

May 2, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #132 of 3,609
actually guys i am not using "crystal ball" or something else, unless you use "fortunetelling" interchangeably with "logic" in your daily lives. and one should not be nostradamus or sherlock to foresee that this dap - assuming that is it affordable as stated - will not contain an ess chip or something virtually at this level. so the second choice to these is to utilize the mainstream dac of wm8740 which is cheap, well-performing with relatively efficient power consumption. it can also be seen that ibasso is no stranger to this dac, using it in some of it's amps.
according to my estimations, things may only change if ibasso finds a better and more efificient solution (which i also may wish so) to develop an affordable dap than utilizing from the mainstream and highly popular wm8740 in this particular market. you just have to wait for two weeks to see my above claims to be tested. not long.

May 2, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #134 of 3,609
Quote:
I would wait for this over the AK100 if it had dual sdcards and optical out. If it doesn't have these features then it's no-contest against the AK100, IMHO.

I don't see that having dual ports or one is an issue. I don't know what it will have but the DX100 has one slot and frankly with a 62gb card, there is more than enough as it is so easy to change out cards. I use 2 in the AK100 but tend to just use one or the other card so if the AK100 used just one card, that would be no big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back