DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Sep 30, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #13,261 of 13,460
And here we go obsolescence... you buy a device as top tier and 2 years later it’s out of phase.. that’s life I know but it’s frustrating when you don’t earn a lot of money and you save it for some gear and later on it’s half priced but well, again, that’s life..
Only in your mind. If it sounded good or great 2 years ago, it still does. There are "more advanced" cars since my 2012 FJ Cruiser but it is still great and no lesser a vehicle and the same goes for a number of daps, some that are 8 to 10 years old and working great and and sound fine. All up to you.

Sep 30, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #13,262 of 13,460
And here we go obsolescence... you buy a device as top tier and 2 years later it’s out of phase.. that’s life I know but it’s frustrating when you don’t earn a lot of money and you save it for some gear and later on it’s half priced but well, again, that’s life..
Looks like it takes the new amp modules? Stock looks like 3.5mm PO and LO and 2.5mm Balanced? Wonder what they are going to sell for. I think the 220 was $900 and that's only $300 from the DX300. $900 may be a tough ask for the DX240 now with the DX300 not being all that much more.

Sep 30, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #13,263 of 13,460
Only in your mind. If it sounded good or great 2 years ago, it still does. There are "more advanced" cars since my 2012 FJ Cruiser but it is still great and no lesser a vehicle and the same goes for a number of daps, some that are 8 to 10 years old and working great and and sound fine. All up to you.
I agree. The 220 still sounds great. I got an Amp8 after I bought my 220 a ways back but sold it. With seeing Ibasso discontinuing the modules I picked up another Amp8. It's doa so I'm waiting on a replacement. I actually like the Amp1 MKII but figured I better grab the Amp8 again before it's unavailable. My DX220 isn't going anywhere until it dies. Wondering whether I should get a new battery from Ibasso. I probably should.

Oct 1, 2021 at 3:32 AM Post #13,265 of 13,460
Oct 3, 2021 at 7:10 AM Post #13,266 of 13,460
I agree. The 220 still sounds great. I got an Amp8 after I bought my 220 a ways back but sold it. With seeing Ibasso discontinuing the modules I picked up another Amp8. It's doa so I'm waiting on a replacement. I actually like the Amp1 MKII but figured I better grab the Amp8 again before it's unavailable. My DX220 isn't going anywhere until it dies. Wondering whether I should get a new battery from Ibasso. I probably should.
Just bought a new battery from ibasso.
Currently the 2 yo battery lasts an hour @ 20% = 5 hours at best
There's a mainland holiday going on, so this'll impact delivery date...

Oct 3, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #13,267 of 13,460
Mine is about the same. Balanced, listening louder than average I'd say. Just a little over 2 hours yesterday and I was down to 60%. Mostly CD quality FLAC or better.

How much are the batteries?

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #13,268 of 13,460
Pmed...

Oct 7, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #13,269 of 13,460
I'll have to reset my delivery days countdown, starting from the 11th October...

Oct 7, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #13,270 of 13,460
I'll have to reset my delivery days countdown, starting from the 11th October...
It ends today I think (10/7). I guess your figuring nothing will get moving until Monday?
I should probably assume the same with a cable I just ordered. Another one I ordered a couple weeks ago had already begun traveling to me but hasn't moved in 5 days. Probably for the same reason.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #13,271 of 13,460
Yes. Even if the folks @ Ibasso mentioned they're working tomorrow, I'd rather not count Friday as it is squeezed by the coming weekend...

Oct 12, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #13,272 of 13,460
Anyone fixed their volume wheel DIY before ? Have one here that is loose then jamming.
Going to be PITA if i have to send it roundtrip to iBasso in asia.

Oct 12, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #13,273 of 13,460
Anyone fixed their volume wheel DIY before ? Have one here that is loose then jamming.
I understand completely that you are reluctant to send your equipment to Asia because I had a very bad experience too, In addition to my DX220 I have a DX200 but unfortunately it stopped working, so I contacted Paul and he asked me to send it to him, but the problem is that the Chinese customs have blocked my package for security reasons !! so they say after it has remained more than a 2 months Wirth them and another month to be returned to France,
Second attempt, and no trace of the package after its arrival at the airport in Paris for its shipment to China, So that's why I said that I understand you well.
I think that Ibasso should open repair centers at least in Europe and in the USA for these customers because having to send your equipment in case of a problem and waiting for months to be able to get it back and that's when it's going well, it's really not practical

Oct 13, 2021 at 12:28 AM Post #13,274 of 13,460
While, I miself have not done it it is totally doable on your own. My brother had to replace his as the cable for the volume wheel got damaged. You can talk to Paul and it should be no problem, buying just the replacement wheel and installing it yourself

Users who are viewing this thread

Back