DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Apr 26, 2020 at 8:18 PM Post #11,716 of 13,460
Any links to more info on the DX220EX mod?
thanks

The EX body mod and the EX amp mod are designed to work together and bring out the best in both. The 220EX mod basically follows Whitigir's design that he outlined here: Post #139 of 286
However, Whitigir let me know that newer/better capacitors had finally been released for some of them, and I replaced them as well. I also do not use the TDK sheeting, as I think you lose as much as you gain, and my personal goal was as "pristine" a sound as possible.

I'm posting the sale information with pictures later tonight.

Please direct any further questions off of this thread and send me a PM. I'd be glad to answer anything you like.

Apr 27, 2020 at 1:05 AM Post #11,717 of 13,460
I always forget this so correct me if i am wrong

line out - use the dac in the DX220/200 etc

Coaxial - use the DX220/DX200 simply as a digital transport (ie the home system etc DACs is being used).

@Whitigir
You are correct - the line out is an analog signal form from the AMP1 MKII (or other module with line out) that can be fed into an outside amplifier, etc. The SPDIF is digital audio output and would have to be connected to an external device that supports that format - read more about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S/PDIF

The external links at the bottom of the wikipedia page have some useful details as well.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Tim

Apr 29, 2020 at 5:47 AM Post #11,719 of 13,460
Hi, is anyone experiencing cracking and popping noise on MAC os when using the DX220 in DAC mode?
I tried audinirvana, roon, and normal youtube. All are having problems.
Yes, I experienced this issue too, tried with some cables, different USB ports and tried with Mango/Android mode and still happening, its an annoying noise that occurs from time to time, there is no pattern or at least for me... Its a random issue

Apr 29, 2020 at 5:56 AM Post #11,720 of 13,460
Yes, I experienced this issue too, tried with some cables, different USB ports and tried with Mango/Android mode and still happening, its an annoying noise that occurs from time to time, there is no pattern or at least for me... Its a random issue
It continiously cracking on my mac to the point of unlistenable.
I tried with the windows bootcamp but same issue.

Apr 29, 2020 at 7:13 AM Post #11,721 of 13,460
Hi, is anyone experiencing cracking and popping noise on MAC os when using the DX220 in DAC mode?
I tried audinirvana, roon, and normal youtube. All are having problems.

I had this on Windows 10, so it doesn't seem to be OS related. On another day with a different USB cable everthing was fine. But i tested it only this two times as i usually use a different setup at home and doesn't need the DX220 (at home).

Apr 30, 2020 at 1:41 AM Post #11,722 of 13,460
I had this on Windows 10, so it doesn't seem to be OS related. On another day with a different USB cable everthing was fine. But i tested it only this two times as i usually use a different setup at home and doesn't need the DX220 (at home).
Never had this issue with my MBP TouchBar 2018; however, I’m using 30cm usb-c <-> usb-c cable to connect directly.
Using DAP to listen with Colibri and Audirvana apps.

Apr 30, 2020 at 3:18 AM Post #11,724 of 13,460
For how long should I burn in dx220 body after ex mod?

My amp9 became crazy airly after about 400 hours but I am sure you will feel
the benefit sooner if it was a good mod. I have never had such ultra detailed yet fluid
airly sound. I have not been able to enjoy other dap since. I have also dx220ex+amp8ex
mod coming to me so I will see how it performs. People say good thing about the new
N6ii e02 but there is no comparison with amp9 mod. Even n8 sounds too muffled compared
to this although it boasts gigantic sound stage.

Based on my experience Dx220 is amazing when modded both body and amp units.

Apr 30, 2020 at 4:05 AM Post #11,725 of 13,460
My amp9 became crazy airly after about 400 hours but I am sure you will feel
the benefit sooner if it was a good mod. I have never had such ultra detailed yet fluid
airly sound. I have not been able to enjoy other dap since. I have also dx220ex+amp8ex
mod coming to me so I will see how it performs. People say good thing about the new
N6ii e02 but there is no comparison with amp9 mod. Even n8 sounds too muffled compared
to this although it boasts gigantic sound stage.

Based on my experience Dx220 is amazing when modded both body and amp units.
Do you have Amp9 modded?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back