DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Nov 7, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #12,751 of 13,478
Ok.. let me figure out to open it.. hehehe.. sorry, the Mod done not by me... Wait yah...
Cool thanks man, I might try that, need to get hold of an amp3 maybe, Thanks man... A picture tells more than a thousand words.

Nov 7, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #12,752 of 13,478
Someone mentioned in this tread about being an older guy, and not being able to hear the high stuff so well. Well Hans Beekhuyzen talks about this and has some good news for you. You tube around 26th of June 'Hearing Loss at Age'. It cheered me up :).

Nov 7, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #12,753 of 13,478
Cool thanks man, I might try that, need to get hold of an amp3 maybe, Thanks man... A picture tells more than a thousand words.
No problem... Sharing is caring, I asked the Modder to get the closest to my preferred Sound Sig, as he described, A warm vocal with overall tuned Neutral to Bright, with extra Mid Bass that puncy enough & tight... hahaha... there's one more caps that missing, cause is difficult to get here during Pandemic.

need Burn in again around 100 hours...

I get my AMP3 direct to Paul, so prob just be patient enough, and looking for used one, OTB AMP3 is not impressive, and pairing with DX200 will be very segmented listener... IMO.. but with proper MOD, its a Diamond that need to be Grind down...
Except having the only AMP that have Line Out in balanced from all AMP modular portfolio.
IMO, DAC/AMP with Line in in Balanced now is booming.. so having AMP3 will be an option for your DX150, DX200 & DX220 being transportable music player via M2M.
20201106_074018.jpg

Balanced M2M TRRS, 44TRRS to 25TRRS (source).
hope you now where I am getting... hehehe

Edit : my purpose is to Drive max my earbud to the highest it can produce SQ, in Mobile manner/config. Because my earbud need all the technically that DX223 can give. But still in DAP form...
And this earbud is scalable following the DX223 increase..
IMHO...

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #12,754 of 13,478
Nov 9, 2020 at 7:58 AM Post #12,755 of 13,478
Recently i have been having a weird issue with dx220.
Im getting some weird static artifacts when playing musoc only. And it mainly occurs across midrange frequency or sometime treble.
At first i thought it was my Legend X BAs failing. But i decided to swap some gear around.
So first i tried My LX on desktop gear. And there were absolutely no artifacts to be heard. It was all very clean.
Then i decided to try H40 on the same amp8 as LX. And africaft were there again.
I also swapped to amp1 mkII and plugged my LX on single end along with my Kliptch HP 3 cans. And i could hear them amp 1 too.
Actually even when auditioning EE Odin and Hero i had same issue.

So it just seems like main unit regardless of what amp module is used causes this static noise.
Any idea why this is happening and if there is a fix?

Or do i just send it back for warranty and ask for dx300 as replacement :ksc75smile:

Nov 9, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #12,756 of 13,478
Recently i have been having a weird issue with dx220.
Hey man, I sometimes get that when sitting at my desk. I have a lot of pc's using Bluetooth and wifi on my desk. Have you tried moving to another room ? Just a thought.

Nov 9, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #12,757 of 13,478
Hey man, I sometimes get that when sitting at my desk. I have a lot of pc's using Bluetooth and wifi on my desk. Have you tried moving to another room ? Just a thought.
Hey. I only use it outdoors and playing local files, no streaming and no dac mode.
Its something internal but im clueless on what can be done. I think ill just throw it back to amazon and ask for a new one.

Nov 9, 2020 at 9:09 PM Post #12,758 of 13,478
Hey. I only use it outdoors and playing local files, no streaming and no dac mode.
Its something internal but im clueless on what can be done. I think ill just throw it back to amazon and ask for a new one.

is it the same song(s)?

I would:

1. remove the microSD card and do a fresh copy of the songs in question to the DX220's internal storage.

2. let the battery fully discharge and then recharge the unit

3. Do a factory reset.

4. If possible, try another cable on the Legend X BAs too (after the above 3 tests).

Hope this helps, good luck.

