DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Sep 12, 2022 at 8:37 PM Post #6,226 of 10,324
Speak your mind bro! It is for anyone that might have tried/found the same thing. :)
I had answered your question to @DAPpower before realizing it wasn't directed at me. For my part, I use Mango App in Android and MangoOS for listening. I haven't tried any other apps but I'm thinking about it.
Cheers! :beerchug:
-HK sends

Sep 12, 2022 at 8:41 PM Post #6,227 of 10,324
I had answered your question to @DAPpower before realizing it wasn't directed at me. For my part, I use Mango App in Android and MangoOS for listening. I haven't tried any other apps but I'm thinking about it.
Cheers! :beerchug:
-HK sends
If you have both the DX300 and the DX320, I would be curious to know if you notice a different bit-rate playing the same songs on the different DAPs. I only have the DX300 so I cannot test it for myself.

Not that it really matters that much, I am just more curious than anything else. :)

Sep 13, 2022 at 9:10 AM Post #6,228 of 10,324
My DX320 review is finally finished: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ibasso-dx320.25723/reviews#review-29208

DSC-0465.jpg
DSC-0457.jpg

Sep 13, 2022 at 9:15 AM Post #6,230 of 10,324
Spectacularly well written. One of the best reviews I've read hands down.
I can't imagine how many hours would have gone to write this.
Thank you! Those are some big compliments :')

Sep 13, 2022 at 9:52 AM Post #6,231 of 10,324
Thank you! Those are some big compliments :')
Amazing job!! Very well done. From all that I have known in technicalities wise, the DAC sections mainly relying on the DAC-IC and the according engineering for implementations which is recommended by the DAC manufacturer. Yet, you can change here and there but there still measurements and parameters to follows. However, being in a portable applications, the DAP makers can't have the leisure of spaces to do what they desires.

Finally, what it all means is that, as long as the DAP maker do realize and follow the strict guides by the DAC-IC manufacturer, what remains mostly will be the analog and amplification.

Ibasso, being the first to produce amplifier modulat designs is aiming at this particular hobby and direction. Hence, amplifier modularity and not DAC modularity

Why ? It is pretty simple

DAC needs hardware, firmware and software integrations. You can't use one universal systems, because that means compromises will happen. Most of these compromises are behind the doors, such as the many parameters of measurements. Some of these compromises can be observed by encountering bugs , such as improperly working digital filters, system crashes randomly....etc...etc..

So! The best way to taking advantages of the design, and to enjoy the modularity system to the best of sound performances, would have to be the best implementations of the DAC first, which requires it own hardware/firmware/software implementations.....that means the DAC Should not be interchangeable and or modular....then the next step is to provide a modular amplification system....this is the thing that even desktop system have been adopting since the beginning of time!!! A dedicated all out DAC, and an external amplifiers...which sometimes may be swapped out to alternate the performances!!!

Being portable, and adopting the best topologies for modularity, Ibasso never overlooked the Amplification section that should be it own dedicated system, which requires it own dedicated PSU....so even as portable as Dx300/320, there are dedicated batteries for each sections!!!

Well done Ibasso !!!

Oh, and MangoOS is an icing on the cake

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2022 at 10:28 PM Post #6,234 of 10,324
Sep 14, 2022 at 6:25 AM Post #6,236 of 10,324
Thank you to everybody! Really didn't expect this much love =)
I think you guys enjoyed this review more than the DX300 review...

@samandhi I replied in two parts. I definitely gave it some thought, but in the end, I think the choice I made is the right one

Sep 14, 2022 at 7:14 AM Post #6,237 of 10,324
Thank you to everybody! Really didn't expect this much love =)
I think you guys enjoyed this review more than the DX300 review...

@samandhi I replied in two parts. I definitely gave it some thought, but in the end, I think the choice I made is the right one
Apparently it was ME that didn't see... I got no notification that you replied (still).... Thanks!

Sep 15, 2022 at 4:33 PM Post #6,239 of 10,324
Does anyone know how the power level of the dx302 compares to a Woo a11?
A11 looks similar in specs to amp 11 mk2.

Sep 16, 2022 at 10:40 PM Post #6,240 of 10,324
They are supposed to be in stock by end of this month or next month, so it would have to be a special request, if still possible.

Please show us post pics once you get it.
Very interested to see.

The jury is still out whether korg tubes sound as good as real tubes...

There is another competitor to the Cayin C9, which uses real tubes like this, and is more powerful too!
Check out the "KAEI TAP-1 Full Balanced Headphone Tube Amp Hifi Headphone Tube Amplifier 4900MW" on ebay or elsewhere...

Just get the Amp11Muse or new amp11 by Steve, so you don't have to "downgrade" to a lesser dap, just for the tonality.

Yes I would agree, an upgraded amp module for his preferences, in order to keep the higher resolve level of the dx320, but @RIGATIO already has the early version EXN.
I also had the early version EXN, and rated it in my list below. It is basically rated below the stock dx320 amps, so judging by this, he would only be impressed with a upgraded opamp board.
Upgrade by Steve has the similar but better ADA opamps that his M8 has.
Upgrade by Whitigir has the legendary Muse opamp which is more widely known.
Both will do the job to outperform & be at the top of amp board mods.

Also, changing IEMs & eartips is another solution for tonality adjustment.
In general, you want your DAP as neutral as possible in tone, so it would be good on all IEMs & Headphones, and tune the headphones rather than your DAP, but the new amp modules are actually giving you greater dynamics/performance, so that in itself is worth it.

Yes the U12T is a very open and musical experience, plus sound modules to pick.

Following your preferences, I would recommend highly the U12T for you, as it has so many plug modules to adjust the tone to give some amazing sound.
I owned the U12T and tried the Monarch mk2 , and yes the U12T is a bit more resolving and better. You would have posted about the U12T the whole time you posted aboutthe Monarchs.

Although it is yet to be determined which is warmer, It is my assumption that the amp11 Muse from whitigir should be better at battery, followed by Steve's amp11 with two ADA opamps.

Yes I can agree and would also think this.

Yes

Yes I agree here. Very nice for those that like a bit more weight and tone.

This is important. I used to use earbuds alot and got ear infection which made me turn to headphones for a good two years before coming into real IEMs...

Shhh.. don't tell @RIGATIO , he still in a music "honeymoon" stage with M8 and snapping him out of it may make him sad...🥲

Thanks, I updated post ranking with explanation which EXN-S version tested, and did my best to rate them on performance/resolve.
KAEI numbers are misleading. You have to divide by 2. My NX7 is more powerful on battery power. Couldn't believe it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back