DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jan 18, 2023 at 1:46 AM Post #8,266 of 10,337
Literally just pulled the trigger on the DX320 Edition X and now the waiting game begins.. Looking forward to my Chinese New Year present!!

Thanks everyone for your input through this journey! :beyersmile:

Jan 18, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #8,267 of 10,337
Literally just pulled the trigger on the DX320 Edition X and now the waiting game begins.. Looking forward to my Chinese New Year present!!

Thanks everyone for your input through this journey! :beyersmile:
Congrats! Nice way to start the year! It's gorgeous. I'm listening to it with the AMP14 module right now. With the Softears Tremolo. So moving! :)

Jan 18, 2023 at 11:10 AM Post #8,268 of 10,337
Vertical. I did 3 factory resets. I notice an occasional flash when using mango os as well. Not just on startup.

I have a regular DX330 as well. I’m upgrading to the 2.05 firmware on that one as well. I don’t have the flashes on that one right now.

Thanks.

If a reset did not fix it, exchange it. I had one like that, the screen would blank out or flash on and off and other screen weirdness. I sent it back, it was hardware issue something with the screen.

Jan 18, 2023 at 4:50 PM Post #8,269 of 10,337
A very underrated IEM and nice synergy with Amp 14. Even better on sale on Amazon:

FiiO FD7

One of the few IEMs I've had that sounded great right out of the box. I still tweaked with some PEQ to my personal preference but I think this will appeal to most audiophiles as it is very balanced. I find the semi open design really useful as the sound bleed is almost the same as closed IEMs, but I can hear external sound fine when music is dialed down so I don't have to pull the IEMs out for a quick conversation.This will not appeal to bassheads or clinical treble preferences. Balanced and natural is how I would characterize FD7. Not everyday you see a pure beryllium driver in an IEM, especially at this price. Also includes an OCC pure silver cable.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2023 at 9:20 AM Post #8,270 of 10,337
A very underrated IEM and nice synergy with Amp 14. Even better on sale on Amazon:

FiiO FD7

One of the few IEMs I've had that sounded great right out of the box. I still tweaked with some PEQ to my personal preference but I think this will appeal to most audiophiles as it is very balanced. I find the semi open design really useful as the sound bleed is almost the same as closed IEMs, but I can hear external sound fine when music is dialed down so I don't have to pull the IEMs out for a quick conversation.This will not appeal to bassheads or clinical treble preferences. Balanced and natural is how I would characterize FD7. Not everyday you see a pure beryllium driver in an IEM, especially at this price. Also includes an OCC pure silver cable.
Link isn’t working

Jan 19, 2023 at 11:55 AM Post #8,272 of 10,337
Jan 19, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #8,274 of 10,337
Good evening.Just got DX320 today..I’m going to try burn in cable but perhaps some one can clarify this? Burn in cable goes in to 2.5 socket? Also assuming i plug in to a charger (wall) and let music play.Scanned SD card did it rapidly.Just lx to it excellent sonic and wrap around sound..Thank you for any help.Ordered in EU shop Sunday arrived today.John

Jan 19, 2023 at 2:19 PM Post #8,275 of 10,337
Good evening.Just got DX320 today..I’m going to try burn in cable but perhaps some one can clarify this? Burn in cable goes in to 2.5 socket? Also assuming i plug in to a charger (wall) and let music play.Scanned SD card did it rapidly.Just lx to it excellent sonic and wrap around sound..Thank you for any help.Ordered in EU shop Sunday arrived today.John
Yes, that is how you do it and use a normal listening volume when running in the dap. The burn in cable goes into the 2.5 balanced socket. Have fun!

Jan 19, 2023 at 2:39 PM Post #8,277 of 10,337
hi, do you have to run in the line output on the amp14? thank you
The line output comes from the DAC and it is being used when using the phone out but then there is a little bit of circuit trace and the socket so it never hurts to put some hours on it but it is nothing like burning in the amp circuit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back