DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jul 21, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #6,796 of 13,460
Headphone impedance doesn’t necessarily track with sensitivity though. My Andromeda S have low impedance and high sensitivity (12.8 ohm and 128 dB/mW), but I still sometimes hit 100 on the volume pot on Amp9 (Android, low gain). Not sure Id want to switch down the power for the Amp9...
You only need 100/150 on lowgain? I use DX200 and on Amp9 Andro S i use vol 100 on high gain :frowning2:

Jul 21, 2019 at 8:18 AM Post #6,797 of 13,460
Neutron player can live process to DSD I think. Beside that, I am not too sure of any others. I use offline processing by HQplayerPro and there are a lot of different filters that can suit the tastes since I also love HQPlayer :)

Now I am waiting for the DX220 max if it could do dsd1024 ? Lol
Let me try Neutron then!

Yeah my home pc is quite beefed up and can easily handle this oversampling, plus i have a dedicated server for Roon, although i use Roon's inbuilt DSP to upsample, haven't testes with HQplayer yet.

But with HQPlayer, the difference is quite clear unlike XiSRC.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #6,799 of 13,460
Totally agree. Btw what blu ray player do you have? :)

I do all my SACD ripping with a Pioneer Elite BDP-80FD. My kids used it as a Blu Ray Player until I found out it was able to rip SACD. Makes it very easy to have a catalog of SACD ISOs. I am currently seeking an iBasso DX??? to expand my growing portable audio player collection.

I see now there is another offering on the horizon, although at 2 grand I will sit this one out until its firmware is mature

Jul 21, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #6,800 of 13,460
I do all my SACD ripping with a Pioneer Elite BDP-80FD. My kids used it as a Blu Ray Player until I found out it was able to rip SACD. Makes it very easy to have a catalog of SACD ISOs. I am currently seeking an iBasso DX??? to expand my growing portable audio player collection.

I see now there is another offering on the horizon, although at 2 grand I will sit this one out until its firmware is mature

I never had problem with dx200/220 in MangoOS as a firmware. Android os May be something else but I don’t care much for it

Jul 21, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #6,801 of 13,460
You only need 100/150 on lowgain? I use DX200 and on Amp9 Andro S i use vol 100 on high gain :frowning2:

I’ve pushed it to maybe 125 max in low gain, for those songs/moments that require ridiculous loudness, otherwise it’s a bit too painfully loud for me...

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #6,802 of 13,460
Let me try Neutron then!

Yeah my home pc is quite beefed up and can easily handle this oversampling, plus i have a dedicated server for Roon, although i use Roon's inbuilt DSP to upsample, haven't testes with HQplayer yet.

But with HQPlayer, the difference is quite clear unlike XiSRC.

audirvana plus

Jul 21, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #6,803 of 13,460
I just had a session with DX221mk2 and Fostex TH610 listening to several Fourplay albums. Wow the AMP1mk2 really really shines with these cans and this style music! Particularly Fourplay - Esprit De Four - for the first time in a while I've preferred the sound of AMP1mk2 and it's absolute clarity with these cans. (compared to AMP9) The extra volume available with AMP1mk2 doesnt hurt either with the really big dynamic range of these recordings.

The low end is so powerful, smooth and tight with Nathan Easts 5 string powering through without muddying the low end. Beautiful shimmer of the high hats and symbols and really well placed strong piano. It's Really realllllly good. This is with 24bit 96k FLAC versions through Neutron player. Feels really luxurios sitting in a nice leather chair head layed back, coffee resting on chest in left hand, and bluetooth remote in the right hand resting next to the 'rather warm feeling' DX220 resting on the arm rest. Does it get any better than this? Well it was pretty good pumping the lineout this afternoon for the first time through my home system. Nothing too fancy, Sony SSX70ED mains powered by ol' faithful Sony DA5200ES with a pair of Velodyne 10" subs for company. Im shortly replacing the AVR with the Denon 8500H - but this old AMP is no slouch. :) I've been waiting for the Denon HDMI 2.1 upgrade for ages and cant wait any more!

