DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
Apr 30, 2013 at 4:16 AM Post #106 of 3,609
Quote:
lol  yep thats just the kind of support that was needed on this thread, and your gonna be the judge of whose wrong? he was just stating what he wants as much as u were. Anyway, i dont want to waste my time on someone as miserable as yourself, if someone doesnt agree with what u think is right .. doesnt make him wrong. 

You DO understand that I was joking, right? Just cracking wise about the fact that we're arguing about who's making the best guesses...

Apr 30, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #107 of 3,609
anyway all misunderstandings aside it looks like the HDVD800 will be my first foray into balanced headphones. I always wanted to try but never had a balanced amp and with the feedback coming in declaring its noticeably better it would be silly not to order the cable at the same time.

Now here's a another question for those that are up with the play on IEM's and desktop amps. What would my IE800's sound like running through the HDVD800 ? Waste of time with impedance issues and all that other technical stuff that goes over my head ? 

Apr 30, 2013 at 7:23 AM Post #108 of 3,609
Quote:
anyway all misunderstandings aside it looks like the HDVD800 will be my first foray into balanced headphones. I always wanted to try but never had a balanced amp and with the feedback coming in declaring its noticeably better it would be silly not to order the cable at the same time.

Now here's a another question for those that are up with the play on IEM's and desktop amps. What would my IE800's sound like running through the HDVD800 ? Waste of time with impedance issues and all that other technical stuff that goes over my head ? 

Are you sure that the DX50 thread is the right place for that question? 
wink.gif

Apr 30, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #109 of 3,609
Apr 30, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #110 of 3,609
I think that due to it's size, we are assuming some compromises. We are just hoping they aren't on the performance end and Ibasso has indicated that's likely the case. To me that means power vs battery life in that size. As it's a smaller device, easy portability combined with likewise portable IEMs makes sense and allows for reasonable battery life. I hope they test it on things like JH16s and UE18s to make sure there's at least enough current to fully control things like that. If so, it will also drive the small on ear efficient low impedance cans out there but that should be about it. If your willing to carry big driver or higher impedance cans, you should also be willing to carry an amp or bigger DX-100.

Apr 30, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #112 of 3,609
Hey guys I'm new to the head-fi community. I'm a broke college student so can't really afford the dx100...looking forward to the dx50 though!
I know this isn't the right forum section for it, but can anyone recommend a good pair of earbuds for dx100/dx50? Thanks in advance.

Apr 30, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #113 of 3,609
You'd be better off getting better IEMs or headphones before you get a decent source. I'm not not sure why you would want to use earbuds though.

Apr 30, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #114 of 3,609
Yeah, you should definitely get a good pair of iems before worrying about the source. The fiio x3 might be a good option as a "budget" dap when it comes out

Apr 30, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #115 of 3,609
I don't need one.... I WANT ONE!!!! :)

Apr 30, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #116 of 3,609
I'm a girl so I don't feel like wearing bulky headphones in public places... I currently have some funds for a decent pair of IEMs and a portable source lol. I'll look into the fiio 3 thanks.

May 1, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #117 of 3,609
Quote:
I'm a girl so I don't feel like wearing bulky headphones in public places... I currently have some funds for a decent pair of IEMs and a portable source lol. I'll look into the fiio 3 thanks.

Earbuds and IEMs are not the same - you'll confuse the hell out of people if you ask about one but mean the other.

Oh and welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet.

May 1, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #118 of 3,609
I'm guessing it'll be more expensive than the X3, but it sure as hell looks nice; I think I'm going to wait to hear the specs on this thing - the extra cost may end up being worth it.

May 1, 2013 at 2:57 AM Post #119 of 3,609
Quote:
I'm guessing it'll be more expensive than the X3, but it sure as hell looks nice; I think I'm going to wait to hear the specs on this thing - the extra cost may end up being worth it.

The DX100 is damn expensive, but worth every penny. I'm pretty sure the DX50 is going to be terrific value for money!

May 1, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #120 of 3,609
Actually, if we look at it, the DX100 is really value for money too, given what it's capable of.
smile.gif

Can't wait till iBasso makes the official announcement. The suspense is starting to get to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back