DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jul 4, 2019 at 5:27 AM Post #5,851 of 13,478
Hey guys, please some respect for us who are still waiting for AMP9 and getting insane with the commentaries (don't stop he he).
Btw, maybe I'm not interpreting correctly but I think I have outstanding news on my DHL shipment log ... :wink:

As I've been listening balanced (both IEMs and HPs) in Mango mode, wondering with AMP9 single ended if changing to Android I will loose much (if any) on sound quality?
Is there a consensus on which Android music app has the best sound quality (takes the best of DX220 hardware) - iBasso own app or other?

I personally think the Android Mango app is great, and extremely usable. Mango OS is just too unwieldy, and I don’t think they sound extraordinarily different. Need to give UAPP a spin though, I’ve not used it on DX220 (because Android Mango is a solid app).

Jul 4, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #5,852 of 13,478
Hello guys, somebody wrote here about qobuz apk crashing on dx220. I have the same problem when download more than 5 albums or playlists for offline listening with qobuz apk. As I see there is update for qobuz apk from 26th of june, do you still have such crashes with qobuz apk?

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #5,853 of 13,478
Honestly, I don't know. But, they are definitely green and it's not a trick of the camera.

As long as they don't turn RED there is no problem:

Excess filament voltage will easily burn out the filament!
A red-heated filament shows excess voltage.
Normal state Filament 0.7V 17mA

EDIT: So, maybe both colors (green and blue) may be possible (gross speculation). In the color spectrum green is closer to red, so blue might be better ... LOL

From the same guide, keeping DX220 in leather case (as Nutube doesn't emit heat) might also be a good idea to reduce microphonics:

2.Prevent any vibration from the air (Fig.2)
The vibration of the air (sound) reaching the surface glass of Nutube can cause the microphonic noise especially high frequencies (a metallic sound) .
Placing Nutube in a protective box/case helps prevent such vibrations.
Using acoustic material in the chassis further reduces the noise.
Placing a heavy metal plate (e.g. lead) on the surface of a Nutube can also reduce noise.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #5,854 of 13,478
Jul 4, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #5,855 of 13,478
Hello guys, somebody wrote here about qobuz apk crashing on dx220. I have the same problem when download more than 5 albums or playlists for offline listening with qobuz apk. As I see there is update for qobuz apk from 26th of june, do you still have such crashes with qobuz apk?

Had this issue with the Dx220. That was one of the reasons I sold mine. I now have the A&K SP1000 and I'm still having the same issues with Quboz. I've decided to just use Tidal as that works without issue. It's an andriod issue, as I don't have any issues when using my iPhone with Quboz.

Jul 4, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #5,856 of 13,478
I received my Amp9 today and initial impressions even out of the box are that it sounds fantastic! Not too warm but just full sounding, vocals in particular sound very lifelike.

But the hiss is real on Andromedas....
I was surprised to find it could drive my Aeolus loud enough though based on other's feedback and they sound great! High gain 120ish volume.

Edit: like others have said the bass took me by surprise as a standout area of the Amp9, much better impact and texture than I was expecting in that department.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #5,857 of 13,478
Had this issue with the Dx220. That was one of the reasons I sold mine. I now have the A&K SP1000 and I'm still having the same issues with Quboz. I've decided to just use Tidal as that works without issue. It's an andriod issue, as I don't have any issues when using my iPhone with Quboz.
I see... Thank you for reply

Jul 4, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #5,860 of 13,478
UAPP on DX221mk2 really something...

the odd I find that, The MQA make the sound getting louder, off course the louder the sound, the better dynamic will be.. but it doesn't mean better SQ.
I just realized that the emblem HiRes only show on certain flac 24 bit above with no MQA compatible... when it shows, really good SQ will be delivered... I kinda like this...

MQA flac, no show Hires Emblem
20190705_075545.jpg

24 Bit, No MQA, but Hires
20190705_075527.jpg

DSD512, HiRes emblem show
20190705_075600.jpg

24 bit Flac with real 96 kHz, also show HiRes
20190705_075515.jpg

my Point, Only MQA song seems boost the volume, while I dont feel additional SQ.
It really feel the same like Mango OS...
UAPP is Mango OS on Android with better search UI... IMO.

edit : what I mean by HiRes emblem
20190705_080350.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #5,861 of 13,478
I can hear hiss when playing on Khan with amp9, but sound is great :)

How to listen Tidal on amp9 without wifi crackling noise :p

IMG_5083.JPG

Anyone have wifi dongle can help me confirm if we can use it without any crackling noise?

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2019 at 11:09 PM Post #5,865 of 13,478
So you are saying that you are using external WiFi receiver instead of the built in as it is less noisy or free of noises ?
No, I don't have any wifi dongle so I cannot test that but, maybe it works without any crackling noise because it's an external device :p.
I want to ask if anyone has it can help me test and if it works I will order one :)
In my picture, I am using USB to ethernet adapter and no noise at all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back