1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX220 A new view to your music. * Latest Firmware: June 18, 2019 OTA * Link for User Guide 1st Page. AMP9 Now available! And DC01.

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Jan 23, 2019.
First

Back
452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461
463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472
Next

Last
  1. gto88
    Yeah, Dignis is good but pricy too.

2. jamato8 Contributor
    Pricy but then, IMO, so much better than the rest and I used to do this professionally, making fine leather pieces for even high end shops in NYC. I am glad to pay some more for an excellent case vs one that is ok and does the job but doesn't have the total feel of quality. Especially when it comes to something as fine as the DX220, of which I have now been able to compare to most everything on the market and am glad I have it.

Whitigir and CobraMan like this.
  3. singleended5863
    I am using most of my DAPs with Dignis case even the pouch Bossa I carry dx220 and Phantom for daily outdoor too. Let us know when it is available. Thanks.

4. gto88
    Agree, last I tried to order from Dignis web site, I gave up for the international shipping cost.
    Hopefully, they have US dealer.

5. dhc0329
    Yes it is navy blue and fits quite tightly. No fit issue here.

quantumrush likes this.
  6. jamato8 Contributor
    Looks like not until September for the Dignis case. :^(. lol Well, at least they are making one.

7. singleended5863
    @jamato8
    You might ask Dignis case for the DX220 Max in the future too! :wink:

8. dhc0329
    Only gripe I have on Mitter is that button and top part are not perfectly aligned with the device. :triportsad:
    Other than that it's a nice looking, slim case.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    quantumrush likes this.
  9. fokta
    Hmm.. getting more interesting...

will do... just keep listening, and also try, be open mind, open for input. And don't be afraid to express or do impression. hahaha.. old guys speak old sh#t.

CMIIW, Warm, is more emphasize on Low (bass), with decent of Mid (vocal), and sometimes a bit spark of High (Treble).
    The more detail the rumble (sub Bass), some time it sacrifices Micro detail from High (treble).

Cold / Bright , is the other way around of Warm. which more emphasize on Mid and High.
    Large sound stage, micro detail, I find correlate to Hi Mid and High (treble).
    Why Solaris sounds so wide and tall in sound stage, because the spark (high/treble)...
    IMHO...

https://www.headphonezone.in/blogs/audiophile-guide/sound-signatures-explained
    simple reading...

20190724_082032.jpg

Already got the gear to listen AMP9...
    Still looking AMP9 stock to demo...

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    icefalkon and cycheang like this.
  10. Kitechaser
    @Carlsan said there is a hiss with the Solaris on amp9. Might wanna talk to him first before jumping in

11. Sonic Defender Contributor
    Sounds like the DX220 is quite the complete package. It must be very impressive. hard to believe the wonderful state of the hobby where these small footprint, portable devices are absolutely capable of competing with full-sized, well designed systems. I look forward to getting a chance one day to hear this DAP, hopefully, but if not I am enjoying following the thread and living vicariously through everybody here.

Kitechaser likes this.
  12. fokta
    Yes, I alrd ready aware of his impressions...
    TQ for the heads up...
    yet, I am looking for user here that have it...
    The only demo availble is already Mod...

Kitechaser likes this.
  13. Whitigir
    You keep mentioning about his stuff being modified, did he share details of what he have done to it ? And why

fokta likes this.
  14. fokta
    According to his impression, the low is tighter..
    if I heard all his gear, his DX220 mod was more on analytic, so as probably his AMP9 ( I have not listen to it)

Still I asking for his time to met. but I prefer user that have AMP9 stock...

15. Carlsan
    Solaris sounds great with the default amp, but amp 9 adds hiss between tracks. If one can ignore it, the combo does sound good. The Massdrop x Empire Ears Zeus is worse and almost un-listenable.
    Then again, tube amps can often add unwanted hiss, it's part of the downside of tubes. From my collection, these are the only two I have found a hiss with.
    The Noble Khan, by the way, sounds fantastic with Amp9.

fokta, cycheang and Kitechaser like this.
First

Back
452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461
463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472
Next

Last