1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX50 a new smaller DAP from iBasso. Spec. page 1. Impressions start on page. . .

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by jamato8, Apr 24, 2013.
First

Back
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Next

Last
  1. toxicdrift
    shureasia <--- website

my bad lol didnt see the last post [​IMG]

2. lin0003
    Lol, I feel really dumb. 

3. uchihaitachi
    The ak120 has Dual dac... What an unnecessary.....

4. lin0003
    I don't know anything about the engineering behind DACs, but I think that running the same digital signal through 2 same chips would not alter the sound. Anyone else who is more knowledgeable chip in here. 

5. hedphonz
    Quote:
    one per channel perhaps !

6. audionewbi
    The DAC are not in series, if they do this that means they need to DAC->ADC->DAC which is rather pointless so what they did is DAC(1)-.>L,  DAC(2)-->R.

The point is as there is no crossover and each signal will be delivered with more clarity, better depth and etc. 

Of course the key point is how it is implement, the signal at the end needs to go through the output circuit board which can greatly alter the sound. This is why most people like a  dedicated pure lineout as the line out just delivers the signal right out of DAC without having it go through the other section which might degrade/alter the sound.

The AK120 Price is high for sure  and based on the AK100 there seems to be no good reason why anyone would want to risk it but I have hope for the Astell brand. Right now they are the only DAP which come in a size that will not need you carry a bag. I strongly support their device dimension and its shape factor. I would prefer to have the volume knob placed at top but that is personal preference. 

I hope an AK80 comes out where it has a lineout, no optical out, no DSD with cheaper closure and purely made for IEM with a 400 dollar tag.

Call me crazy but I think I might try the AK120, I will give iriver on more try for the sake of the good old H120.

AmberOzL likes this.
  7. uchihaitachi
    Quote:
    No not at all. Having Dual DACs is merely a new 'wow' factor the DAP industry seems to have chosen. I assume that in the future the number of DACs will start increasing to justify much higher price tags. A single DAC is more than capable of handling the conversion. If you needed 500GB of space, having two DACs surmounts to having two separate 250GB drives. Why not just keep the single 500GB hard drive? Other internal parts can obviously make a difference normally for the worse, but even then, the degradation is often not perceivable to the ear. Unless the internal components are of absolutely worthless quality.

8. audionewbi
    I am also for well implement design, you can have all the high end part and if poorly implemented they will just sound bad. The reason why I support the A&K brand is I love their form factor. As it stands all the other DAP are simply gears which can only be carried in some form of a bag.
    i have never owned anything with dual DAC so I cannot comment based on experience, what I commented on is what I read based on the mono-dac design. I just have to wait and hear how the AK120 sounds for myself.
    Quote:

9. lee730
    Quote:

Someone actually corrected that figure to 5 ohms...

10. jamato8 Contributor
    Quote:

Not a DAP but iBasso has had dual Wolson 8740 dacs in their equipment for some time. The DB2, which sounds excellent and a few more pieces of equipment they have produced.

11. DigitalFreak
    I hope iBasso has the foresight to have a proper output that isn't high impedance. Under 1 ohm would be the sweet spot for me. I'm still wondering why the AK100 would ever be manufactured with such a high impedance factor.

12. lee730
    Quote:

Ignorance and lack of caring for what the informed audiophile consumer wants. :).

I think ibasso knows what they are doing though. The DX100 measures wonderfully, has very low output impedance and sounds real good. I don't think they'll disappoint.

13. Achmedisdead
    Quote:
    I'm still wondering why so many people bought AK100s, especially knowing about the issue....lol

14. lee730
    Quote:

Popularity (it's in), portability, decent ui, with dual SD slots, the advertising :wink:.

15. uchihaitachi
    Quote:
    +1
    DX100 is probably the only high end audiophile DAP that measures well lol

First

Back
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Next

Last