DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 16, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #3,136 of 13,478
Picked up my DX220 today. Silly question but anyone else struggle getting a Micro SD card in?

I have the gold contacts facing up towards the screen but the card just doesn't click in. No problems using a hiby R3 or cowon p1.

Not seen any other reports but mine looks quite scratched at the back:

The pic doesn't capture it very well but it looks as though its been kicked round on a hard surface. There's no cover on the back so far as I can tell.
Back is scratched because there is a plastic film protector on it. The film is easily scratched....you have upgraded protector glass in the box, take that film off and apply it on....unless you are as lazy as I am , I leave it there, and don’t want to tinker with protector LOL

May 16, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #3,137 of 13,478
Back is scratched because there is a plastic film protector on it. The film is easily scratched....you have upgraded protector glass in the box, take that film off and apply it on....unless you are as lazy as I am , I leave it there, and don’t want to tinker with protector LOL

I have not yet had a chance to place in a glass protectror in the back, and my plastic protector is also a bit scratched. But I can easily tell it is a plastic film that's getting scratched, and not the unit itself :)

May 16, 2019 at 5:58 PM Post #3,138 of 13,478
One time I had my SD card fly out when I was trying to insert it. It literally flew 4 ft lol That spring in there is real strong. Lol
I had that happen to me once trying to remove a 400gb card from my se100. It flew across the room. I thought I'd lost the card. Some microsd slots are way too springy.

Last edited:
May 16, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #3,139 of 13,478
Was your unit shrink wrapped?

No, it wasn’t shrink wrapped. Guessing it can’t be a refurb or return on something this new?

Must admit I’ve not had all the bits out of the box yet. Thanks for the info and I’ll probably leave it alone for now. I don’t plan on looking at the back of it much and the screen looks perfect.

May 16, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #3,140 of 13,478
Aha! Thank you @Paulo Abreu it was just that tiny bit extra that did it. More difficult than my other DAPs.

Thanks @rutter I’ll try and find the post about it. I guess it would make sense to leave it in place for now.

My pre applied screen protector on the back also had a couple of marks on it so I just peeled it off. I don't plan on taking it outside so I'm probably not going to apply any protectors.

I've got my trusty m6 for mobile use.

May 16, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #3,142 of 13,478
4’ ? Mine flew out once....and it took me a couple hours with a flashlight went hunting for it kakakaka

I think this has happened to everyone, damn things are So small! My fear is I drop one in those crevices under chair and couch pillows, like where crumbs and change goes.

May 16, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #3,145 of 13,478
OK my DX220 has arrived and I have unboxed it and browsed the on line manuel. I have some dumb questions. I have inserted the micro SD card, and determined what is the break in cable. Have inserted it into balanced output.
First, do I need to put music on the DAP?
Second, what do you do with the DAP while it is breaking in? Leave it on? Off?
Am I correct to leave it charging when breaking in?
How long should I break it in?
Thank You for the guidance.

May 16, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #3,146 of 13,478
OK my DX220 has arrived and I have unboxed it and browsed the on line manuel. I have some dumb questions. I have inserted the micro SD card, and determined what is the break in cable. Have inserted it into balanced output.

Ok, put music on it, and let the music repeat. So yes, leave the unit on and playing music. Leave it plugged in. It is recommened to burn it in for 150-200 hours. Every now and then, plug in some phones and see how it is going. And, of course, enjoy the music.

May 16, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #3,147 of 13,478
Put some music on the card or on the internal memory.
Leave dap on and play the music at a normal listening volume.
Leave it charging so you don't run the battery down over and over.
Burn in is 100 to 200 hours.

When not doing the above, listen to it and enjoy it and learn the systems on it.

May 16, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #3,148 of 13,478

I'd just listen to music on it and let it break in naturally. A far more enjoyable way :L3000:

May 16, 2019 at 6:51 PM Post #3,150 of 13,478
No, it wasn’t shrink wrapped. Guessing it can’t be a refurb or return on something this new?

Must admit I’ve not had all the bits out of the box yet. Thanks for the info and I’ll probably leave it alone for now. I don’t plan on looking at the back of it much and the screen looks perfect.

I wish I could have left mine on, but my OCD wouldn't let me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back