1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX220 A new view to your music. * Latest Firmware: June 18, 2019 OTA * Link for User Guide 1st Page. AMP9 Now available! And DC01.

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Jan 23, 2019.
First

Back
378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387
389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398
Next

Last
  1. aaf evo
    As someone that has used both of those DAPs it is incredible that anyone could ever make that statement, lol. That really puzzled me when I heard that but I suppose to each their own.

davidmolliere likes this.
  2. davidmolliere
    Yeah well it matches superbly with the VE8 and EM64, I’ll have to give the SR-1 a try and then Phantom

I owned the 1Z for a while, DX229 is well in its league, if not above depending on criterias you value most...

I wished I had heard the N8, very interesting comparison with DX229...

3. jamato8 Contributor
    I have the WM1Z and like it very much but the DX220 and AMP9 easily best it.

4. Whitigir
    Wm1Z and N8, Dx220 and Amp8 are all in similar tier of top performers.

Preferences and synergies aside, in my opinion if it isn’t DX200EX or DX220EX, it gotta be DMP-Z1 :)

No, I don’t bias, and that is honest to my heart.

So....what do I say when I have both ? DMP-Z1 is hardly portable, so it is great to stay still somewhere and listen to it for a while. For portability ? DX220EX and Amp8-EX is where it can bring satisfactions.

I can only say that EX modifications were developed and tuned according to my experiences and preferences to squeeze out the best performances from the potentials of different modules that I have observed. I can not give detailed reviews or impressions as it is meaningless since I do not offer to modify anything at all. I do publish for free on what needed to be done and you can bring it to your trusted technician if you want it to get done. This would be meaningless to give impressions as the modifications is not easily come by, and not everyone can have it.

So, all I can say is that Dx200 as much as Dx220 platform and the amp modules. They all have great potentials, and EX modifications were meant to squeeze them out according to my preferences and experiences.

5. davidmolliere
    Yeah well, I didn’t want to come out and say it right away because of potential new toy syndrome, but DX229 really blows my mind like very few audio product have, I’d be interested to hear the N8 in Tube mode

6. jamato8 Contributor
    You want some real excitement? Play some Linda Ronstadt the 3 boxed set. It will give you chills. The 220 and AMP9 really fleshes this out and you are enveloped with sound and yet the imaging is there. Superb.

7. Whitigir
    To me the N8 Tubes had better loudness where as Amp9 and dx220 has better balances throughout it whole spectrums. Neither will be bad as they are on the same tier. So it will come down to preferences and practicality or UI and synergies with choices of gears

8. AlexRv
    I’m jealous))) I’ll have the vacations till the end of July and amp9 will come only in the middle of July.

9. singleended5863
    Woohoo! Got the amp9 today.
    Put right in my DX200TI and WOW it sounds so smooth, detail and airy but the volume goes up around 105 to 115 (is that normal for 3.5 SE?). :L3000:

10. jamato8 Contributor
    Yes.

11. aaf evo
    Yep, I’m having to crank the volume up a good amount compared to AMP1 MK2 (although on balanced). I’m listening around 90-110 on the AMP 9 depending on the song.

12. singleended5863
    Thank you.
    Wow! The bass texture and rumble which are tight, punchier and fast. Soundstage is huge enough. All of these make the Phantoms sound almost the same as Valkyrie.
    @jamato8 you are right amp9 doesn’t sound like tube or tubey or warmest of tube.

13. leftside
    Sounds great right out of the box with Stellia and Solaris! Agreed what others have said regarding, bass, texture, layering, etc and soundstage seems more distinct and wider. Think I'm set for a DAP and amps.

On medium gain the Stellia is really loud on 85-90 (55 with AMP1). Comfortable listening at 70. No hiss with volume at max and no music playing.
    On low gain the Solaris is really loud on 65-70 (45 with AMP1). No hiss with volume at max and no music playing.

1.JPG

2.JPG
    3.JPG

fokta, davidmolliere and Whitigir like this.
  14. Whitigir
    How is it green ? Mine look Blue! Lol

15. leftside
    I've been tube rolling! :)

First

Back
378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387
389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398
Next

Last