Nov 11, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #12,760 of 13,478
Yes, it is possible, well it was on the DX200 :), but I don't know where you would get a spare one ?
1605117638388.png

Perhaps Ibasso would oblige ?

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2020 at 7:48 PM Post #12,761 of 13,478
Re: line out.
this is a basic question, when i use the line out 3.5mm, i need to adjust up the gain settings and increase the volume level to get an acceptable volume in my amplifier. i thought line out should be fixed volume. can anybody suggest if i am doing something wrong or this is normal behavior?

Nov 13, 2020 at 12:26 AM Post #12,762 of 13,478
Re: line out.
this is a basic question, when i use the line out 3.5mm, i need to adjust up the gain settings and increase the volume level to get an acceptable volume in my amplifier. i thought line out should be fixed volume. can anybody suggest if i am doing something wrong or this is normal behavior?

I would have thought it was fixed and you'd need to adjust the volume at your amp's end. That's how it worked with my AK 120 II when using it with my car audio system.

On a separate note - if I want to connect the DX220 to my car's audio system (Alpine head receiver) - is it just a standard 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack from the line out on the DX220 to aux input on my Alpine unit?

On a completely separate note and I posted about this a week and a half ago or so - my DX220 was misbehaving again last night - volume suddenly much lower than previously (same album/tracks) for the same gain/volume setting (medium/80 respectively) and lacking detail, especially in the high frequencies. This is the 2nd time it has done it since I got the unit in under 2 weeks. A restart did not solve the issue, nor did unplugging my IEMs and plugging them back in (3.5mm audio jack used). When this happened last time, I ejected the microSD card (whilst the unit was on) and the unit powered off by itself and wouldn't power back on for around 10 or so minutes. I did hold the power button down for an extended period of time (hoping the unit would turn on) and might have reset the unit, although when it eventually powered back on later on, it didn't mention anything about being reset, so I don't know. It then performed perfectly fine after it powered back on.

What exactly happens (on-screen) when you reset the unit? The manual doesn't say anything about it.

I am not sure if removing the microSD card helped with the issue, or it was just co-incidental. I have to rip a few new CDs and add them to the microSD card, so have to remove it anyway, so will test and see what happens.

Suggestion for iBasso devs - It would be nice if the DX220 unit shared Fiio M11's ability to receive files wirelessly to the player - saving me having to plug it into a computer, etc.

Nov 13, 2020 at 7:59 PM Post #12,763 of 13,478
Suggestion for iBasso devs - It would be nice if the DX220 unit shared Fiio M11's ability to receive files wirelessly to the player - saving me having to plug it into a computer, etc.

Other issues I can't weigh in on. But there are many wireless file transfer options on the Play Store which will allow you to do what you want. If you haven't set up the 220 for Google Play Services (I haven't, because I want to keep background processes to minimum) you can use the Play Store (on a browser) to find the app you want and then look for it on apkmirror (a site which will allow you to download the install packages safely - no need to worry about malware etc)

Another option which you might be interested in is Subsonic. Music server software that you install on the computer with all your music files. There is an app for Android (as well as other platforms) that will then allow you to stream the files and also, should you wish, download them to the second device. It would allow you the luxury of auditioning tracks/albums on the 220, only copying them over if you were confident you wanted them. However, you need to pay Subsonic for the option of the Android app (you get 30 days free trial, which includes Android app functionality)

Nov 14, 2020 at 5:36 AM Post #12,764 of 13,478
Yup works flawlessly, I liked the idea of wifi transfer so tried out mistral's idea. it worked first time.
1605350119083.png

WiFi file transfer for android. you install the app run it hit start and it gives you the URL to use. You do need to be connected to the same wifi network with both source and destination.

Nov 14, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #12,765 of 13,478
Yup works flawlessly, I liked the idea of wifi transfer so tried out mistral's idea. it worked first time.
1605350119083.png

WiFi file transfer for android. you install the app run it hit start and it gives you the URL to use. You do need to be connected to the same wifi network with both source and destination.

Is that the "WiFi File Transfer" app?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back