1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX220 A new view to your music. * Latest Firmware: June 18, 2019 OTA * Link for User Guide 1st Page. AMP9 Now available! And DC01.

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Jan 23, 2019.
First

Back
446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455
457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466
Next

Last
  1. Whitigir
    Ok, so the Amp9 triggered by Amp8 can drive HD800S very very loud with Hiss but low level. Kinda like high quality tape hisses LOL!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  2. Paulo Abreu
    Me trying to resist selling my home system for some top of the line portable gear...

upload_2019-7-21_22-26-27.gif

xkoo likes this.
  3. leftside
    Been using AMP8 and AMP9 for a few weeks now. Prefer the AMP8 for the gym, or when on-the-go and active doing stuff around the house. Prefer the AMP9 for those closing the eyes, sitting back and listening moments.

Both are great with CA Solaris and Focal Stellia, although you definitely have to crank the volume a lot more with the Stellia on the AMP9.

fokta likes this.
  4. duyanh43
    Yeah hot swapping Amp9 boost its output power. It can drive Ananda and headphones just like the Amp8. Without hot swapping i need to turn volume to almost 130 to listen with SR1, a fairly easy to drive headphone, 150/150 can't put VE Zen loud enough to listen also.

bsphong and Whitigir like this.
  5. Signal2Noise
    Is "hot-swapping" healthy for a tube amp? I'm under the impression even powering on/off a tube amp in quick succession (I.e. less than 3-4 minutes) is not a good idea.

6. arijitroy2
    Damn, I'm sorry man!! I know it sucks when people near you don't get this, my gf doesn't say anything when I purchase these things! But I make it a point to make them listen once, and their opinion completely changes!!

7. Whitigir
    If safety and reliability is a concern, Ofcourse abiding the rules of thumbs is recommended. Never hot-swap, regardless of it being tube or solid states. But if you want to give it a try, then no one stopping you. I do notice that whatever Ibasso is restraining the Amp9 with firmware is for a purposes, to keep the noisefloor and the hiss down for majority of the gears. Even Hd800s would hiss when hotswap, I didn’t hear Aiva hiss though, it may be an exception ....lol

bsphong likes this.
  8. arijitroy2
    @Whitigir , would you say Amp9 is warmer than amp8ex in sound signature?

bsphong likes this.
  9. Whitigir
    Definitely! They are still very different. Tube is always different than SS doesn’t matter how much you tweak it. The Amp8EX is just to maximize the clarity, density, fluidity and fidelity while remaining true to being references and accurate.

You can ask @icefalkon for a more detailed comparison :)

It is kinda meaningless to compare though, unless you have someone who will be ready to tackle the EX job, and that you have the balls to hall it through...LoL. Or maybe waiting for DX220Max ? Unless you are waiting to keep something small in the pocket and maximizing the potentials. I hold DX220 EX and Amp8EX in a very high regard, and that is the beast unleashed with all it Sabers and Claws to show.

bsphong and arijitroy2 like this.
  10. duyanh43
    My new Amp9 sound pretty dry and bright in comparison to Amp8. I'm currently burning it.

bsphong likes this.
  11. singleended5863
    My amp9 was sounding warm right out of the box.

bsphong likes this.
  12. arijitroy2

I do love the amp8 mod I have, been a great decision to get it done. Just that once a while i could use a little musical signature too, i love neutral balanced a lot but it does get a bit fatiguing at times.

I think ill just get the amp9 and enjoy the tube warmth once a while!

13. arijitroy2
    I have heard amp9 drastically improves the sound signature. Keep us posted after i guess 100 hrs of use :)

14. panasonicst60
    I see you're finally decided to make the jump to amp9. :)

15. arijitroy2
    Yep, I was looking for warmer iems yesterday or considering WA8 but figured it's cheaper to buy amp9 :)

panasonicst60 likes this.
First

Back
446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455
457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466
Next

Last