DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 24, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #4,006 of 13,478
That is true. I got a very nice Dignis case for my WM1Z but it doesn't protect the top and all of the Dignis cases I have don't protect the top. Even the Sony case doesn't. And a few that I have that do, I don't care for.
To be quite honest, this is a stupid thing that us dap owners have to deal with. All I need is a tpu case kinda like from diztronic for cellphones. Is this asking for too much? I can't even enjoy the music because I'm too worried about dropping my dap! Lol If @Paul - iBasso really wants us to enjoy the music he should release a tpu case :) (first world problems)

Last edited:
May 24, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #4,007 of 13,478
To be quite honest, this is a stupid thing that us dap owners have to deal with. All I need is a tpu case kinda like from diztronic for cellphones. Is this asking for too much? I can't even enjoy the music because I'm too worried about dropping my dap! Lol If @Paul - iBasso really wants us to enjoy the music he should release a tpu case :) (first world problems)

Yes the 90 dollar official ak70 and ak sr15 cases have no protection on the top either. Tpu case would be welcome :)

May 24, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #4,008 of 13,478
But....but....but...some people don’t want TPU as it look Cheap ! Doesn’t Dx120 have TPU case in stock ?

Leather! Everything top of the line have to be Leather ! Do not blame others for your negligence.....would you accidentally scratch your Super model wife ? :wink:

Just kidding

May 24, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #4,011 of 13,478
Arrow with enhanced bass ?
Aye Sir. :) Addictive ever since and (to me) the definite match for open cans and also IEMs. Versatile and small packaging. Nonetheless, the DX220 seems to be a step up over the Onkyo. I just wonder whether somebody could share their findings when comparing these two? Particularly re the soundstage and resolution.
Cheers.

May 24, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #4,012 of 13,478
I dropped my yesterday it was in the case but ended at the top end and now has indent on the corner :frowning2:

Gutted ...... as I do really like to look after my stuff

I now figured no point in having it in a protective case. Just let it get marked and enjoy it as it as should be with no obstructive covers protectors case etc. Back protector has peeled due to heat..

Man, I feel for you that sucks, atleast it still works..

May 24, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #4,013 of 13,478
Just got the adapter and its great. Plugs look and feel good quality and sound quality doesn't seem to be affected. It surely sounds better with the adapter balanced out of DX220 than SE.
My desktop amp has both XLR 4pin balanced and 2.5mm balanced, I can do a better judgment of the adapter comparing those two... but at this moment I only want to listen DX220 :L3000:

An update on this subject and also something somewhat unexpected for me:
  1. The 2.5mm TRRS - XLR 4pin balanced makes no difference in sound quality - easy to verify on a 4 second swap on my Desktop amp Questyle CMA400i which has both outputs
  2. Source was DX220 coaxial so DAC was from the desktop
Now the "somewhat” unexpected:

My previous DAP was the FiiO X7 mk2 which has also a great sound quality, DAC is a single ESS 9018Pro. At home I always used my Desktop DAC/AMP (Questyle CMA400i), its nothing soooo special but sounded better than X7mk2 with my full size headphones Focal Clear - more spacious and airy with better dynamics - perfectly understandable.

As I was making the comparisons above it was also easy to A/B the desktop amp with DX220 2.5mm balanced, a few seconds switch (the. Only issue is when disconnecting coax to AMP1ii and vice-versa the track would resume from the beginning)...

WHERE DID THE CLARITY AND DYNAMICS FROM MY DESKTOP GO ???!!!
Balanced out of DX200 sounds so much better :astonished:

Maybe I need a new Desktop amp - oh dear ...

Last edited:
May 24, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #4,014 of 13,478
An update on this subject and also something somewhat unexpected for me:
  1. The 2.5mm TRRS - XLR 4pin balanced makes no difference in sound quality - easy to verify on a 4 second swap on my Desktop amp Questyle CMA400i which has both outputs
  2. Source was DX220 coaxial so DAC was from the desktop
Now the "somewhat” unexpected:

My previous DAP was the FiiO X7 mk2 which has also a great sound quality, DAC is a single ESS 9018Pro. At home I always used my Desktop DAC/AMP (Questyle CMA400i), its nothing soooo special but sounded better than X7mk2 with my full size headphones Focal Clear - more spacious and airy with better dynamics - perfectly understandable.

As I was making the comparisons above it was also easy to A/B the desktop amp with DX220 2.5mm balanced, a few seconds switch (the. Only issue is when disconnecting coax to AMP1ii and vice-versa the track would resume from the beginning)...

WHERE DID THE CLARITY AND DYNAMICS FROM MY DESKTOP GO ???!!!
Balanced out of DX200 sounds so much better :astonished:

Maybe I need a new Desktop amp - oh dear ...
Or maybe the DX220 is that good. :^)

May 24, 2019 at 8:15 PM Post #4,015 of 13,478
Thanks, my problem was that Safari does unzip the file... :frowning2: / iBasso need the *.zip-file. Thanks for your help
Ooo.. ok.. glad to help, although you can resolve by urself... good job...
btw, the previous DX200 need to unzip the file if not it can't detected... so prob it changes...

May 24, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #4,016 of 13,478
Pouch, like from power bank...
can protect a bit from Fall, prob 0.5 meter.
scratch resist,
breathable, air can go in and out, no worries about heat...
the material similar like my Solaris pouch, breathable also...
IMG-20190513-WA0003.jpeg
IMG-20190513-WA0005.jpg
courtesy image from ddmt, let me steal ur pic again... hehehe

below I take a picture to get the idea of breathable
20190525_073853.jpg

Last edited:
May 24, 2019 at 8:46 PM Post #4,017 of 13,478
The battery life seems rather poor.
Left it overnight fully charged and lost 6% in the morning.

I have not installed any extra apps yet, don’t know what’s draining the battery so fast.

My screen brightness is set at 10%.

May 24, 2019 at 8:55 PM Post #4,018 of 13,478
The battery life seems rather poor.
Left it overnight fully charged and lost 6% in the morning.

I have not installed any extra apps yet, don’t know what’s draining the battery so fast.

My screen brightness is set at 10%.
You had the DX220 off and it lost 6%? I can leave mine off and it is still at 100%. Are you sure it was off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back