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #6,804 of 13,460
I never had problem with dx200/220 in MangoOS as a firmware. Android os May be something else but I don’t care much for it

the only reason to use Android is to avoid having to grow an O/S from the ground up (or pay to license someone else's). Android is a convoluted mess. I used to compile my own custom ROMs and it was more work than it was worth. if the audio industry wants to continue to use it for their portable music players they have calculated the cost of a ground up O/S to be greater than the headache which is Android.

I am pleased that the DX200 seems to be a bargain now the 220 is available. too bad other purchases this quarter have slowed my progress towards another DAP

Jul 21, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #6,805 of 13,460
@bsphong , holy shiet! The hot swapping Amp9 module is REAL! no joke. I can drive my Aiva with Amp9 3.5mm SE and at 45%. Where as it used to be 90% hahahaha....triggered by Amp8!

Also, it keeps on rolling to 77/100 and the tubes light started to flicker due to bass slams and distort. I don’t think it is good ? LOL! I am not familiar with the Nutubes, but what the hell...flickering tubes lights ? LOL

I know if it runs pink or Red, then it is no good, nothing about flickering. Red like this is no good

Also, I couldn’t stand that 77/100....it was too loud, I had to take off the headphones to try cranking it up
4CD933F4-6CB9-4EBC-BF44-D3FCCEBAF498.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #6,806 of 13,460
@bsphong , holy shiet! The hot swapping Amp9 module is REAL! no joke. I can drive my Aiva with Amp9 3.5mm SE and at 45%. Where as it used to be 90% hahahaha....triggered by Amp8!

Also, it keeps on rolling to 77/100 and the tubes light started to flicker due to bass slams. I don’t think it is good ? LOL! I am not familiar with the Nutubes, but what the hell...flickering tubes lights ?

I know if it runs pink or Red, then it is no good, nothing about flickering. Red like this is no good

Also, I couldn’t stand that 77/100....it was too loud, I had to take off the headphones to try cranking it up
Whitigir is doing the hot swapping too?! What the ....

Jul 21, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #6,807 of 13,460
Whitigir is doing the hot swapping too?! What the ....

This second person confirmed it, so I had to test it out

I do notice a big increase in gain when swapping in AMP9 without powering the unit down first. Can this damage the AMP or player? Would be good to know how this could affect things long term.
I am a very curious minded person :wink:. Everything for science of course hahaha!

It is real, @Lurker0 mentioned that upon boots, the firmware checks the module to run accordingly. This hotswap is probably triggered by Amp8 for max output capability, and then Amp9 slotted in to run off these parameters. I use Aiva ATM, I don’t hear hisses. This is good news!

The battery will be drained as quick as Amp8, and it gets warmer too

Amp9 is going to be EX-modified for headphones Usage!!

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #6,808 of 13,460

Also, it keeps on rolling to 77/100 and the tubes light started to flicker due to bass slams and distort. I don’t think it is good ? LOL! I am not familiar with the Nutubes, but what the hell...flickering tubes lights ? LOL

Yes, I thinks hot swapping showed the amp9's true potential. Ibasso should upgrade firmware to optimize its capacity but not cause harmful to amp and earphones :)

Jul 21, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #6,809 of 13,460
Installed lurker mod today and.I'm loving the added hiby/uapp players. I used hiby on the r6 pro, still feels good.

So I did the sd card method to install lurker. Can I also install Fidelizer purist rom via sd or is that only pc? Past attempts on pc haven't been good and kept gettin fails.

Jul 21, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #6,810 of 13,460

Not to get off subject, but it is about using SACD on the DX220 (etc.) but is there a forum for how to go about this or is it fairly straight forward? I have a number of SACDs that I would like to rip but have no method to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back