DX240 DAP. DAC ES9038PRO - NEW: AMP8MK2S .****** NEW Firmware! 2.01 *******
Nov 26, 2021 at 8:50 AM Post #631 of 2,804
I have now come to the decision not to buy the DX 240. Yes, it is much better from the design, especially the volume wheel and the side buttons. But in the silicone case it's not really a problem. And until now it fit in every pocket. I am convinced that I will feel it from the sound experience as Ichos and Whitigir had felt in his comparison with 228 EX. I trust Ichos. I also hear what he wrote about AMP 12 in his test. So I'll wait for the successor to the DX 300 because iBasso will do something if you don't get the Cirrus chips anymore.

Nov 26, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #632 of 2,804
I have now come to the decision not to buy the DX 240. Yes, it is much better from the design, especially the volume wheel and the side buttons. But in the silicone case it's not really a problem. And until now it fit in every pocket. I am convinced that I will feel it from the sound experience as Ichos and Whitigir had felt in his comparison with 228 EX. I trust Ichos. I also hear what he wrote about AMP 12 in his test. So I'll wait for the successor to the DX 300 because iBasso will do something if you don't get the Cirrus chips anymore.
Agreed, and I will be looking forward to the development of DX300, also the amp modules

Nov 26, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #633 of 2,804
Agreed, and I will be looking forward to the development of DX300, also the amp modules
That makes us two. What amazes me, to be honest, is the fact that the Amp 13 is not yet on the market. So right now just before Christmas to boost the Christmas business. It is the case with many manufacturers. But now we just have to wait

Nov 26, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #635 of 2,804
Nov 26, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #636 of 2,804
That makes us two. What amazes me, to be honest, is the fact that the Amp 13 is not yet on the market. So right now just before Christmas to boost the Christmas business. It is the case with many manufacturers. But now we just have to wait
No no no, this makes us three!

Nov 26, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #637 of 2,804
Reffering to what Ichos wrote about the scale of the presentation. this is very important subject. I know what he meant. When i was comparing the A&K sp1000M to the dx312 i noticed the scale, the amount of air and this "purring" power on the dx312. The sp1km sounded like a very very good dap, almost flagship level. Everything was spot on. But it sounded like a dap. The dx312 had technicalities on the same level but there was something more- this power and huge staging which mede me feel that now im listening to the desktop equipment.

Nov 26, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #639 of 2,804
Man if they made amp13 it would be sold out before they even released it. They would fly off the shelves. I'm all for it.

Nov 26, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #642 of 2,804
Not really in the market right now anyway. But it's not so much the portability. Just didn't favor the overall ergonomics of the 300. Too tall and, from memory, that volume wheel felt more like a toy.
To be honest, I'm not interested in the volume wheel. It's very stable, by the way, and I've never had a problem with it. What turns me on more is the fact of this absolutely magical sound that it delivers for the greatness. It's not like you have a brick in your pocket. Everything still in the green area.

Nov 26, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #643 of 2,804
To be honest, I'm not interested in the volume wheel. It's very stable, by the way, and I've never had a problem with it. What turns me on more is the fact of this absolutely magical sound that it delivers for the greatness. It's not like you have a brick in your pocket. Everything still in the green area.
Agree, the volume knob doesnt fit aesthetically maybe byt is very sturdy. When it comes to the size, sure its a brick but with perfect weight and rounded edges. I could easly walk around with it on summer and had no issues. the dx220 was smaller but very havy and got hot like toaster.

Nov 26, 2021 at 10:51 AM Post #644 of 2,804
Again, I don't have the DAP to analyze it. I don't recall having any issues with the volume wheels function, maybe more a matter of a aesthetic mismatch between the volume wheel up against the grand size of the DAP.

I don't want any 300 fans to misunderstand me. I have no dog in the fight. I'm not planning on buying either the 300 or the 240. I think the 300 was really good and I totally get why people would be drawn to it's sonics. For me, I wasn't a fan of the ergonomics but I wouldn't have let that stop me from buying it if I were in the market and if I was as enthralled with it's sound as it's owners are. It's different strokes for different folks, that's all.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #645 of 2,804
For what the DX 312 can do, it is relatively small and well suited to take with you. When I think about my last A&K 380 with a screwed on amplifier. Oh my God!!! I felt as if I had a brick in my pocket. And in terms of performance, it was nowhere near as high as the DX312. And price? 5 or 6 times as expensive. To ask???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back