DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Feb 18, 2020 at 5:10 PM Post #11,074 of 13,460
How do you guys navigate your music library in mango os? I find the lack of search to be quite restrictive given my massive library

Hi, search would be a welcome feature, TBH I don’t miss it really since you can scroll fast A-Z by album name, artist and track.
One of my other latest routines has been as @fokta mentioned, shuffle all tracks. This makes my avoid the temptation of repetitively selecting some preferred albums and artists, it’s fun IMO ... as iBasso says, just enjoy the music :smile_phones:

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2020 at 1:35 AM Post #11,076 of 13,460
So reading some of the recent posts regarding navigating and searching for music on our beloved devices has motivated me to again post a short list of what I consider priority enhancements/improvements that would be beneficial for most owners and highly improve the ability to quickly find what we want to listen to and also make the Playlists capabilities better.

I am trying to rally other owners to support and encourage Paul/iBasso to at least acknowledge that they will work on these or are working on them for a future FW update. I will also be posting this information in the other DX220 thread dedicated to Software Requests as well (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx220-thread-for-software-requests.906199/).

Of course, I realize there are other requests that have been made and understand that one person (me) shouldn't dictate what happens - but at least I am trying to be open and transparent so the next FW release isn't a mystery box surprise. Anyways, here is my list, for better or worse:
  1. Alphanumeric based jump forward/back to facilitate quickly navigating long lists of artists, songs, etc. Many other DAPs and most modern smartphones have this capability so it shouldn't be "reinventing the wheel".
  2. Scroll position retention when returning to a prior list instead of positioning view at the beginning/top of the listing. Sometimes it does remember the scroll position but most of the time it goes to the beginning/top which is frustrating to then have to scroll back down a long listing to get back where you were/want to be. Should retain scroll position across power off/on cycles as well.
  3. Under Artist menu please have the option to at least display by either Album or by Song. Currently in Mango Mode we only see Albums listed under any given Artist. In Android we see Albums with an option at the top for All Songs – but picking that does not display All Songs but instead starts playing them. From the current song display there is a pulldown at the top which shows all songs by the artist but that is a roundabout way of getting that list and again only in Android Mode...
  4. Playlist enhancements – would like the ability to name/rename playlists in Mango Mode like we can in Android Mode and define or change the order of play of songs within a playlist. Also, please display the Album that a song in the Playlist is from if possible on the second row after the Artist name separated with a / character. We can now import and export playlists between Android and Mango modes so that is greatly appreciated and avoids having to recreate information on both sides from scratch – would be nice to add an Import function from within the Playlist menus instead of having to navigate to the directory containing the Exported Playlist to then click on those files for the option to Import.
  5. I have given up on Search capability being integrated into Mango Mode based on several responses back from Paul – but if items 1 & 3 are incorporated then it will result in greatly improved navigation to find/listen to what we want quickly and with much less wasted scrolling above or below the desired target.
Hope you all find these ideas beneficial and let's hope Paul/iBasso seriously considers them as well.

Best Regards,
Tim

Feb 19, 2020 at 3:20 AM Post #11,078 of 13,460
Anyone can state the differences between a normal amp8 and a modded one? The thing is, the different levels that Fidelizer has it would be marvellous if someone can say the differences between versions but its gonna be very hard to find someone who has the same amp with different mods..

Feb 19, 2020 at 3:24 AM Post #11,079 of 13,460
Anyone can state the differences between a normal amp8 and a modded one? The thing is, the different levels that Fidelizer has it would be marvellous if someone can say the differences between versions but its gonna be very hard to find someone who has the same amp with different mods..
The question becomes less relevant once you take in account of

1/ you or anyone can not have all of them
2/ each one is an improved over stock module

so, I think the relevant question would be...what can you have now , or able to afford ?

and the next relevant question is, which one sounds Better ? This question is mostly answered by the modder himself in the details....but point for references is the pricing !!! Then of course you need to take in “personal preferences” too!

Feb 19, 2020 at 4:23 AM Post #11,083 of 13,460
That is Fidelizer fellow himself describing Ultimate amp8 mod;

"- more fidelity improvements
- more finer and crisper details
- and realism"

If you ask me.
I would repeat the above. I also found it gave slightly more control to bass. I did use amp8 without mod for a while and difference it of another level dap. You need good iems or cans though to release the full potential obviously.
Also it goes well With Advanced Rom which improves seperation and imaging significantly.

Feb 19, 2020 at 6:18 AM Post #11,085 of 13,460
So reading some of the recent posts regarding navigating and searching for music on our beloved devices has motivated me to again post a short list of what I consider priority enhancements/improvements that would be beneficial for most owners and highly improve the ability to quickly find what we want to listen to and also make the Playlists capabilities better.

I am trying to rally other owners to support and encourage Paul/iBasso to at least acknowledge that they will work on these or are working on them for a future FW update. I will also be posting this information in the other DX220 thread dedicated to Software Requests as well (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx220-thread-for-software-requests.906199/).

Of course, I realize there are other requests that have been made and understand that one person (me) shouldn't dictate what happens - but at least I am trying to be open and transparent so the next FW release isn't a mystery box surprise. Anyways, here is my list, for better or worse:
  1. Alphanumeric based jump forward/back to facilitate quickly navigating long lists of artists, songs, etc. Many other DAPs and most modern smartphones have this capability so it shouldn't be "reinventing the wheel".
  2. Scroll position retention when returning to a prior list instead of positioning view at the beginning/top of the listing. Sometimes it does remember the scroll position but most of the time it goes to the beginning/top which is frustrating to then have to scroll back down a long listing to get back where you were/want to be. Should retain scroll position across power off/on cycles as well.
  3. Under Artist menu please have the option to at least display by either Album or by Song. Currently in Mango Mode we only see Albums listed under any given Artist. In Android we see Albums with an option at the top for All Songs – but picking that does not display All Songs but instead starts playing them. From the current song display there is a pulldown at the top which shows all songs by the artist but that is a roundabout way of getting that list and again only in Android Mode...
  4. Playlist enhancements – would like the ability to name/rename playlists in Mango Mode like we can in Android Mode and define or change the order of play of songs within a playlist. Also, please display the Album that a song in the Playlist is from if possible on the second row after the Artist name separated with a / character. We can now import and export playlists between Android and Mango modes so that is greatly appreciated and avoids having to recreate information on both sides from scratch – would be nice to add an Import function from within the Playlist menus instead of having to navigate to the directory containing the Exported Playlist to then click on those files for the option to Import.
  5. I have given up on Search capability being integrated into Mango Mode based on several responses back from Paul – but if items 1 & 3 are incorporated then it will result in greatly improved navigation to find/listen to what we want quickly and with much less wasted scrolling above or below the desired target.
Hope you all find these ideas beneficial and let's hope Paul/iBasso seriously considers them as well.

Best Regards,
Tim
+1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back