DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Mar 28, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #481 of 13,478
Well, many people have been saying that Dx200 is a giant killer for a while now.....even in reviews slowly dripping in over the course of the last 2 years. There is nothing surprising about that :wink:

However, some people measure quality by their pocket depth, and not by ears.

So, whatever floats your boat

Funny thing is, when people ask me for a really good flagship DAP, DX200 always comes into discussion and often ends up being their choice, it simply does so much so well :)

Of course, it is not made for everyone, but most people simply fall in love with it, and at first sight

Mar 28, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #484 of 13,478
It's funny @Whitigir. I'm a WM1Z owner myself but I'm intrigued by the DX220. I want a TOTL streaming DAP. I wanted a DX208Ti also but I was slow to pull the trigger.

Well, with the hardware updates / upgrades iBasso has announced to DX220, it should be even better as a TOTL Streaming DAP, so you will be happy you waited, I'd say! :)

Mar 30, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #485 of 13,478
Went for CanJam Singapore and demo'd the unit.

Impressions of it are very similar to DX200, albeit with better noise floor. Background is quieter than DX200. UI is also as smooth as the videos have shown.

Battery life was not as good as the pictures from before have been shown. I didn't take a picture of it but at 65%, it was showing me that it only had about 3h45min left.

However, I've found a bug on the demo unit that whenever I switch it to SPDIF output and back to Phone out, audio will not be produced out of the AMP anymore (which only can be fixed by switching the device off and on again). I am not sure if this is exclusive to the demo unit or is it a firmware bug, but I am hoping this issue will not pop out when it's out commercially.

I've also seen the device go into a bootloop, with the guy tending the booth saying something about it re-reading the microSD card and not being able to while booting up.

As per what other information that might be gotten, I'm told that nothing else was revealed to the people who were tending the booth. We couldn't even pre-order the unit or was the USD899 price confirmed.

That's all I know out of Canjam about DX220.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #486 of 13,478

Impressions of it are very similar to DX200, albeit with better noise floor. Background is quieter than DX200. UI is also as smooth as the videos have shown.

However, I've found a bug on the demo unit that whenever I switch it to SPDIF output and back to Phone out, audio will not be produced out of the AMP anymore (which only can be fixed by switching the device off and on again). I am not sure if this is exclusive to the demo unit or is it a firmware bug, but I am hoping this issue will not pop out when it's out commercially.

I've also seen the device go into a bootloop, with the guy tending the booth saying something about it re-reading the microSD card and not being able to while booting up.

As per what other information that might be gotten, I'm told that nothing else was revealed to the people who were tending the booth. We couldn't even pre-order the unit or was the USD899 price confirmed.

It makes a lot of senses with better floor noises since the dx200Ti also do have better floor noise than regular Dx200. That is the newer regulators at play. So, it is safe to stay with just Dx200Ti :D

Mar 30, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #487 of 13,478

Battery life was not as good as the pictures from before have been shown. I didn't take a picture of it but at 65%, it was showing me that it only had about 3h45min left.

Nice Impression.
so still not yet confirm when it will be launch then...
the DX220 demoed used AmP1 or different type??

Mar 30, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #488 of 13,478
Nice Impression.
so still not yet confirm when it will be launch then...
the DX220 demoed used AmP1 or different type??

AMP1 was used for demo. The guys at the booth told me that the demo unit came with AMP8 but I don't think it's practical to include that as the stock amp due to the fact that it lacks a 3.5mm SE output.

Mar 30, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #489 of 13,478
Any info on tube amp modules (nutube based)?

Mar 30, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #491 of 13,478
Heard from the guy at the booth that this is possibly delayed. And the dx220 is likely to be delayed as well due to the bugs mentioned earlier
Thanks

Mar 30, 2019 at 4:58 PM Post #492 of 13,478
Mar 31, 2019 at 1:35 AM Post #493 of 13,478
I had a bit more time with DX220.

Apparently the Mango player on DX220 skips the first second of your song. This issue is not apparent in other music player apps I've downloaded (HibyMusic, FiiO music) so it's an issue exclusive to MangoPlayer.

The bootloop issue notably only happens when the microSD card is not compatible with the device. I am not sure whether it is an issue with the formatting (exFAT/FAT32/etc) or the model, but it has occured with a few brandless microSD cards.

The demo player has a Sandisk A1 card that works fine with it, so as mine do. My card was formatted to EXFAT.

EDIT: Adding on, MangoPlayer's album song list does not order your song by their order correctly. It's listed alphabetically.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back