DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .
Apr 28, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #93 of 3,609
Quote:
Based on the model number, obviously the DX "50" will be half the cost of the DX "100". Considering that the DX100 is twice the price I'm willing to pay for a portable then the DX50 might be something I would be interested in if so.  Unlike earlier comments in this thread though, I would hope it does well with harder to drive full size cans, not just those little things you stick into your ears. Otherwise what's the point - I'd just keep the snake-oil free Sansa Clip Zip.

get the DX100 then, you want this player to drive iems and harder to drive full size cans as well, do you want wifi , album art and everything else for less money too?
 I think most people in this thread are happy to get a PORTABLE dap for their SENSITIVE iems.

Apr 28, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #94 of 3,609
Quote:
get the DX100 then, you want this player to drive iems and harder to drive full size cans as well, do you want wifi , album art and everything else for less money too?
 I think most people in this thread are happy to get a PORTABLE dap for their SENSITIVE iems.

Exactly. Looks like the DX50 has lineout, so throw an amp at it for driving the LCD2 on the go. Want the perfect one-box solution? Get the DX100.

Apr 29, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #99 of 3,609
Quote:

Umm.. I think this is flawed logic.  It would be nice, but I don't think we can deduce the price point from the model # being half of the dx100.

No flawed logic, just invisible humor.

Quote:

Why is that? Have you read somewhere that the DX50 is being purpose built just just for Sensitive iems? As I mentioned, the DX100 isn't in my price range. I merely stated my preference that the DX50 would work well with full size headphones. Apparently stating an opinion outside the elite club that is "most people in this thread" is not to be tolerated.

Quote:
Exactly. Looks like the DX50 has lineout, so throw an amp at it for driving the LCD2 on the go. Want the perfect one-box solution? Get the DX100.

Same again, where is the information that states that the DX50 is not going to be powerful enough for full size cans?  Are you employed by iBasso and empowered to make design decisions for them perhaps?

Apr 29, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #100 of 3,609
Quote:
Same again, where is the information that states that the DX50 is not going to be powerful enough for full size cans?  Are you employed by iBasso and empowered to make design decisions for them perhaps?

Just thinking out loud, stating what I hope. Much like you did 
beerchug.gif

Apr 29, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #101 of 3,609
Only iBasso knows what it is going to power and what the thrust of the DX50 will be, as far as I know. Enjoy the music. It's all good. :^)

Apr 30, 2013 at 3:01 AM Post #104 of 3,609
lol  yep thats just the kind of support that was needed on this thread, and your gonna be the judge of whose wrong? he was just stating what he wants as much as u were. Anyway, i dont want to waste my time on someone as miserable as yourself, if someone doesnt agree with what u think is right .. doesnt make him wrong. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back