DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 27, 2019 at 2:01 AM Post #4,156 of 13,478
No not mandatory, but recommend. Just to prevent possible problems.
Precisely I have some problems with the last update, high resolution files that pass badly, noisy or somehow a pink noise at the end of the tracks and a freeze when I switch from android to Mango OS, I have to press the on off button for a long time for it to recover! Finally after unrolling the albums everything is going well now... Do I have to do a factory reset, it's very annoying because I put a lot of files in the internal memory that will be deleted with the factory reset. Thank you in advance for your informed answers. With kind regards

May 27, 2019 at 2:17 AM Post #4,157 of 13,478
Precisely I have some problems with the last update, high resolution files that pass badly, noisy or somehow a pink noise at the end of the tracks and a freeze when I switch from android to Mango OS, I have to press the on off button for a long time for it to recover! Finally after unrolling the albums everything is going well now... Do I have to do a factory reset, it's very annoying because I put a lot of files in the internal memory that will be deleted with the factory reset. Thank you in advance for your informed answers. With kind regards
Seems like most dap manufacturers have problems with updates due to having such a small team. Unlike phone companies which has a lot of software engineers to implement updates correctly (no factory resetting). I would advised to invest in a micro SD card and avoid saving to the internal if possible. A factory reset is of course not guaranteed to fix all your problems, but it definitely can. Sorry I'm not much help. If anyone wants to chime in please do.

Last edited:
May 27, 2019 at 2:29 AM Post #4,158 of 13,478
FYI, the Quick charge now is possible with the new FW when the device is off,
Left charge for 2 hour and 37 minutes from Battery 8% till it full
Using charger that can do QC 3.0 and Cayin Cable data.

my AMP8 is delay again... #AnxietyKickIn

Last edited:
May 27, 2019 at 2:34 AM Post #4,159 of 13,478
Seems like most dap manufacturer have problems with updates due to having such a small team. Unlike phone companies which has a lot of software engineers to implement updates correctly (no factory resetting). I would advised to invest in a micro SD card and avoid saving to the internal if possible. A factory reset is of course not guaranteed to fix all your problems, but it definitely can. So I'm not much help. If anyone wants to chime in please do.
OK , thanks a lot to you , will invest in a larger capacity micro sd to save the internal memory, and do the factory reset after but for the moment as everything is recovering and going well I'm going to leave it like that until the next memory card and the next update . still some questions, I have a few small clicks at the beginning and at the end just on the hires files, and finally my DX 220 heats up, is that all this normal . Once again, thank you very much.

May 27, 2019 at 2:44 AM Post #4,160 of 13,478
OK , thanks a lot to you , will invest in a larger capacity micro sd to save the internal memory, and do the factory reset after but for the moment as everything is recovering and going well I'm going to leave it like that until the next memory card and the next update . still some questions, I have a few small clicks at the beginning and at the end just on the hires files, and finally my DX 220 heats up, is that all this normal . Once again, thank you very much.
I have yet to experience any clicking on my hi rez files. Not that I have a lot of them to verify anyways. Most are CD quality. As mentioned many times on here that the dx220 does run pretty hot when running really high res music. But it should be ok as long as there is decent air flow. It's pretty common in other daps also. Again I mostly play CD quality only and it runs fairly cool even with the case on.

Last edited:
May 27, 2019 at 2:53 AM Post #4,161 of 13,478
I have yet to experience any clicking on my hi rez files. Not that I have a lot of them to verify anyways. Most are CD quality. As mentioned many times on here that the dx220 does run pretty hot when running really high res music. But it should be ok as long as there is decent air flow. It's pretty common in other daps also. Again I mostly play CD quality only and it runs fairly cool even with the case on.
The small clicks just happens with hires files , zero clicks with normal files , need advise from the community ! And thanks a lot to you . Kind regards

May 27, 2019 at 3:41 AM Post #4,162 of 13,478

My AMP8 too. On top of that long public holiday is just around the corner. Sigh... :triportsad:

But luckily my 2.5mm balanced to 4.4mm balanced adapter just arrived.:ksc75smile:
IMG_20190527_154603.jpg

Last edited:
May 27, 2019 at 3:54 AM Post #4,163 of 13,478

Just get it directly from ibasso bro, our local distributor is pretty s**t :D

May 27, 2019 at 4:25 AM Post #4,164 of 13,478
My AMP8 too. On top of that long public holiday is just around the corner. Sigh... :triportsad:

But luckily my 2.5mm balanced to 4.4mm balanced adapter just arrived.:ksc75smile:

so all this time u only used SE?

Just get it directly from ibasso bro, our local distributor is pretty s**t :D

hahaha... dont be like that bro.. they are our only channel for Service....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back