DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 31, 2019 at 8:53 AM Post #4,442 of 13,478
Hello guys,
I'm using TIDAL too on DX220 , as my left ear is a bit weak I have to use Balance function. There aren't Balance function in Audio settings.
Am I missed something?
Suggestions please.

I don’t see any options for adjusting channel balance in Tidal either, only in Mango player. If you’re streaming you might be able to play Tidal via UAPP (after installing Luker’s firmware), I dimly recall an EQ and channel balance setting in UAPP but can’t check from here. No solutions I can think of for offline Tidal..

May 31, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #4,444 of 13,478
Isn't this control systemwide?

I freely admit I have not tested this. You can set the gain and such in Android direct, but the channel balance is only visible in the settings panel within Mango player - I assumed it was player specific (like the EQ which is not system wide AFAIK). Glad to be proven wrong though!

May 31, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #4,445 of 13,478
Whats so bad about a dent ? My wife developed dents and I didnt return her. Come on.
One of your best comment.... +1

Got mine 2 days ago... drop around half meter with pouch...
20190531_202443.jpg lost a heart beat because of this

May 31, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #4,446 of 13,478
One of your best comment.... +1

Got mine 2 days ago... drop around half meter with pouch...
lost a heart beat because of this
You a man now.

May 31, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #4,451 of 13,478
May 31, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #4,452 of 13,478
Humor me*

I can not tell the differences from DMP vs Dx220....

Those holes on each side are for you to attach a leather strap so you can put your head through. You can wear it as a necklace.

May 31, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #4,453 of 13,478
Well I have sent my DX220 back for repairs (I had dropped my unit and ended up having a dent in one of the corners) and they are sending it back to me on Monday. Had the case and glass replaced. All I can say about iBasso after service is that they are really great. AND Paul is a saint!!! I must have sent so many e-mails because I was so worried about my DX220 but Paul was patient understanding and informative. If I was Paul I would have kicked myself in the ass LOL.
And how much did you pay for that?

May 31, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #4,454 of 13,478
I don’t see any options for adjusting channel balance in Tidal either, only in Mango player. If you’re streaming you might be able to play Tidal via UAPP (after installing Luker’s firmware), I dimly recall an EQ and channel balance setting in UAPP but can’t check from here. No solutions I can think of for offline Tidal..
If UAPP means "USB Audio Player Pro" - yes tried to instal but system says impossible to install because Google Play is not on device. I have UAPP on 2 of my Android devices..
Dear @Paul - iBasso I think it would be an elegant update to add L - R balance adjust in Android audio settings option for those with non symmetrical hearing...

Last edited:
May 31, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #4,455 of 13,478
Yes, this is what I have done with my DX208 (I will be getting a DX220 shortly). What I am curious about is since this is technically double-amping, would it still be a better option that simply using the standard line-out from the 220 into an external amp single ended? I am wondering if double-amping via the 2.5mm HPO jack into an amps balanced inputs (such as AAA 789) will sound better than the LO jack from the 220 into the amps RCA inputs, assuming of course you are still using the balanced XLR out of the AAA 789. Thoughts?

Would anyone volunteer to conduct this experiment for the good of the group? What I'd like to know is whether sending music from the DX220 to an external balanced amp provides better audio quality via the single ended line-out jack connected to the RCA inputs of a THX 789 amp (or balanced amp of your choice) or via the balanced 2.5mm headphone out of the DX220 connected to the dual 3-pin XLR balanced inputs of the amp (this would actually be double-amping the audio signal, which typically is not recommended). The sound should be evaluated using the balanced XLR headphone out of the amp of choice. I suppose it is possible that different balanced amps could provide different results, but I'd be most interested in the THX amp. Thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back